Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 15:30   #5266
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I am not able to locate the damage on the Indica Vista.

Are there any more pics of the Vista of the actual damage. All I see is the regular Indicab which is scrambled up quite a bit
+1 to that. I dont see any damages to the Indica Vista either. The Vista looks brand new. Maybe the member posted the comment for the Indicab by mistake.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 15:39   #5267
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

The bumper seems to have taken a small hit.
If you look closely you'll see a a small crack running vertically down from the right side of the bumper.
Here is an edited pic for reference....
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-photo0077.jpg  


Last edited by preetam_KORG : 5th April 2010 at 15:46.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 16:05   #5268
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,874
Thanked: 9,644 Times
Default

This is a small repair. A case of replacing the bumper. Minor dings happen during transport. Just visit the Honda body repair centre and you will see at least 5 new cars undergoing repair
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 16:35   #5269
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,481
Thanked: 4,073 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This is a small repair. A case of replacing the bumper. Minor dings happen during transport. Just visit the Honda body repair centre and you will see at least 5 new cars undergoing repair
Exactly. I believe this is a minor repair, unlike somebody else mentioned that it should written off by claiming insurance by the dealer. Was amused by that.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 17:43   #5270
BHPian
 
AlokSriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fremont
Posts: 482
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Exactly. I believe this is a minor repair, unlike somebody else mentioned that it should written off by claiming insurance by the dealer. Was amused by that.
Good that I was able to amuse you at my expense. Hope you had a nice time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I am not able to locate the damage on the Indica Vista.

Are there any more pics of the Vista of the actual damage. All I see is the regular Indicab which is scrambled up quite a bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
+1 to that. I dont see any damages to the Indica Vista either. The Vista looks brand new. Maybe the member posted the comment for the Indicab by mistake.
Yes sir, you are correct. I was talking about the red car which seems to have taken quite a hit. I assumed red car to be the one under consideration.

Last edited by AlokSriva : 5th April 2010 at 17:44.
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 18:12   #5271
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 464 Times
Default

Saw this gypsy near suratkal in mangalore this morning.
According to the car recovery guys, the gypsy went straight into a tipper at high speed late last night. The driver/owner passed away in the crash.
This car was delivered to the owner on the day my car was delivered to me.

Pics: Accidents in India-gyp-1.jpg

Pics: Accidents in India-gyp-2.jpg
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 20:17   #5272
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,703
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default

someone's banged up i20.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-dsc02669.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-dsc02670.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-dsc02671.jpg  

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 20:23   #5273
BHPian
 
prateekm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai & BLR
Posts: 756
Thanked: 311 Times
Default

That's a bad bang to the i20. Hope the guys inside weren't hurt.

OT : Looks like someone was too desperate to convert it into a Ritz *Kidding*

Last edited by prateekm : 5th April 2010 at 20:38.
prateekm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 20:29   #5274
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RJ 14
Posts: 551
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Saw this gypsy near suratkal in mangalore this morning.
According to the car recovery guys, the gypsy went straight into a tipper at high speed late last night. The driver/owner passed away in the crash.
This car was delivered to the owner on the day my car was delivered to me.
Horrible crash!! Gypsy do not looks very old (from the door paint & wheel rim). How people drive!!
I feel very sorry for this type of accidents.

Last edited by (Alok) : 5th April 2010 at 20:30.
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 21:00   #5275
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Saw this gypsy near suratkal in mangalore this morning.
...
This car was delivered to the owner on the day my car was delivered to me.

Attachment 322704

Attachment 322705
Sorry, but couldn't help posting this. We have had 2 green Gypsy delivered recently in Bangalore, of which only 1 was a soft top. Not able to find that persons post.

James, when did you take delivery of your car?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 21:17   #5276
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 464 Times
Default

This gypsy was Bought from Bharath Autocar in mangalore in the 1st week of DEC, 09'.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 21:27   #5277
Senior - BHPian
 
drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

The soft top Gypsy you speak of is of member Tatsago.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ypsy-king.html (Brand New Gypsy King)

And the accident Gypsy is different. The tyres are different.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 21:31   #5278
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This gypsy was Bought from Bharath Autocar in mangalore in the 1st week of DEC, 09'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
The soft top Gypsy you speak of is of member Tatsago.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ypsy-king.html (Brand New Gypsy King)

And the accident Gypsy is different. The tyres are different.

Drifter
Thanks Drifter! Was indeed searching for the photos to compare.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 21:33   #5279
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

That i20 seems to have its ICE components stolen from the rear parcel shelf. Too many days like this and the chic alloys will be done away too. Any idea how this happened ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 21:55   #5280
BHPian
 
MARCUS_520i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 522
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Pity the i20 fellow. He's probably been sandwiched between a medium sized car at the front and a Minivan/Jeep/SUV at the rear.
MARCUS_520i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks