Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 21:26   #2581
BHPian
 
breezydrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 709
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

I saw this ZEN at a MASS, the owner told that it was hit from behind by a i10 & that too at very low speed, as a result it hit an Indigo in front. As per the owner, both the other cars escaped unhurt.

See, how the chasis has got completely mis-aligned at an impact speed of <30 km/hr.
What about NCAP crash test rating of Maruti cars?
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-image028.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-image029.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-image025.jpg  


Last edited by breezydrive : 11th June 2009 at 21:28.
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 22:05   #2582
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 974
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Saw this 10 mins ago.
Was returning home.
This Qualis was all flames and I was told that the tank was full.
Dunno what happened.
Will read it tomorrow in newspaper and then will post here.
I was watching it from a distance.
Soon enough fire brigade came and controlled the fire.
This happened around 600-700 mts away from my house.

Sorry for the bad quality. Phone cam pics clicked at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-11062009312.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-11062009313.jpg  


Last edited by SumitBahl : 11th June 2009 at 22:08.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 01:54   #2583
BHPian
 
k_shanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: KL - TEN
Posts: 353
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Saw this 10 mins ago.
Was returning home.
This Qualis was all flames and I was told that the tank was full.
Dunno what happened.
Will read it tomorrow in newspaper and then will post here.
I was watching it from a distance.
Soon enough fire brigade came and controlled the fire.
This happened around 600-700 mts away from my house.

Sorry for the bad quality. Phone cam pics clicked at night.
Oh that was horrible! do post the details soon.
k_shanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 02:23   #2584
BHPian
 
cvvikram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: India
Posts: 144
Thanked: Once
Default

OMG, Qualis gone into flames! Plz Provide more information once you get some.
cvvikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 03:07   #2585
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,390
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Saw this 10 mins ago.
Was returning home.
This Qualis was all flames and I was told that the tank was full.
Dunno what happened.
Will read it tomorrow in newspaper and then will post here.
I was watching it from a distance.
Soon enough fire brigade came and controlled the fire.
This happened around 600-700 mts away from my house.

Sorry for the bad quality. Phone cam pics clicked at night.
Was it a call center cab or a private one. Are the call center cabs in Chandigarh notorious too like in Delhi?

Do post the updates once you get them.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 04:21   #2586
BHPian
 
keralshobhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi, IN
Posts: 121
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

anyone saw the accident close to southX where a Ambassador crushed under LPG tanker and a black sedan also lying crushed ahead.
I just passed by the site stopped for a min to take a close look...Ambassador was in bad state (UP11 Taxi).I really doubt if the driver of ambassador survived.I wonder what happened to black sedan.After seeing the site,was not very keen in clicking pictures although.Hope every one survived (Optimism).
If anyone else can dare to click pics do post for others.

More over i have been going through the whole thread from last few days and it had left be shocked that i really feel sick driving now.

Last edited by keralshobhit : 12th June 2009 at 04:22. Reason: Grammer correction (Lol)
keralshobhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 04:25   #2587
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,390
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
anyone saw the accident close to southX where a Ambassador crushed under LPG tanker and a black sedan also lying crushed ahead.
I just passed by the site stopped for a min to take a close look...Ambassador was in bad state (UP11 Taxi).I really doubt if the driver of ambassador survived.I wonder what happened to black sedan.After seeing the site,was not very keen in clicking pictures although.Hope every one survived (Optimism).
If anyone else can dare to click pics do post for others.

More over i have been going through the whole thread from last few days and it had left be shocked that i really feel sick driving now.
Where excatly in South ex ? I may be passing thru S-ex after my shift.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 04:50   #2588
BHPian
 
keralshobhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi, IN
Posts: 121
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

After Moolchand underpass and before southx flyover on the left.
keralshobhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 07:55   #2589
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 974
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Oh that was horrible! do post the details soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post
OMG, Qualis gone into flames! Plz Provide more information once you get some.
Just checked the newspaper, there is nothing in there today.
It was late at night, so probably will have something by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Was it a call center cab or a private one. Are the call center cabs in Chandigarh notorious too like in Delhi?

Do post the updates once you get them.
Cab drivers are notorious everywhere.
The registration of the vehicle was private.
But, you never know, sometime these cab walas run private cars as taxis to save on taxes.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 09:14   #2590
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Posts: 359
Thanked: 4 Times
Default


boy, now that is not an IKONic view you would get to see everyday!!
Bumblebee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 09:21   #2591
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Ouch! Thats gonna hurt.

Saw this Linea while returning from home. Brand new, Unregistered, owners inside. One between the legs I say!
@Bumblebee86: That pic is right there on the first page of this thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-image1852.jpg  


Last edited by prince_pervez : 12th June 2009 at 09:24.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 09:25   #2592
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Posts: 359
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

.....i cant imagine the mental anguish the owner might be undergoing right now!! I wonder whether he was returning from the showroom when it occured!!

@Bumblebee86: That pic is right there on the first page of this thread!
sorry prince_pervez, i didnt notice that the picture was in the first page. I am just getting used to this whole new thing of posting, so its gonna be a while for me to master the trade!!!

Last edited by Bumblebee86 : 12th June 2009 at 09:33. Reason: had to add a little more
Bumblebee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 09:38   #2593
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,716
Thanked: 1,438 Times
Default

Price pervez

Some biker rear ended that car or he himself banged a pole (very unlikely) and without number plate i hope this didnt happen as soon as they came out of showrooms after taking delivery. Hope that boot door is available as spare part as rear lights look intact but this will burn whole in the pocket again.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 09:40   #2594
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee86 View Post
sorry prince_pervez, i didnt notice that the picture was in the first page. I am just getting used to this whole new thing of posting, so its gonna be a while for me to master the trade!!!
Thats ok Bumblebee86 . Just go through the posting rules of the Forum. You wouldn't like to be infracted like I was (Check the infraction number near my avtaar.) And yes, Welcome to the Forum.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 18:33   #2595
BHPian
 
Pankaj401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 216
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Saw this Linea while returning from home. Brand new, Unregistered, owners inside. One between the legs I say!
@Bumblebee86: That pic is right there on the first page of this thread!
That's a test-drive car belonging to Concorde - Dairy Circle!
Pankaj401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks