Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 21:16   #8251
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,296
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Happened in the Tripunithura Poothotta road today morning. The bus has hit a bike which is lying near the front left wheel of the KSRTC bus. The bike is not seen in the pic because of my clicking acumen. (clicked in mobile while waiting to pass)

Fate of the biker is not known. Hope he/they is/are not seriously injured.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-bus-bike.jpg  

rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 09:14   #8252
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,638
Thanked: 2,816 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Live accident spotted today morning, rather a funny incident.

Heavily modded optra tried to take a fast U turn at a busy junction. Thought he would stop since a KSRTC bus was speeding. He didnt stop and took the U turn. BANG! The bus banged right into the car. The car's left headlight and the bumper was broken. Although the car's owner tried his luck he was badly abused by the bus driver. The bus driver abused the driver and left the scene. The bus just had a small scratch. I passed the car only to see the driver staring at the damages.

Sorry no pics. It was a busy junction. This car definitely definitely qualifies for the W&W thread. Silver Optra with red doors and one huge roof scoop.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 09:33   #8253
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,084
Thanked: 3,742 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Live accident spotted today morning, rather a funny incident.

Heavily modded optra tried to take a fast U turn at a busy junction. Thought he would stop since a KSRTC bus was speeding. He didnt stop and took the U turn. BANG! The bus banged right into the car.
Pretty thoughtless & lunatic driver I must say. The bus had the right of way & the Optra driver should have held back. Needless to say poor chap had to pay the price.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 09:36   #8254
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,638
Thanked: 2,816 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Pretty thoughtless & lunatic driver I must say. The bus had the right of way & the Optra driver should have held back. Needless to say poor chap had to pay the price.
True. Because of this, the traffic was held up for 10 min at this busy junction (the same junction where the famous bus accident happened few days back). One hard feeling for the driver I agree, after seeing his modded car in this state.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 09:43   #8255
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,084
Thanked: 3,742 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
True. Because of this, the traffic was held up for 10 min at this busy junction (the same junction where the famous bus accident happened few days back). One hard feeling for the driver I agree, after seeing his modded car in this state.
Are you referring to the earlier accident, where in one KL city bus tried to overtake other 2 in front from the left side & in doing so ran over the poor pedestrian who was waiting by the road side & further rammed into the house/shops along with him?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 10:04   #8256
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,638
Thanked: 2,816 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Are you referring to the earlier accident, where in one KL city bus tried to overtake other 2 in front from the left side & in doing so ran over the poor pedestrian who was waiting by the road side & further rammed into the house/shops along with him?
Yes, the same place. That junction is currently under a lot of confusions since they have closed one lane for repairs. A lot can be expected here in the future.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 11:13   #8257
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,245 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

cold air intake?
I'll give you cold air intake.


to be fair, though, he was carrying the bonnet lid in the rear.
fresh accident, it seemed.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-dsc07989.jpg  

mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 19:40   #8258
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 17
Thanked: 3 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Came across this TELESCOPIC LORRY from the pic dump in my PC. I had seen this on Deccan Herald very long back and had saved it just for the rarity of such a picture along with its details in a text file.

The comment on the picture ran as below.

Lorry cannot fly in air...!
A lorry carrying wooden logs got telescoped as the driver lost the control over the truck, on the way to Jayanagar village, near Shikaripur, on Thursday.
DH Friday June 8 2007
Attached Images
 
fantaboyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 23:10   #8259
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

I had a harrowing accident today - was coasting along a narrow stretch of the road behind a goods carrier (don't remember which make now, but the size of Ace) in 2nd gear when a guy with on a fully loaded (with goods) moped overtook me, then started came between the goods thing and me, then coasted along, and then swerved in my path and braked

My mind just froze as this guy came very fast towards me and I hit him from my front left bumper - Hands, feet all frozen with confusing brain signals (I didin't swerve, I didn't brake, though I thought I was braking I was slamming the clutch and the throttle) as the car first hit him then kept going.


Fortunately the speed wasn't much, between 15 and 20kmph, and the guy was hit from the left - he fell off farther left and the goods on his moped pushed the moped also away from the car's path. It had rained yesterday so he fell in the mud - two scratches on the ankle is all he got.

I was of course so shaken that next I almost slammed on to a boulder on the road, Later, after talking to the guy, giving him my first aid kit etc. I waited there 20 min before getting in the car again, have been driving in 1st and 2nd gear only since then.


I guess providence sent a lesson to me today to be extra extra extra careful.
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 23:17   #8260
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 89
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I had a harrowing accident today - was coasting along a narrow stretch of the road behind a goods carrier (don't remember which make now, but the size of Ace) in 2nd gear when a guy with on a fully loaded (with goods) moped overtook me, then started came between the goods thing and me, then coasted along, and then swerved in my path and braked

My mind just froze as this guy came very fast towards me and I hit him from my front left bumper - Hands, feet all frozen with confusing brain signals (I didin't swerve, I didn't brake, though I thought I was braking I was slamming the clutch and the throttle) as the car first hit him then kept going.


Fortunately the speed wasn't much, between 15 and 20kmph, and the guy was hit from the left - he fell off farther left and the goods on his moped pushed the moped also away from the car's path. It had rained yesterday so he fell in the mud - two scratches on the ankle is all he got.

I was of course so shaken that next I almost slammed on to a boulder on the road, Later, after talking to the guy, giving him my first aid kit etc. I waited there 20 min before getting in the car again, have been driving in 1st and 2nd gear only since then.


I guess providence sent a lesson to me today to be extra extra extra careful.
Good that the guy was not hurt badly and all is well. Get your ride fixed and I am sure you would be driving with a lot more concentration especially around 2 wheelers. Such concentration lapse are pretty common given how tiring it is to drive in Indian cities and there are a lot variables to handle.
vivek.ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 09:50   #8261
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,296
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I had a harrowing accident today - was coasting along a narrow stretch of the road behind a goods carrier (don't remember which make now, but the size of Ace) in 2nd gear when a guy with on a fully loaded (with goods) moped overtook me, then started came between the goods thing and me, then coasted along, and then swerved in my path and braked

My mind just froze as this guy came very fast towards me and I hit him from my front left bumper - Hands, feet all frozen with confusing brain signals (I didin't swerve, I didn't brake, though I thought I was braking I was slamming the clutch and the throttle) as the car first hit him then kept going.
Fortunately the speed wasn't much, between 15 and 20kmph, and the guy was hit from the left - he fell off farther left and the goods on his moped pushed the moped also away from the car's path. It had rained yesterday so he fell in the mud - two scratches on the ankle is all he got.
I guess providence sent a lesson to me today to be extra extra extra careful.
I remember reading in the Book Of The Vespa that quote If an inconsiderate idiot barges into your braking distance do drop back. Ypu can not prove a point by ramming into his back. unquote

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th May 2011 at 09:52.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 14:09   #8262
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ghaziabad/Hyderabad/Mysore
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I remember reading in the Book Of The Vespa that quote If an inconsiderate idiot barges into your braking distance do drop back. Ypu can not prove a point by ramming into his back. unquote

I usually do that, but yesterday it all happened so fast and something was distracting me (potholes, some other guys trying a dangerous overtake maneuver - a lot of things).

Anyway, it was mostly my fault. This time nothing much happened, I hope I don't do it again.
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 16:35   #8263
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Looks like a case of Tyre burst IMO. See the front left tyre.
New gen Scorpio's come with tubeless tyres. The tire could have been damaged as part of the accident too.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 16:42   #8264
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,134
Thanked: 351 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I usually do that, but yesterday it all happened so fast and something was distracting me (potholes, some other guys trying a dangerous overtake maneuver - a lot of things).

Anyway, it was mostly my fault. This time nothing much happened, I hope I don't do it again.
Sorry? It was your fault? How? That 2 wheeler barges in between the safety distance you had been keeping and jams his brakes. OK, I guess you didn't slam your brakes was your fault but it is still not mostly your fault. I guess you are still quite scared so owning up to it even though you didn't need to. I hope you didn't pay him for the damages due to your unnecessary guilt.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 16:50   #8265
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 192
Thanked: 199 Times
Default One truck-many down

This happened a couple of minutes (10 mins) before we arrived at the spot.Was driving back from Kerala and at around 10AM last 2 weeks back we saw this. The notorious Toppur ĖNH7 (Dharmapuri) steep descend and road humps was a scene of a pile up.


The trailer carrying a Barge had failed brakes and the driver was making his best by driving on the median to slow down and prevent hitting someone. He unfortunately hit a truck 1 >>that in turn hit a bus 2 >>>> another truck with battery plates 3 >>and a Maruti 4>> got stuck in between. Finally he scooped up a Swift 5>> to the opposite side and run up the median himself in an attempt to stop the carnage. So five in total.


The tractor driver obviously ran away from the scene and we got to speak to the cleaner who gave us the story. The cops and ambulance arrived and you can see the occupants of the 800 (lady near the ambulance) and the driver getting first aid. Godís grace no one died in the accident but certainly lots of cuts and bruises + tons of heart break and psychological issues to deal with.

Again all this is from one single accident with no loss of life. God is great.

Miyer
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Accidents in India-photo0504optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0503optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0501optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0499optimized1.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0496optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0495optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0492optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0491optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0489optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-photo0485optimized.jpg  

Pics: Accidents in India-1..jpg  


Last edited by Miyer : 29th May 2011 at 16:55. Reason: More Images
Miyer is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks