Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 21:52   #4306
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
This guy Mittal got bail within hours of arrest . Is that all he gets for ruining the happiness of a family.

An IIT educated person like him leaving the occupants of i10 to die. Sheer shame on him.
Why are we stressing on his education, so what if he is an IITian, doesn't show from his actions.

See aaggoswami's post above, I totally agree with him.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 22:46   #4307
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Oh God, keep the education debate out of it.

Rash driving is as wrong for an uneducated driver as it is for a rocket scientist.

He obviously isn't the smartest guy around. Driving at speeds like this is maniacal!
Especially when you are driving the car for the first time.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 22:47   #4308
BHPian
 
arin_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 597
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Why people relate Education with discipline and good moral standards ? I have time and again posted that a few educational degree/qualification will not give an individual a good, high moral thinking. A few educational degrees/qualifications will not give an individual discipline.
OT :-
Education is always related to better discipline, manner, merit... Why people want there sons to be in good school/college ? Becos their parent want good education,manner ... Why IITian's are more preferred than a private college ?

Some time I feel that as we are getting more educated we are loosing some basic responsibility/civic sense in our life...
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 22:55   #4309
BHPian
 
Sudan_NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 759
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I think that this case would take very long time,as we all know the famous BMW case which took almost an decade to complete.
I saw the NDTV news and it was said that he might get only max 2 years for this accident
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 22:59   #4310
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

If it isn't commuted, two years is a pretty long time.

Imprisonment is correctional in nature and should not be used as a punishment.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 08:58   #4311
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Y'day I spotted three accidents on my 50km drive out of city. The safari was laying some 25 feet down on a field after losing control. The inter-city bus fall in love with a Maruti & had a small kiss on it. The third one was a KA-regd Innova which lost control as the driver slept & it was badly damaged by completly breaking the right side A-pillar. But couldn't snap as I was late due to the traffic jam on bus-Maruti accident spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-img_4938.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-img_4939.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-img_4940.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-img_4941.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-img_4942.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-img_4943.jpg  

hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 11:31   #4312
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RJ 14
Posts: 549
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

What type of stunt/ Circus was performed by 800 driver?? very dramatic scene!!
(Alok) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 11:45   #4313
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,967
Thanked: 1,280 Times
Default

The Audi-i10 crash is horrible. May the deceased's soul rest in peace.

German cars are hogging the news for all wrong reasons. First BMWs, and now Audi. Am yet to hear about an Accord or Camry ( capable of nearly same speeds ) crashing as a result of rash driving.

Digressing here, i10's build quality appears flimsy. Audi A6 is a sedan and not an SUV and yet it ripped open i10's body-shell like a tin can while only bonnet of Audi appears damaged. I am sure an Indica or Palio would have held much better under the same impact.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 12:07   #4314
Senior - BHPian
 
RajaTaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tenkasi, TN
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
If it isn't commuted, two years is a pretty long time.

Imprisonment is correctional in nature and should not be used as a punishment.
I am intriged by this statement!. 'not to be used as a punishment'?
Then what else it is supposed to be? If this was a bus or truck driver, he would be behind the bars for good number of years, before any decision is given.
Two years is nothing for this 'businessman', who would anyway drag the case for 20 years, before he gets some verdict.
Correctional Nature? And we must believe tht this 'rich business man' would get corrected by spending two years in jail, (that too, only if he gets convicted at all).
Do you know why accidents are least in Saudi Arabia? Its 'death' if you cause 'death', unless the next to kin gives the person 'pardon'. Thats what would detract such people from overspeeding on city roads.
We call all call ourselves educated, modern and civilized citizens of 21st century, but, like someone say "Laatoon Kaa Boot hai ham. Baathon Se Naheen Maante. Kabhee Naheen."
IMO, two years is not a punishsment at all for killing someone.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 12:28   #4315
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,083 Times
Default

The i 10 accident is horrific.
From where did the Safari land into such a hole???

Guess the Safari was out for an Elephant safari ride...
arnabchak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 12:53   #4316
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,792
Thanked: 7,117 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
German cars are hogging the news for all wrong reasons. First BMWs, and now Audi. Am yet to hear about an Accord or Camry ( capable of nearly same speeds ) crashing as a result of rash driving
135Kmph, if my conversion to 84MPH is right ( still find it easy to think in MPH), is hardly fast in absolute terms. Almost any car should be capable of this. Perhaps the test drivers of Hondas and Toyotas, let alone the Marutis and Tatas, just have more sense and responsibility?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 13:38   #4317
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,370
Thanked: 473 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The Audi-i10 crash is horrible. May the deceased's soul rest in peace.

German cars are hogging the news for all wrong reasons. First BMWs, and now Audi. Am yet to hear about an Accord or Camry ( capable of nearly same speeds ) crashing as a result of rash driving.

Digressing here, i10's build quality appears flimsy. Audi A6 is a sedan and not an SUV and yet it ripped open i10's body-shell like a tin can while only bonnet of Audi appears damaged. I am sure an Indica or Palio would have held much better under the same impact.
For one, German cars are more popular on our roads and hence we see more accidents involving them too. Its a matter of probability, nothing else. The Camry is a slow seller and the Accord doesn't manage to match up to all the Germans in our market.

Not sure about the i10 build though. I doubt if any small car will survive that kind of impact. Any data on side impact tests for these cars?
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 14:59   #4318
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,530
Thanked: 5,850 Times
Default

Took these pics near Chalukya hotel.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-img_8397.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-img_8398.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 15:22   #4319
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I am intriged by this statement!. 'not to be used as a punishment'?
Then what else it is supposed to be? If this was a bus or truck driver, he would be behind the bars for good number of years, before any decision is given.
Two years is nothing for this 'businessman', who would anyway drag the case for 20 years, before he gets some verdict.
Correctional Nature? And we must believe tht this 'rich business man' would get corrected by spending two years in jail, (that too, only if he gets convicted at all).
Do you know why accidents are least in Saudi Arabia? Its 'death' if you cause 'death', unless the next to kin gives the person 'pardon'. Thats what would detract such people from overspeeding on city roads.
We call all call ourselves educated, modern and civilized citizens of 21st century, but, like someone say "Laatoon Kaa Boot hai ham. Baathon Se Naheen Maante. Kabhee Naheen."
IMO, two years is not a punishsment at all for killing someone.
I understand what you are getting at.

But it does not change the fact that jails are correctional facilities. 2 years of someone's life spent behind the bars is IMO a big punishment. It is easy for us to sit out here and claim that 2 is too small a number... 10 would be more befitting the crime. But spending 2 years in a jail is no easy thing.
Punishments should be for repetitive criminals. People who refuse to mend their ways.

Saudi Arabia, as much as I love the place for its lack of crime, takes a very harsh view on crime. Cutting off limbs and commuting people to death for every second offense is just barbaric.

This issue is too ambiguous to have clear views on. I know our current judicial setting, gives people very few reasons to be cautious. I wish it would change and for all the culture and ethics we Indians harp on, some might descend into our driving styles.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 17:13   #4320
BHPian
 
rajtheindian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Syracuse, US
Posts: 247
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
135Kmph, if my conversion to 84MPH is right ( still find it easy to think in MPH), is hardly fast in absolute terms. Almost any car should be capable of this. Perhaps the test drivers of Hondas and Toyotas, let alone the Marutis and Tatas, just have more sense and responsibility?
IMHO 84 MPH is too fast (above legal limit) on any road except for some part of german auto bahn. The legal limit on a dual carriage way/motorway (read it as not in CITY) is 55 MPH-75 MPH (varies between US and Europe) from that perspective 84 MPH on a city road is intolerable.
rajtheindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks