Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 8th June 2012, 14:56   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Road Rage: A sign of an uncivilized greatest civilization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thats the only method right now and its followed in the middle east countries to an extent. A violation can cost almost half the monthly salary and people think twice before breaking a rule. Thats exactly what we need here to teach every moron a lesson !! I also feel rule breakers here have not much value for money.
But am sure that the rule breakers (however rich they are) will not like paying 10\20\30 grand for every violation. It obviously is a lot of money by the end of the day.
Sometimes I just don't understand the way our governments function, considering the amount of traffic violations on a daily basis, if they start penalizing hefty amounts they can make HEAPS of revenue for the state\country.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 14:58   #137
BHPian

I was shocked but could find the reason at the bottom of the news clip. The man was drunk. I am not surprised now. Drunken driving = madness
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 15:14   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thats the only method right now and its followed in the middle east countries to an extent. A violation can cost almost half the monthly salary and people think twice before breaking a rule. Thats exactly what we need here to teach every moron a lesson !! I also feel rule breakers here have not much value for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
This will never change unless there are legal implications to erratic behavior. At the moment, most people choose to drive\ride how they please cause they know that the legal implications can be bypassed by a small bribe\contacts.
Charge a person 10,000rs & confiscate his license for 6 months, am pretty sure he will atleast try to behave the next time around. Ofcourse, he can choose to drive without a license too, but again, the overall system needs a tight overhaul.
Laws are there but as you said and we all know, no implementation! When you can get away with murders this is nothing. Killed by some car is not "murder"! or is it? I don't know. No legal knowledge but in the name of humanity can we please, behave! That seems like no incentive!

Show your finger in Gremany and you will get nice(read fat) fine slip in next post! Once your license is gone it can take your whole life to get it back. And driving without license will put you in jail before you can "fast" very fast.

Last edited by Suess : 8th June 2012 at 15:28.
Suess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 15:28   #139
BHPian

Default Re: Road rage claims life at Mumbai airport

I would Attach this aggressive behavior to Our newly found "rich class" Read as Easy money. economic liberalization has bought that money to us but hasn ;t taught us how to use that new found money.

I would Narrate a Incident from Gurgaon , As told to me by my colleague .

A guy Sold his Land to a builder in Crores in g,gaon . Off course 80 % of the payment was in cash and he was told clearly what this cash Means. immediately guy went to a Audi Showroom with Cash in a jute Bag And Asked the Sales man " manee challe wali gaaddi chahiye" ( read as I need a car with ringed logo ) . without asking anybody in showroom , He picked up car ( snatched the keys from showroom guys ) threw the jute Bag filled with cash at showroom guys , blurted out his address to them for formalities and sped away . Need less to say the guy don; t know how to sign and is illiterate . now with car in his Hands, it;s anybody;s guess how much he will behave on road in that car .

point is "with corruption all around ,this newly found rich class thinks that they can get away with anything by paying money" .

I have be wrong in above But this is what majority of the people do . Still there are few who know how to Use this money but very less IMO.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 8th June 2012 at 15:29.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 19:23   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
But am sure that the rule breakers (however rich they are) will not like paying 10\20\30 grand for every violation. It obviously is a lot of money by the end of the day.
Sometimes I just don't understand the way our governments function, considering the amount of traffic violations on a daily basis, if they start penalizing hefty amounts they can make HEAPS of revenue for the state\country.
The trouble is that such a system can be easily gamed by the cops on the street, they can just randomly catch hold of an innocent guy and claim he was driving rash! All that might change is that now instead of Rs. 50 they will have a chance to make Rs. 2000 since the fine for the offence is much higher!!!

So to narrate a personal experience, once I was driving in Delhi, came across this traffic light (Moti Bagh flyover for the Delhi junta) which was green when I was crossing it, halfway through the intersection the guy in front of me slowed down and the signal turned red as we had crossed 80% of the intersection. The traffic cop standing after the turn stopped me & the car ahead of me and no matter how much I ranted that it possibly couldn't be my fault he refused to listen. I saw that they had stopped 6-8 others in the same fashion, later a friend of mine said that they were just trying to meet their "revenue quotas" - true or not I don't know but can you imagine my situation if I was asked to pay 20K for essentially doing nothing wrong!!

So I know it's a pipe dream but for some situations we need to move into a automatically managed system like cameras that get activated when a signal turns red and record any car that jumps the light - a fine gets automatically generated and sent to the gentleman in hurry. It's a different story altogether that given the state of our record keeping how many fines will actually reach the correct people :|

Coming back to road rage, it's essentially a question of being a decent human being and respecting everyone (even the fools!), unless we as a society/race/group/whatever learn to be more civilized there's no way to get rid of road rage.
singhsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 13:32   #141
Zed
BHPian

Default Re: Road rage claims life at Mumbai airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I would Attach this aggressive behavior to Our newly found "rich class" Read as Easy money. economic liberalization has bought that money to us but hasn ;t taught us how to use that new found money.
point is "with corruption all around ,this newly found rich class thinks that they can get away with anything by paying money" .

I have be wrong in above But this is what majority of the people do . Still there are few who know how to Use this money but very less IMO.
For sure this is part of the problem. But attributing the magnitude of the problem to the nouveau riche alone is something that I would disagree with. On account of the fact that I have seen evidence - and plenty of it - to the contrary. Road rage, apathy towards fellow road users - these symptoms seem to manifest themselves across social classes. Whats worse than the nouveau rich being potentially bad road users is educated individuals from affluent backgrounds indulging in the same practice. Neither is acceptable for sure.

Last edited by Zed : 11th June 2012 at 13:35.
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 17:04   #142
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Road Rage? Go to JAIL! Mumbai Police sets an example

Driver caught on tape threatening female TV star.

Quote:
Update onFacebook went viral, and Police were able to track the suspect and detain him
http://www.rushlane.com/rickshaw-dri...-12116314.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote