Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 23:04   #13336
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 545
Thanked: 455 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

This happened this evening in Mangalore. Unfortunately the guy riding didn't survive. :( RIP bugger! You will be missed!!
Pics: Accidents in India-king.jpg

EDIT: Heres a news article on the same!
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176268

Last edited by james : 9th June 2013 at 23:05.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 00:14   #13337
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,018
Thanked: 4,203 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This happened this evening in Mangalore. Unfortunately the guy riding didn't survive.]
Was he wearing a helmet? From what I read in the comments, the rider flew and landed on the pavement. I think he could have been saved if a proper protective helmet was used. Given the achivement of the person, its really sad to hear such a thing happened to him. RIP.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 00:34   #13338
BHPian
 
BLACKRiVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 59
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Was he wearing a helmet? From what I read in the comments, the rider flew and landed on the pavement. I think he could have been saved if a proper protective helmet was used. Given the achivement of the person, its really sad to hear such a thing happened to him. RIP.
I can see ls2 in the pic, so probably he was wearing.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 01:56   #13339
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 625
Thanked: 399 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
I can see ls2 in the pic, so probably he was wearing.
Yes the helmet's behind the front wheel but it is very unlikely for it to land there if the rider was wearing it when the accident occurred.
I suspect it must have been resting on the handle bar or must have been held through the rider's fore-arm.

Always sad to hear anyone's demise caused by a road accident.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 09:54   #13340
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 545
Thanked: 455 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

From witness accounts, he was riding fast and got spooked by a car that came onto the road from a bylane and suddenly stopped. He tried braking, lost the front end and fell off. He flew across the road and got lodged in the front of the indica while the bike went straight into the divider and broke.

I believe he was wearing that helmet. The bike was moved closer to the divider and the helmet was chucked there as well.

EDIT: Witness= my friend and her husband who were in the car right behind the bike when this happened.
james is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 11:19   #13341
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 9,259 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
ii) if the truck itself was moving on the wrong side to get to the nearest U turn so that it can join the opposite lane. Whatever it is, the bus driver and a passenger lost their lives for no fault of theirs (most probably).
The section is 4 laned till Bellur cross. Further to that all the way till Hassan 4 lane work is in progress but most of the places its completely done.

Now, there are a few sections where there is no signage to divert traffic to the opposite lane and it so happens that you will spot traffic flowing in both directions on both the corridors (specially after Haveri till Channarayapatna). This is perhaps the biggest reason as for now for head-on collisions on this stretch.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 11:57   #13342
BHPian
 
PapaBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KOL-DEL-LKO
Posts: 377
Thanked: 1,167 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This happened this evening in Mangalore. Unfortunately the guy riding didn't survive. :( RIP bugger! You will be missed!!
Attachment 1094545
Not able to make out which bike is it. Any clues ??

RIP the soul.

EDIT : Just got to know that its a Suzuki B-King. As reported in the link.

Last edited by PapaBravo : 10th June 2013 at 11:59. Reason: Mentioned
PapaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 12:00   #13343
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,247 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Yes the helmet's behind the front wheel but it is very unlikely for it to land there if the rider was wearing it when the accident occurred.
I suspect it must have been resting on the handle bar or must have been held through the rider's fore-arm.

Always sad to hear anyone's demise caused by a road accident.

-Bhargav
More likely it has been placed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Not able to make out which bike is it. Any clues ??

RIP the soul.

EDIT : Just got to know that its a Suzuki B-King. As reported in the link.
B-king, wasnt it?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 12:10   #13344
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,018
Thanked: 4,203 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Yes the helmet's behind the front wheel but it is very unlikely for it to land there if the rider was wearing it when the accident occurred.
I suspect it must have been resting on the handle bar or must have been held through the rider's fore-arm.
Same here. If the person was wearing the helmet, it would have been damaged as well. But the helmet looks clean. Moreover, how good are these cap kinda helmets when it comes to protecting the user? Full face helmets are far better I feel. At least the rider could be void of head injuries of any sort and he could have lived.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 15:12   #13345
BHPian
 
skanchan95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mangalore KA-19
Posts: 677
Thanked: 713 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This happened this evening in Mangalore. Unfortunately the guy riding didn't survive. :( RIP bugger! You will be missed!!
Attachment 1094545

EDIT: Heres a news article on the same!
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176268
As per today's Udayavani, he had already sold this bike, but he wanted one last ride on it. Unfortunately for him, this turned out to be his last ride. RIP.

One youngster behind the wheel of an Etios Liva lost his life:
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176240

Last edited by skanchan95 : 10th June 2013 at 15:14.
skanchan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 16:19   #13346
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 545
Thanked: 455 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If the person was wearing the helmet, it would have been damaged as well. But the helmet looks clean.
Look closely! the jaw portion of the helmet has cracked along with the visor. Again, i repeat, he WAS wearing the helmet when he went down!

The cap helmets are utter rubbish when it comes to protection. That helmet landed there and we do not know whose it is!

Cheers!
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 16:39   #13347
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,018
Thanked: 4,203 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

I didn't notice the LS2 hidden behind the forks. Hence I thought he was using the cap type helmet. Still a bad thing to happen to a 28 year old.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 17:53   #13348
BHPian
 
pratyush6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RNC - BLR
Posts: 471
Thanked: 498 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
As per today's Udayavani, he had already sold this bike, but he wanted one last ride on it. Unfortunately for him, this turned out to be his last ride. RIP.

One youngster behind the wheel of an Etios Liva lost his life:
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176240
In both the cases it looks like the speeds were crazy. Look at the damage to the car front in the first case. I bet the speeds were in excess of atleast 100kmph. When would people learn to respect their life and other lives on the road?

It not that I have not had an accident, but what it taught you was to always no matter what the state of the road, the traffic, the policing - always drive safe. It not only your life at stake, their are innocent people on the raod and no one has even an iota of the right to take their lives in his hand.

You want to drive like crazy, go find yourself a race track.

May their souls rest in peace. Such promising lives lost.
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 08:32   #13349
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,147
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

I was driving back from Coorg last evening and there was a terrible accident on Mysore road between Ramnagara and Bidadi. A bus was halfway in the fields and half on the road and it had hit another vehicle which was mangled beyond recognition. Maybe a TT. I have a feeling the bus jumped the divider and hit the vehicle on the other side. The place was packed with cops and bystanders. Any news on this one?
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 08:38   #13350
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
In both the cases it looks like the speeds were crazy. Look at the damage to the car front in the first case. I bet the speeds were in excess of atleast 100kmph. When would people learn to respect their life and other lives on the road?

It not that I have not had an accident, but what it taught you was to always no matter what the state of the road, the traffic, the policing - always drive safe. It not only your life at stake, their are innocent people on the raod and no one has even an iota of the right to take their lives in his hand.

You want to drive like crazy, go find yourself a race track.

May their souls rest in peace. Such promising lives lost.
Are you a psychic or did you just make all of that up?

The indica was also at fault as per an eyewitness accounted posted above yours. Please don't speculate over the internet.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks