Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 08:57   #4951
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Found near aakkulam bridge in NH bypass, Trivandrum. Last two weeks saw some traffic jam in this area due to one way traffic through the bridge which is undergoing maintenance.
Aakkulam bridge, and associated toll gate is a real pain. The bridge needs to be widened or another needs to be build to make it 4 lane. When will Kerala get 4 laned roads with dividers?

Hope zak is fine. Any one knows what happened?
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 10:02   #4952
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

That is not zaks car for sure, he has a alto and a mivec lancer.


Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 11:27   #4953
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 581
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Saw on some news channel that elephant crushed atleast 18 vehicles. Among them were(according to the video shown) 2-3 Indica/Indigo cs,Endeavour,couple of Amby's,santro,800 and some cv's swaraj mazda and few more...
Yes, this is True, Unfortunately one of the Indica Belongs to My colleagues Boss and the loss is in range of 2 lakhs ..with insurance paying just 35K ..

I really don,t know when these politicians ( specially from UP) will learn to behave properly ... what was the need to bring the beast into Marriage party..may be , he was showing his affiliation to his party..
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 11:59   #4954
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,536
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
That is not zaks car for sure, he has a alto and a mivec lancer.


Pramod
Thats Zak's cousin's car.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 12:21   #4955
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,566
Thanked: 360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Aakkulam bridge, and associated toll gate is a real pain. The bridge needs to be widened or another needs to be build to make it 4 lane. When will Kerala get 4 laned roads with dividers?
It is not only Aakkulam bridge, driving through the entire NH47 in Kerala is a real pain. The whole road needs to be widened and should be made 4 lane.

It's not the bridge but the toll booth is causing the traffic jams if any.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 17:55   #4956
BHPian
 
danny2599's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

hi guys this is a pic of a verna of one of friends who meet with an accident few time back.it was caused due to negligence of a truck driver who came in his way.this took place under one of the bridge that was under construction at that time at matunga.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-25122009638.jpg  

danny2599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 18:33   #4957
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,505
Thanked: 3,522 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
It is not only Aakkulam bridge, driving through the entire NH47 in Kerala is a real pain.
talking about NH47 - we had driven down to my hometown (Thrissur) last Christmas and one of the days we had gone to Cochin to visit my aunt. on the way back it got dark and believe me you, driving that stretch became perilous.

between Cochin and Thrissur there is this construction going on for a 6-lane (or 4-lane) highway. they've recently paved the road and and it's jet black. due to this at night, even with the high beams one cannot see the road because there are no markings on it! to add to this, there were 10ft (or more) deep ditches in the road without safety reflectors! by the time we reached home i had a severe headache because i had to keep my eyes peeled to watch for the road!

even in such bad conditions, there were morons driving rash on that stretch!
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 06:47   #4958
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

saw a white MM Jeep on BG road yesterday. There was also a wagon R with the bumper ripped off. Did anyone get to snap a picture of it ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 09:11   #4959
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny2599 View Post
hi guys this is a pic of a verna of one of friends who meet with an accident few time back.it was caused due to negligence of a truck driver who came in his way.this took place under one of the bridge that was under construction at that time at matunga.
This verna owner had a narrow miss then. If the truck had hit head on then it would have been serious trouble/injuries
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 09:18   #4960
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
talking about NH47 - we had driven down to my hometown (Thrissur) last Christmas and one of the days we had gone to Cochin to visit my aunt. on the way back it got dark and believe me you, driving that stretch became perilous.

between Cochin and Thrissur there is this construction going on for a 6-lane (or 4-lane) highway. they've recently paved the road and and it's jet black. due to this at night, even with the high beams one cannot see the road because there are no markings on it! to add to this, there were 10ft (or more) deep ditches in the road without safety reflectors! by the time we reached home i had a severe headache because i had to keep my eyes peeled to watch for the road!

even in such bad conditions, there were morons driving rash on that stretch!
I feel that streach is atleast ok and trichur cochin 70+ kms is doable in 1.5 hours but come further downsouth maybe towards trivandrum which has the asias biggest IT park the story is different. The distance between trivandrum cochin is 200Kms but takes 5-6 hours to travell. No infrastructure, the bypass is the busiest and its double lane with no dividers. The bridge repairs is going on for ages now. The NH 47 is even horrible, due to recent japan drinking water project all the roads are dug up.

There was this recent incedance where the entire road caved in due to bad repairs and this further led to issues.

To add to that there is a group of land lords who stage protests against getting a express highway frearing the loss of their properties, i feel public interest should be given more importance and such protesting people should be delt with.


Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:01   #4961
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,693
Thanked: 3,576 Times
Default

That verna's and red santro's front quarter fuselage has been ripped apart.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st March 2010 at 10:08.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 20:00   #4962
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 137 Times
Default

That is not Zak's car. He's fine.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 22:13   #4963
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The Linea on this page looks in bad shape. The alloys are broken, gives you the kind of impact they were subjected to. The number is also a special/VIP one
Looks like Fiat have mastered the art keeping the occupants safe. I heard of stories of the Uno & Palio, that too without ABS & Airbags. Tata vehicles are also good as well as other European manufacturers who give more importance to safety than milege. Govt. needs to force all manufacturers to give safety a priority with incentives like lower taxes for cars with more safety features.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:50   #4964
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

See this news report :Holi reveller goes berserk on Carter Road

Good photographs. Another example of the sturdiness of Matiz. Interesting to note that probably the car could be restarted after being flipped back into position !!
emkay456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:05   #4965
Senior - BHPian
 
rohanjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 683 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Looks like Fiat have mastered the art keeping the occupants safe. I heard of stories of the Uno & Palio, that too without ABS & Airbags.
Totally agree. I once had an accident in front of ITPL (Bangalore) when I was driving in the left lane because a TN-01 registered truck just wouldn't give me way on the right lane. As I accelerated to overtake him, he abruptly moved to the left (because there was a car in the right lane, trying a U turn) and hit me and dragged me along. The damage was worse than that of the Verna shown up there in that pic. The worst hit was the right front door. I still can't believe I escaped without a scratch.
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks