Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th October 2011, 16:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bo

That's a shocking incident of vandalism! As someone said, this could've even caused fire if the burning cracker found its way on to the seat/carpet inside the car. Shocking and sad.

I must tell you that I washed my car this diwali morning and covered it noon onwards just because I was afraid that a firecracker might find its way towards the car and damage the paint. But I never thought that people would deliberately do something as bad as this. Sorry about this Sid.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 17:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bo

Looks like case of destructive minds of pranksters at play. Same ones who tie crackers and tin can at end of dog tails.
Poor parenting to be blamed here.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 17:12   #18
BHPian

I think this looks like the work of vandals rather than the bomb doing the destruction. I also agree with Navan that the smog in Chennai was so much that it was difficult to drive as one could not see beyond the end of one's bonnet and switching on the fog lamps saw the light getting reflected back nothing else, it was that thick. Here's a pic of the smog taken just from the gate of my residence in Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Diwali destruction: ORVMs and driver's side window shattered by exploding atom bombs-img_0114-copy.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 17:36   #19
BHPian

Work of hooligans. As you mentioned , it looks more like an intentional act rather than just a prank. Sad.
SwiftSD is offline   Reply With Quote