Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2006, 20:59   #31
BHPian
 
S@~+#0$#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 701
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
By the way, its a bit surprising that the other cops there were not able to take down the scorpio's number! But they have been able to make a sketch of the driver!!!
Amitoj
Very sad incident. Like amitoj rightly pointed out, how come nobody(atleast the other constables) took down the number? The only explanation that comes to my minds is that the Scorpio's number-plates may have been very small and difficult to read.

Also, I feel that this incident is bad for motorsports and that the cops are not going to take this lying down and will come down very heavily on not only these so-called MG Road drag-racing brats but also on all modified cars with freeflows, engine-mods etc.

Cheers
Santhosh
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 21:16   #32
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
Also, I feel that this incident is bad for motorsports and that the cops are not going to take this lying down and will come down very heavily on not only these so-called MG Road drag-racing brats but also on all modified cars with freeflows, engine-mods etc.
that means no more hanging out late night at MGs specially for those with modded cars .. But how long would this rule last will be a point .. Maybe a month , after that its usual business ..

However its sad to hear that these days any accident at MG's and other certain places is termed as '' due to drag racing " which isnt quite true ..

Anyways read in the newspapers that they might have caught the culprit , lets see whats the outcome from the investigation..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 21:37   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,727
Thanked: 9,037 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
Very sad incident. Like amitoj rightly pointed out, how come nobody(atleast the other constables) took down the number? The only explanation that comes to my minds is that the Scorpio's number-plates may have been very small and difficult to read.
Well, when you see someone knocked down, first instinct is to reach out to the injured - it all happens in a flash - one cannot blame anyone
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 21:40   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
that means no more hanging out late night at MGs specially for those with modded cars .. But how long would this rule last will be a point .. Maybe a month , after that its usual business ..

However its sad to hear that these days any accident at MG's and other certain places is termed as '' due to drag racing " which isnt quite true ..

Anyways read in the newspapers that they might have caught the culprit , lets see whats the outcome from the investigation..
Exactly, MG road will soon go back to its usual self. Pimps, Prostitutes and so called playas.

Drag racing has nothing to do with this particular accident. I was thinking about it on the way back from college......... While this was an unfortunate incident im EXTREMELY disgusted with the media and reporters who have been quick to churn out utter rubbish in the name of journalism. They have attached this "drag race" label to the murder of the SI so that their article makes an exciting read.

I was wondering if we should stand up as a community and write to the newspapers. Finding the journalists name will be easy. Writing a letter to the papers on behalf of the forum is what im suggesting. Of course it would first require approval of the veterans (read MODS)

If we could have a decent article outlining what drag racing actually entails and that the typical profile of an enthusiast does not = rich, spoilt, irresponsible (etc).

Maybe we need to speak out as a community and highlight the fact that we do not get thrills driving down populated streets.

Its pretty obvious that the cops have blamed "drag racers" for thier own negligence. The journalists are quick to gobble whatever rubbish they can and in turn spit it out.

What say Team-BHP ?
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 23:59   #35
BHPian
 
Xtreme Torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

rightly said soul. i am all for it. we can start letter with the signatures of all the members and also inform them about our rules, policies and our ethics. That should educate them on who we are and what we abide by.
Xtreme Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 00:48   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 244
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Sincere condolences to inspector's family
He is 54 years and maybe he is only guy who earns...may god help the family;Guys please drive safely...and do not speed ...accidents will not kill only one but the entire family ...wrong deeds done by us will not be spared the lord...

Two issues for drag racers in team bhp
Y do people drag on streets ....are u psychos or just want show off if uhave enough petrol ...save it ..at the least.... if u think u are rich coz everyone else is poor including me;India is poor and the oil rates are on rise.
If u think my statements are offensive then think about urself ..y did i drag...and think about the scare ur screaching must have caused to others..
Drunkards....every ad says dont drink and drive..well i never drank any alcoholic..even i willl drink at some point ...but i swear i wont drive a car when i will drive



For traffic Police
Why dont they use paint guns or long barrel guns loaded with paint...whenever a scooterist or a car zooms past or commits an offence shoot it..and code them in different color codes for degree of violation...for hit and runcase orange or red...but make sure u get him on the same day....ALL this IF u are not able to notice the number plate...this also makes the car guy repent for what he has done
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 00:59   #37
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hey, Another blip on the drag racing record for the un educated folks out there . My condolences to the SI's family and I'm sure its really tragic. On the other hand I agree with all of you that the media has created this against the modded cars club members !!! Now any car with a fancy kit or a unusual exhaust note will be flagged down by cops and booked on some pretext or th eother ... Even the Media people need a course on what motor enthusiasts are all about and how they mostly are the most traffic abiding citizens out there on the public roads and yes when given a race track they will burn rubber and push cars to limits that an ordinary citizen would not be capable of !!! So you Bangy guys , keep those revs under limits till this thing cools of ....


Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
damn ... i'm just too shocked to hear this coming from b'lore. Delhi/Noida is different story ...

My condolences to the cops family and friends.
I wonder what you mean by ' Delhi/Noida is a different story ' ???????

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 02:25   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango
That was something really bad which happened in b'lore. Recently i have noticed lots of rash driving in b'lore, people here are all in a hurry, and they just don't follow the traffic rules. One common thing which i have noticed here is that in traffic signals, even before the light turns green, people start driving off...At times it funny to see guys trying to rip hard on their under powered bikes..they do anything and everything to go fast, they just don't bother in breaking the traffic rules...One thing for sure day by day people are driving fast without any sense or control. Some credit also goes the RTO who just go ahead and issue license after taking some money as bribe from the citizens !!
You're Right I have seen lots of people who can't drive but have valid licences.
adarshbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 14:03   #39
BHPian
 
redrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 545
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
Two issues for drag racers in team bhp
Y do people drag on streets ....
The SI was killed by a driver who was supposed to be drunk and overshot a routine checking.... NOT dragging.

Last edited by redrage : 22nd March 2006 at 14:04.
redrage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:57   #40
BHPian
 
jango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York & kotayam
Posts: 798
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

and more over the drags happen in MG road opp to Symphony theatre and as per the report the SI was dragged and killed somewnere else near Vidhan Soudha, and i am sure that no drags happen there...
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2006, 03:28   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
Sincere condolences to inspector's family
He is 54 years and maybe he is only guy who earns...may god help the family;Guys please drive safely...and do not speed ...accidents will not kill only one but the entire family ...wrong deeds done by us will not be spared the lord...

Two issues for drag racers in team bhp
Y do people drag on streets ....are u psychos or just want show off if uhave enough petrol ...save it ..at the least.... if u think u are rich coz everyone else is poor including me;India is poor and the oil rates are on rise.
If u think my statements are offensive then think about urself ..y did i drag...and think about the scare ur screaching must have caused to others..
Drunkards....every ad says dont drink and drive..well i never drank any alcoholic..even i willl drink at some point ...but i swear i wont drive a car when i will drive



Dude seriously relax here man.. we dont drag race on MG road.. atleast not the bhpiians i know of.. ofcourse there have been some situations with us too but after that we have raced only on empty roads..like the outer ring road.. ok.. now dont go into being rich and poor.. we dont differentiate among bhpiians or for that matter with anybody.. we may or maynot be rich this definately does not give us the opportunity to stop having fun is it?? Drag racing on streets is illegal and we Bhpiians definately dont do it on streets.. ok..And we never drink and drive.. thats the first rule we keep in mind.. If i am drinking i make sure my driver is there with me.. or i dont drink at all..hope this clears it out with you..

take care

Last edited by Godfather : 23rd March 2006 at 03:30.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2006, 12:12   #42
BHPian
 
Conan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
Why dont they use paint guns or long barrel guns loaded with paint...whenever a scooterist or a car zooms past or commits an offence shoot it..and code them in different color codes for degree of violation...for hit and runcase orange or red...but make sure u get him on the same day....ALL this IF u are not able to notice the number plate...this also makes the car guy repent for what he has done
Thats quite an original/novel idea you got there. I guess it will work for an urban jungle like bangalore.
Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley Davidson brake defect - Dragged to court by Pune businessman Shanky_Cobra Superbikes & Imports 35 26th May 2015 18:15
Look what the Cat dragged in msharma_79 Introduce yourself 1 21st January 2014 18:07
Delhi constable dragged to death under car tsk1979 Street Experiences 12 13th April 2006 03:28
Cop Dragged nos_nitrous Shifting gears 1 20th March 2006 16:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks