Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 21st June 2012, 13:18   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Fortuner crashes, Air bags did not deploy *EDIT* Another similar case Pg.7

Hello All,

An update on the matter.

I was contacted by a Mr. Ahmed at Toyota India HQ in Bangalore about 4 days after i sent the mail to them.

He told me that the company had gone through my e-mail and attached pictures in detail and that they were investigating the matter.

He also requested me to wait till they had completed their investigations and to not contact Toyota Global HQ till they got back to us.

In my mail I had mentioned that i would be sending the same mail to Toyota global if I was not satisfied with the explanation provided.

Let's see what they say.
driven646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:06   #137
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Fortuner crashes, Air bags did not deploy *EDIT* Another similar case Pg.7

Hello All,

Final update on the matter - after much back & forth the company's official (although verbal only) response is that the impact did not cause the Airbags to deploy as the sensor is in the mid part of the bumper and our Fortuner just missed impacting that area.

Anyway, we've had the car repaired fully and it's back with us along with a massive bill.

Word of advice to all Fortuner owners - if you are going to crash try and make sure the mid section of the bumper takes a hit if you want the Airbags to deploy.

Drive safe and always wear seat belts.
driven646 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote