Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:22   #3226
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default

terrible state of the scorpio. wonder at what speed this impact happened?

@ varun: i agree, with that sticker in place, i doubt how much he could actually see on the bend.

@ ss traveller: we have seen numerous sedans on this same thread being involved in shunts on highways. please dont single out SUVs.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:38   #3227
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,594
Thanked: 10,644 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ ss traveller: we have seen numerous sedans on this same thread being involved in shunts on highways. please dont single out SUVs.
Hey Raj, you haven't been keeping track of my posts, esp. the one on the "I booked my new car" thread! I have nothing against SUVs vis-a-vis sedans, but I have a thing against people who think the one is better than the other. As for me, I like driving all kinds of cars - SUVs, MUVs, sedans, hatches - and never single out any vehicle in particular. So please don't be so touchy about my earlier comment.

Saw this brand new blue Corolla Altis this afternoon, crashed out after hitting the central verge on Nelson Mandela Road in New Delhi. Broken front right suspension. No pics though, I wasn't carrying my usual cellphone.

So much for the greatness of sedans!
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:41   #3228
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hey Raj, you haven't been keeping track of my posts, esp. the one on the "I booked my new car" thread! I have nothing against SUVs vis-a-vis sedans, but I have a thing against people who think the one is better than the other. As for me, I like driving all kinds of cars - SUVs, MUVs, sedans, hatches - and never single out any vehicle in particular. So please don't be so touchy about my earlier comment.

Saw this brand new blue Corolla Altis this afternoon, crashed out after hitting the central verge on Nelson Mandela Road in New Delhi. Broken front right suspension. No pics though, I wasn't carrying my usual cellphone.

So much for the greatness of sedans!
sorry for interpreting your post wrongly buddy. i fully agree with your views made in the above post.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 11:00   #3229
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 460
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

whooah, what a crash by Scorpio, the right side of the car seems to disappear. I wonder when people will realize insane driving = calling for accident.
balajird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 11:28   #3230
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

oh what a bad sight to watch, driver side is badly bashed, seems vehicle must have lost control but the whole right side seems trashed badly.Uncontrolable speeds creates disasters like this.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 11:51   #3231
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
driven fast and misjudged the curve, ran wide on the bend, got sideswiped by a truck. Truck drove away.
I'm not sure any vehicle after doing so much damage to the Scorp can get away on its wheels.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 12:54   #3232
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,148
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I'm not sure any vehicle after doing so much damage to the Scorp can get away on its wheels.
I dont think its naturally in its position after the crash...looks like it was pushed/towed to the side.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 20:22   #3233
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Angry Rash Cab (KA registration) turns upside down in TN

hi all,

saw this on my way to Mudumalai Tiger Reserve on Aug 15th..just before the hair pin bends.
The cab was at great speed while downhill, driver could not control, hit the electric pole and turned upside down like a turtle. The cab had a couple at the back seat and the driver before the accident and a sightly injured driver and a rattled and shocked couple after the accident.
TG no one was injured seriously.
God, its time someone did something about these cabbies from Bangalore
Attached Images
   
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 20:44   #3234
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Thank God no one was injured. Saddest thing to happen on a trip.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 21:33   #3235
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default

There was an accident on the IRR today. Saw a half burnt red colored sedan turned upside down and fallen by the roadside. Anyone knows what happened there?
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 22:20   #3236
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,824
Thanked: 9,435 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
There was an accident on the IRR today. Saw a half burnt red colored sedan turned upside down and fallen by the roadside. Anyone knows what happened there?
Colleague told me a car hit an electric pole and caught fire
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 22:22   #3237
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Colleague told me a car hit an electric pole and caught fire
On IRR, it would need to climb the divider to do that!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:24   #3238
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,648
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Unhappy

Freak pile up on the road in front of Green View hospital near the Agara lake. Bike guy did some circus and hit the swift and then around 7 cars and one rickshaw came to a sudden halt.

Not a great picture but you can see the swift parked in front on the RT lane, rest of the guys have damage either on front or rear.
Attached Images
 
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:46   #3239
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 460
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Holy cow, just because of one stupid biker, 8 vehicles get damaged, he should be banned from riding & driving on roads.
balajird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:50   #3240
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Freak pile up on the road in front of Green View hospital near the Agara lake. Bike guy did some circus and hit the swift and then around 7 cars and one rickshaw came to a sudden halt.

Not a great picture but you can see the swift parked in front on the RT lane, rest of the guys have damage either on front or rear.
LOL. Hopefully they will maintain some distance from the next vehicle in future.
Btw, i cant see the swift.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks