Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 10:13   #5281
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This is a small repair. A case of replacing the bumper. Minor dings happen during transport. Just visit the Honda body repair centre and you will see at least 5 new cars undergoing repair
You are right, this may be a small damage. But there were quite a few punto's lying inside the body shop which were brand new (yet to be delivered) and had major damages to radiator, broken head lamp and some dent too. Sorry, could no take pics of these. But i still believe a lill care while the car is being transported would avoid such damages.
gurudutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 10:40   #5282
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2010 at 18:12.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2010, 12:52   #5283
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default Speeding BMW kills elderly man in Delhi

Excerpts from PTI news


New Delhi, April 8 : A speeding BMW driver ran over a 62-year-old morning walker near the Akshardham temple in East Delhi this morning.

Om Dutt Chauhan was taking a walk near the Akshardham chowk when the BMW, which was trying to overtake a bike, hit him, killing him, police said. The accident took place near the house of the deceased.

The car overturned due to the impact. Three occupants of the car have been detained, they said.

The nephew of the deceased Sandeep Chauhan alleged that his uncle was not immediately taken to hospital.

"Police took the BMW occupants to police station first and then took my uncle to hospital. If they had taken prompt action, my uncle would have been saved," he claimed.

Police has denied the allegations.


BMWs cause more accidents in Delhi than any other premium car (s).

But look at the foolishness of the Policemen who only took the accused in custody & left the old man to die on road.

BTW, this accident happened at 0630 hours today & caused massive traffic jams in the morning for office goers plying to Noida or travelling on the road. Even I reached my office late by an hour.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 13:27   #5284
BHPian
 
veyron-w16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Excerpts from PTI news


New Delhi, April 8 : A speeding BMW driver ran over a 62-year-old morning walker near the Akshardham temple in East Delhi this morning.

Om Dutt Chauhan was taking a walk near the Akshardham chowk when the BMW, which was trying to overtake a bike, hit him, killing him, police said. The accident took place near the house of the deceased.

The car overturned due to the impact. Three occupants of the car have been detained, they said.

The nephew of the deceased Sandeep Chauhan alleged that his uncle was not immediately taken to hospital.

"Police took the BMW occupants to police station first and then took my uncle to hospital. If they had taken prompt action, my uncle would have been saved," he claimed.

Police has denied the allegations.

BMWs cause more accidents in Delhi than any other premium car (s).

But look at the foolishness of the Policemen who only took the accused in custody & left the old man to die on road.

BTW, this accident happened at 0630 hours today & caused massive traffic jams in the morning for office goers plying to Noida or travelling on the road. Even I reached my office late by an hour.
there was massive jam, it took us almost 1.25 hrs to cross this streach. attached are some of the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-08042010192.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-08042010189.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-08042010188.jpg  

veyron-w16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 16:44   #5285
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

The BMW involved was a 3 series, Donno why its always a BMW when it comes to Delhi.
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 18:53   #5286
BHPian
 
AlokSriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fremont
Posts: 482
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
The BMW involved was a 3 series, Donno why its always a BMW when it comes to Delhi.
Good road infrastructure, moolah and connections - a deadly combination often resulting in accident/road rage!
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 19:46   #5287
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Good road infrastructure, moolah and connections - a deadly combination often resulting in accident/road rage!
Sorry brother...no offence, but why is it that only the car driver is always to be blamed?
The car may have been doing only 40, and the old man might have come in between without seeing.
Even if the car was doing 140, the old man is at fault.
The old man should have judged that the car is coming pretty fast.
No offence to anyone, may his soul rest in peace!
Let the truth be told, then we can decide.
Till then, I'd stand my ground.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 19:50   #5288
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

^Exactly. Its the same tendency that we see on the roads. The bigger vehicle is always at fault. Let's wait for details to emerge.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 19:54   #5289
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 530
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

i dont know why BMW is always criticized by the media, (may be after the nanda bmw incident)
if any other car (import) like skoda, toyota met with accidents, media would say "car accident, guy/gal killed" if the car is a BMW, media would say "BMW killed guy/gal". i mean the car is not the reason, its the person who is behind the wheels, or other than the car is like "tarzan" remember the movie, the car itself kills the dushmans.

lol..stupid.

Last edited by nick17s : 8th April 2010 at 19:59.
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 20:02   #5290
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RJ 14
Posts: 552
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Sorry brother...no offence, but why is it that only the car driver is always to be blamed?
The car may have been doing only 40, and the old man might have come in between without seeing.
Even if the car was doing 140, the old man is at fault.
The old man should have judged that the car is coming pretty fast.
No offence to anyone, may his soul rest in peace!
Let the truth be told, then we can decide.
Till then, I'd stand my ground.


+

Many people challenge the big vehicle by their behavior (not careless but intended). One can notice this tendency in villagers mostly. When they come to city, they do not leave their villager mentality. Why I should break/ stop? He will stop!! And then finally god interferes.
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 20:09   #5291
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
^Exactly. Its the same tendency that we see on the roads. The bigger vehicle is always at fault. Let's wait for details to emerge.
OT:
Absolutely amazing tagline!


Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post


+1

Many people challenge the big vehicle by their behavior (not careless but intended). One can notice this tendency in villagers mostly. When they come to city, they do not leave their villager mentality. Why I should break/ stop? He will stop!! And then finally god interferes.
Very well said brother!
Lets not go OT here, let us wait for the details to surface first, then we can make "doodh ka doodh, aur paani ka paani"
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 20:52   #5292
BHPian
 
setuniket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida|Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Crossed Akshardham flyover at around 0905 hrs, minor traffic jam greeted as all drivers were looking below trying to understand what has happened. Got no idea as I was late to college, smsed home and TV news told informed about the accident.

The speedo needle was stuck at 70 and the automobile expert claimed the speed to be above 140 when the crash happened.

What I fail to understand how people and police react to such situations, there were hoards of people as if it was an exhibition, car, bikes, cycles everyone parked as per there convenience and blissfully watching a crashed BMW. Nizammudin Bridge was closed from Noida mor side causing trouble, a friend missed his sessional exams because people were busy looking at the tamasha from far away causing major traffic jams in all the roads around.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 22:16   #5293
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Even if the car was doing 140, the old man is at fault.
The old man should have judged that the car is coming pretty fast.
Are you serious?

Speeding car at 140 need to be given way by all others because otherwise they will be killed? Maharaja on road?

What is speed limit on this road? 140 KMPH?

BTW did some one check whether the driver was drunk? Is that the reason why the occupants of BMW were whisked away by police? I wonder how much money was exchanged in this 'operation'.

Source of image - The Hindu (The Hindu : Cities / Delhi : Speeding BMW kills elderly man in Delhi)

Name:  102.jpg
Views: 8877
Size:  36.5 KB
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 22:34   #5294
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Even if the car was doing 140, the old man is at fault.
The old man should have judged that the car is coming pretty fast.
Probably you missed the eyewitness account by a school boy, who narrated entire episode in detail with vehicle nos, according to him BMW was speeding and had hit a bike first attempting an overtake and overturned and finally landed up on old man attending nature's call by roadside.When PCR came to the spot they rushed towards the occupants of mangled BMW who were still in better shape, leaving the poor old fellow who had severe leg injuries....
Now can you explain how the old chap was at fault( leave that natures call part) ?

Last edited by agspins : 8th April 2010 at 22:35.
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 22:35   #5295
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,173
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
BTW did some one check whether the driver was drunk? Is that the reason why the occupants of BMW were whisked away by police? I wonder how much money was exchanged in this 'operation'.

Source of image - The Hindu (The Hindu : Cities / Delhi : Speeding BMW kills elderly man in Delhi)
Doubt: Do BMW's have a feature where the speedo needle reduces to half of the actual speed during a collision?

The damage seen on the BMW cannot be just because of hitting a human. It seems more like the damage was caused by trying not-to-hit and hitting a wall/divider/whatever!

OT: Why does the media always have to bring in 'BMW'? Why don't we see Hyundai, Maruti, Honda, Tata, etc in similar news! Bias?
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks