Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 22:02   #6841
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Hope that the Hyundai is not patched up and sold to some one
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 22:06   #6842
Senior - BHPian
 
foby.sebastian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: KL-08 / KL-01
Posts: 2,448
Thanked: 1,102 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Hope that the Hyundai is not patched up and sold to some one
that will happen for sure , after all its popular hyundai , yesterday the car was at kazakoottam police station and by eve it was moved out to the service station
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 22:11   #6843
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bokaro Steel
Posts: 245
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

this was clicked by my father on his trip to sikkim/darjelling visit

missed photos in last post
Attached Images
  

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th September 2010 at 02:35. Reason: Back to back posts in less than 20 minutes.
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 14:46   #6844
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 534 Times
Default VW Polos

Saw these Tdi Polos at VW service station.

Pics: Accidents in India-image010.jpg

Pics: Accidents in India-image011.jpg


Just a single steel front cross. Headlight support Assembly made of plastic as it is in all new cars to cater to stringent padestrian safety norms. Damages certainly are going to be big even in case of slow speed crashes.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd October 2010 at 14:52.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 16:24   #6845
BHPian
 
kartikoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 38
Thanked: 11 Times
Default bavdhan-pune

Did anyone catch the accident pics of the one that happened around 3:00 P.M in bavdhan-pune.
White Merc (not sure), Red Manza, Black Pulsar (Separated into two parts from the front), Grey Activa.
I think all are alive, I took one to hospital- where his frnd had already been brought in, saw the guy(s) on the pulsar being taken in a ambulance. Pretty sure the Manza was at the wrong place - wrong time, guess he had no doing on what happened. People say it was the Merc, so feels the guy I took to hospital. But no one really knows.

Thank God, All Izz Well. But my home stretch sees at least one serious accident every week.
kartikoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 18:41   #6846
BHPian
 
dr.faramroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Valsad/Mumbai
Posts: 156
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

@Gaurav, what a splendid automobile engineering fact you revealed! I would be more than happy to know more about front reinforcement of car manufacturing process. Isnt it a sad story about VW India, even I have seen some VW accidents recently.
dr.faramroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 19:29   #6847
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,429
Thanked: 3,986 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^ The Hyundai has taken quite a beating for an Auto. I hope it did not brush something else on the way.
This is the n'th time I'm seeing an i10 with surprisingly high damage ratio, when compared to the impact. In this case, I guess the damages are justifiable.

My friend once hit a dog at about 60km/hr and ended up replacing his bumper, bonnet, RHS Headlight and some major 'internal parts'.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...limsy-car.html (Pedestrian safety norms leads to a very FLIMSY car.)- This may be the reason.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 09:13   #6848
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 516
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
I took one to hospital
Good job kartikoak!!
Appreciate your kindness to help a victim - instead of just passing-by.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 18:01   #6849
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bokaro Steel
Posts: 245
Thanked: 36 Times
Default it was my bad day

Had gone to celebrate my birthday at a resort 15kms away with my and another family and 2 small kids; coming back at 10 PM it's all dark and jungle area, I was on a bridge doing 70-80 kmph when a black Scorpio overtook me at 100kmph, and just after over talking he applied brakes strongly. I also applied brakes but still went into his back bumper, fortunately for me he had a rear bull bar or crash bar and my car crasheddddddddd into it. He didn't even come out to look at damages and just ran away. I had no choice but to continue with my journey as I had family travelling with me

If u see photos, my bumper was mangled but the headlights were saved, bent cross member and bent condenser, fogs were also saved, gave car today for repairs. The supervisor asked to 15 days. Paid the mechanic, should get the car tomorrow evening or max. the day after.

Had there been no crash guard on Scorpio, I would have ended with more damage as then my head lights would have also been broken and I would have smashed into his tail gate. So, the damages were limited on lower side around the upper side of bumper.

As for applying brakes a tractor had suddenly turned on highway in front of Scorpio. I dont blame him 100% but he was going faster than what he should been

Pics for you..

Forgot to mention it was my birthday..
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-dscn2937.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-dscn2938.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-dscn2939.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-dscn2940.jpg  


Last edited by Amartya : 4th October 2010 at 23:46. Reason: Edited the post to remove some 'dots' and corrected a few SMSey words.
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 19:03   #6850
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,698
Thanked: 6,875 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
gone to celebrate my birthday at a resort 15kms away with my and another family and 2 small kids, coming back at 10 PM it.s all dark and jungle area, i was on a bridge doind 70-80 kms when a black scorpio over took me at 100kmph and just after over talking he applied brakes strongly.... ... ... as for applying brakes a tractor had suddenly turned on highway in front of scorpio..i dont blame him 100% but he was going faster then what he should been
Not a good birthday present. It is tough to apportion blame, although I would say that probably he should not have cut in so close in front of you.

Looking on the bright side, even though you were going much slower, maybe you might have hit the tractor if the Scorpio hadn't been there.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 19:57   #6851
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bokaro Steel
Posts: 245
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not a good birthday present. It is tough to apportion blame, although I would say that probably he should not have cut in so close in front of you.

Looking on the bright side, even though you were going much slower, maybe you might have hit the tractor if the Scorpio hadn't been there.
Agreed Thad. but the way he swinged in front of me and then dhashed off fter i crashed into him makes me doubt if he was intoxicated.......or got too afraid to even come out and check

i would have thrashed tractor driver siding with scorpio owner
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 21:16   #6852
BHPian
 
KMohanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kochi
Posts: 292
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Be careful...

When you travel with ladies etc in night, I heard about such intentionally created incidents to force the driver stop the car and move out of the car.
You have to be very careful. Suppose the scorpio driver stopped and you engage into an argument with him..... You are out of the car... kids and ladies are in your car... place is remote and no one nearby... You may feel all these
are only imaginary ! But, friends, nowadays such things do happen. Otherwise,
such a scorpio coming so fast, overtaking and suddenly applying brake so as to make you hit, and run away... looks unnatural.

Seeing the damage, the service centre will cooly take more than 30K from the insurance company, nearly 10K from you.

Even with all that, I feel, it was good that you did not stop there with your family and kids... You may call me a coward. But, unless one witnesses such
situations, we will not believe.
KMohanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 22:50   #6853
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bokaro Steel
Posts: 245
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
When you travel with ladies etc in night, I heard about such intentionally created incidents to force the driver stop the car and move out of the car. You have to be very careful. Suppose the scorpio driver stopped and you engage into an argument with him..... You are out of the car... kids and ladies are in your car... place is remote and no one nearby... You may feel all these
are only imaginary ! But, friends, nowadays such things do happen. Otherwise,
such a scorpio coming so fast, overtaking and suddenly applying brake so as to make you hit, and run away... looks unnatural.

Seeing the damage, the service centre will cooly take more than 30K from the insurance company, nearly 10K from you.

Even with all that, I feel, it was good that you did not stop there with your family and kids... You may call me a coward. But, unless one witnesses such
situations, we will not believe.
Yes kMohanan i would have not stopped what ever may the reason be. I was along the way from Dhanbad to Bokaro about 5 kms from Bokaro steel city. The reason for Scorpio applying brakes was that there was a vehicle coming from another direction, I think he misjudged that he would over take tractor trolly but then suddenly realized that he could not and slammed brakes behind or might be that tractor came from nowhere. Frankly I have been driving for last 15 - 16 and yes I normally observe whats going on in front of vehicle I am following but my view was restricted by Scorpio so i cannot say tractor was present before or it came from side, I only noticed it when he slammed brakes that there was some thing ahead.

As for the repair cost, I haven't got estimate but things being replaced are

bumper approx 1500 rs
condenser (was slightly bent but not leaked)
1 plastic part
paint
bonnet denting and painting
denting of cross bar (slightly curved)

I would have to bear half of plastic part cost i think i should be paying around 1000-1500 rs only and as car was 2 month old else would be from insurance. Will post bill details when I get my car.

On a surprising note, there was no cross bar across bumper in either my car or the Wagon R behind the bumper where as it was present even in A star, swift, had there been a bar across the bumper there would have been very very less damage to bumper.

I have not been able to take photos with bumper removed but tried to show the metal bars present in my car and wagon R in red , where as metal bar present in A Star and Swift in another photo (green). This means that even with a small impact the bumper will give away.

If you notice the scratch just near the fog lights, that's the metal chassis part and between this other cars have a cross bar.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by Amartya : 4th October 2010 at 23:54. Reason: Back to back posts within 20 minutes
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 07:04   #6854
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Presenting the mangled heap of what once was a Honda City ZX EXI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
This City was in the news a few days back. Apparently an AGM of some company was too high(on alcohol) to realise that he had parked is car bang in the middle of a railway track (got to it via a unmanned railway crossing). Luckily he stepped out in time to avoid being crushed by an oncoming train. Now he has been slapped with cases from Railway and Local police. This happened somewhere in NCR or was it Meerut? Am not sure. Cheers, Sid
Here's the news article

Drunk man arrested for parking car on rail track - The Times of India
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 21:15   #6855
BHPian
 
KMohanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kochi
Posts: 292
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Yes kMohanan i would have not stopped what ever may the reason be. I was along the way from Dhanbad to Bokaro about 5 kms from Bokaro steel city. The reason for Scorpio applying brakes was that there was a vehicle coming from another direction, I think he misjudged that he would over take tractor trolly but then suddenly realized that he could not and slammed brakes behind or might be that tractor came from nowhere. Frankly I have been driving for last 15 - 16 and yes I normally observe whats going on in front of vehicle I am following but my view was restricted by Scorpio so i cannot say tractor was present before or it came from side, I only noticed it when he slammed brakes that there was some thing ahead.

As for the repair cost, I haven't got estimate but things being replaced are

bumper approx 1500 rs
condenser (was slightly bent but not leaked)
1 plastic part
paint
bonnet denting and painting
denting of cross bar (slightly curved)

I would have to bear half of plastic part cost i think i should be paying around 1000-1500 rs only and as car was 2 month old else would be from insurance. Will post bill details when I get my car.

On a surprising note, there was no cross bar across bumper in either my car or the Wagon R behind the bumper where as it was present even in A star, swift, had there been a bar across the bumper there would have been very very less damage to bumper.

I have not been able to take photos with bumper removed but tried to show the metal bars present in my car and wagon R in red , where as metal bar present in A Star and Swift in another photo (green). This means that even with a small impact the bumper will give away.

If you notice the scratch just near the fog lights, that's the metal chassis part and between this other cars have a cross bar.
My nephew's maruti 800 met with a small accident. It was raining. The vehicle in front suddenly stopped, don't know what is the reason. Even though he tried to stop the maruti 800, it slipped and had a mild hit on the back of the other vehicle. One headlight was broken and the bonnet had a bent : these were the only visible things. Authorised workshop's estimated expense from owner was Rs. 8000, after claiming insurance (comprehensive). They found damage to inner and inner parts also. We discussed and finally agreed and got it repaired. They have done a good job. But at the time of payment, I insisted on the bill to insurance company. They were not very happy to give, but finally gave sensing my RTI possibility. It was above 25,000 !! So, seemingly simple things can cost more... much more than maruti 800, in your case.
KMohanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks