Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 14th December 2011, 12:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: If you follow traffic rules in Bangalore ,you end up like this !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This is really sad and surprising at the same time. Any reason you did not go and file an FIR against the Alto. Nothing like this has ever happened to me personally but i am sure there needs to be some way out.

This cannot keep going like this on and on. Has some one else gone through something similar and done something about it?
You are lucky that nothing of this sort has happened to you till date . I usually dont step out of the car and that is what I advise everyone .

About a FIR ,I know nothing will happen .I was advised against doing this ,as going by other's experience,this is going to be a nuisance in terms of visiting the police station .Also ,i dont want cops or anyone else knocking at my door when I am not around .

If there was more stricter policing on our roads and effective laws,people would think twice before indulging in road rage or breaking speed limits !

Till then ,IGNORE and pray that its not you .
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 12:46   #17
BHPian

Satya,

This was unfortunate. Such incidents are not related to Bangalore only; these things happen in EVERY part of India. As I posted in another thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2600884 (To All those associated with IT Industry - Do you call yourself an IT Joe ?)) - "Being an outsider / visitor in a city is the BIGGEST SIN in India". There are 'few' stupids who try to harass you one or the other way. NOT everybody everywhere is the same. You encounter such people everywhere in India. I personally feel that it's better to relocate to another country (like Canada) than to another city within India. These are my own 'personal views'.

By the way, you could have launched a police report with the local police station. If you want the police to take an action against them, you would have to meet senior police officials (any IPS) of that area because they are the people who do not get biased with region / religion etc. Police official upto SI / Inspector level won't listen to you. Do this if you want to otherwise leave it.

Anyways, please try to concentrate on other things and do whatever you like to do and ignore this incident. This will help you in coming out of this sad incident quickly.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 14th December 2011 at 12:52.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 12:48   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

This is really shameful on part of the alto. What is this city coming to?
Saying that it happens everywhere is not really very comforting. That's just another way of saying that we are learning the wrong sort of things from others. If Bangalore is at par with Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida in terms of road rage, violence and xenophobia, then its a very sad and disappointing thing.

Satya, I hope you recover soon. Consider filing an assault case.
amitoj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 12:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: If you follow traffic rules in Bangalore ,you end up like this !

@Satya,

Very Very sad to hear this. I do sympathize with you. Kannada or no Kannada, this is not a regional issue. I guess the road rage is happening too frequently.

The very recent incident which I witnessed on the Kanjurmarg ROB in Mumbai which is a major bottleneck and a 3 lane road becomes a 2 road. A Santro tried to switch lanes whick irked the Ace tempo driver like anything who got down and charged the Santro with a stone. Luckily I guess better sense prevailed since he would have been a target of other cars behind him and walked back and moved on. I dread to be in such a situation esp when you have family along with you.

All I wish Satya is a speedy recovery.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 12:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

speedsatya,

i feel sorry for you and for the day we indians got independence:the rascals who caused you this need to be in a dictatorship or in a kingdom,not in a democracy.

our culture has degenerated to such lows that now i feel hurt,miserable and helpless when some morons do what they feel like and get away with this.

have seen this nonsense in tn,ap,delhi

two options
  1. you take a crash course in kannada and then also a crash course in martial arts
  2. suffer in silence and burn within
i am fortunate to be in a state where all this inter-state nonsense does not prevail

sorry speedsatya, i can only share your suffering and do no more coz i am not a goonda.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 12:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Though I sympathise with you and the fact that you have been injured, you do mention that...

...you had been responsible for provoking the other driver as you have described above (One doesn't need much imagination to realize what you might have been saying with your hand ).

Now that road rage is here to stay, it would be much much wiser if you as a responsible citizen desist from provoking others who are driving rashly and irresponsibly - controlling them is a job that the Traffic Police need to do, not you and me. Today it's a broken little finger, tomorrow it could be a bullet in the head.

If you feel you must contribute to controlling others' rash driving, please install an in-car video recorder (something like this: Mini HD DVR with Viewscreen for Car Sports with HDMI | eBay), and send the relevant videos to your local traffic police - BTP is pretty active on FB, I hear, as are the Delhi Traffic Police.
Trust me I just showed him my hand .But he gets out and says that I showed him the middle finger.Yes ,that is what I was discussing at home ,that I might have provoked him ,but then you cannot get physical .

No matter what ,I am sure ,he would be sticking to the 80 kph rule atleast for a few days .

But yes ,I do agree ,that this incident wouldnt have happened had I ignored his driving and simply thanked God for my reflexes and for whoever invented RVM in vehicles .And moved on

I have already ordered for a DVR

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th December 2011 at 18:04. Reason: extra smiley removed.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 12:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Another thing I want to point out are the shameless car drivers .All of them were watching this enfold in front of them ,but no one came to stop this .Hadnt i given back ,dunno what extent would this have gone on to !
I am sure that most of the guys in cars will be IT guys. And proves why anyone can have his way with an IT guy.

This thread will go on to become "outsiders vs the natives".
People will come out saying that it happens in other parts of India also and hence it is OK if it happens here. Tired of all that logic and counter logic.

All I can say is that its sad. The guy who attacked you hopefully will meet his match on road someday. I think to be in such a state as to fight and beat like this, he is already suffering mental agony. Good for him. And his blood pressure.
The wheels of god grind slow but they grind exceedingly fine.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:09   #23
BHPian

I feel so very ashamed due to these insensitive acts of some locals. Bangalore being my native, i have seen how this place has transformed in the last 30 years. What you did was right..
I come across these insane crowd almost every other day and the only thing i have seen work with them is 'Do not Budge'. If i see someone driving crazily in my rear view mirror, i don't give a damn to them but rather stick to my lane and drive... Sometimes i just try blocking those jokers as much as possible.

For me it's not just in Bangalore, i have seen Chennai traffic police stopping KA vehicles more often.

In general, the attitude of 'respecting a human' is eroding faster than ever. Most of them don't care a damn about fellow humans. I witness this almost every day and get more frustrated.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:14   #24

Unhappy Re: If you follow traffic rules in Bangalore ,you end up like this !

Horrendous incident is all one can say

I am born and bred in Bangalore and trust me i still find it a challenge. So more than the outsider vs the natives, this is a menace caused due to the rouges

I vouch for this because, I personally have been involved with multiple situations where - when i speak Kannada there are people who say that i want to highlight that i am a localite so i speak that language

And when i speak any other language, they try to over power me

So knowing Kannada or not knowing any which way you see, it is troublesome

It is more of, Don't you know i am connected to so and so? Behavior these days on Bangalore days. Heck i have had to make calls to counter some people myself. That is the situation

I totally agree with SS-Traveller, absolutely no point in educating the folks down here

The other part of nobody getting involved would be due to fear of complications that usually tend to get associated with this kinda situations

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are going to be back on road sooner than expected
shyam.n10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Its shameful and disgusting for such things to happen. The society is sick with people on the receiving end feeling bad and trying to mend themselves without any fault of theirs.
Its much worse for people of neighbouring states with stupid issues being given more mileage than necessary in the media.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:27   #26
BHPian

Very sad event. Seems like Bangalore is getting worst day by day.

Thankfully, I don't see this issue with Non-telugu speaking people in Hyderabad. Could be, because hindi is well spoken here.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

While i sympathise with you on this bad incident and feel you are very very lucky to get away with minor injury, it is not worth fighting/educating on the roads with folks anywhere in the country. It is not the question of language and i have seen people who speak Kannada getting beaten up in Bangalore

To highlight my first sentence in this post, i will give two incidents

a) I was travelling on the ELTS to Electronic city from Madivala few months back in my Scorpio and i see a scooter driven slowly by an Infosys employee - i could see his Infosys bag and later when he stopped his ID - on the right side of the road. I honk expecting the guy to move to left. He does not. I overtake and move on. The guy catches up with me at the toll - due to long queue for cars - and as i cross the toll he stops in front of me and starts arguing. From his accent i could make out he is from eastern part of India. I ask him as to why he was driving on the right side of the road which is meant for fast moving vehicles. He has audacity to tell me that i should talk to authorities and get a board fixed on the ELTS asking scooterists to move on the left side and the only then he will follow. I leave the place and was not worth wasting my time anymore.

b) This is a poignant story. A friend of mine who is a gentle and decent soul and Kannadiga was waiting for signal to turn green in Ragi Gudda circle in Jayanagar. There was a luggage truck in front of him. Signal turns green and the truck does not move. My friend honks couple of times. The driver of the truck gets down from his vehicle, come to my friend and punches in his face. From that day my friend is in Coma.

Last edited by Fauji : 14th December 2011 at 13:30.
Fauji is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
There was one more aged guy with him and the way he was jumping and abusing ,all i could do is pity them .
When they have no respect for their own elders, we can't expect them to show respect to others :-(

as BBLOST said, you must send flowers to his house with a note like, 'from the guy who you met on BETL at 5 pm on 14th December'. He will know that you have his address, and might wonder how you got it. Even if he goes to the police with the bouquet to complain against you, what case can the police lodge against you?
rohanjf is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:38   #29
BHPian

There was this guy once in an Innova who was continuously honking on a curve (Jubilee Hills) which is known for stopped water tankers and sweepers early in the morning which are like death traps. So I drive slow (40kmph) and this guy keeps honking. I give him way and I'm so pissed now that I start honking thinking he would 'get it'.

This guy is pissed off and asks me what happened as if all the honking he did never even registered in his mind. I just leave it and go on at my normal speed and all of a sudden, he slows down, gets behind me and starts honking and tailgating like mad. I'm on a bloody two wheeler with no protection. I had to go faster to avoid ending up under the Innova. He doesn't slow down. Finally, I see a turning, get into it and let the idiot pass.

Whoa, what just happened? I decided then to never bother with idiots, not look at them, and drive as if they don't exist. That's the best tactic that works for this rude immoral new 'shining' India.

Last edited by hellmet : 14th December 2011 at 13:40.
hellmet is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of last Saturdays incident when i was on the way to my mechanics place in my Bike, usually I take out my bikes on weekends to visit my mechanic and takes ORR, Koramangala, Dairy circle and then Lal Baug main gate road to reach JC road.
Just in front of Forum i was behind one Bus and instead of overtaking him from right hand side I just saw the back and took the left hand side to over take him and all n sudden one Splendour guy speeding beyond the limit at that traffic condition braked and honked like hell that I have done something wrong.
Being on bad mood I parked the bike on side and he also approached me and started loudly that without seeing how I can take turn, he braked otherwise he could have hit me etc.
I told him without loosing my cool that brother I have seen the back and then took the left side, My bike has both the mirrors check yours you don't have any, it was you who was speeding and came before my judgement, then he said I am on the way to work so need to ride fast, I just smiled and told him even I am working from past over 18 years and we don't work on Saturday(the turning point and he came down), then I told him still if you feel that it was my mistake come lets fight kick each other and then will go to police station and one of top official over here is from my home town.
He started in very different tone don't mind brother things happens and we should not take it in offensive way etc and immediately he started his bike and went off, just to make fun of that fellow I over took him 3-4 time before lal baug circle.
Moral of the story avoid any thing which can lead to fight, even if it happens be ready to run off from the spot or keep your self safe inside car, no point fighting if they are in more numbers, keep one bikes fork rod always in car to scare them or using it if things goes beyond control, sometimes aggressive attitude also helps a lot or just be cool and show them that what you are and till where you can approach or have reach to top guys, no harm in having links with top guys either through friends or personally it works like magic.
Satya recover fast man and if you are really not keen on fighting with them leave this incident as bad dream or just log a FIR and teach them a proper lesson.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote