Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 16th December 2009, 12:00   #16
BHPian

I'm surprised no body is saying anything about the guy who dragged that fellow on road.

I understand the victim must have also told/act something which provoked Honda Driver, but you no way can intentionally drag somebody while driving. This is not Taliban raj.

I'm sure that Honda city guy will get his due.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is really sad - another life lost for no reason at all. I pray & hope that the guy driving the Honda gets what he deserves. It was a calculated move, almost tantamount to murder in my eyes.

As for the Hospitals, the less said the better. To me, a Hospital is supposed to save lives. The Administrative section of the Hospital should be competent enough to deal with the Police or any harrassment - Police harrassment shouldn't be used as an excuse to turn away people, especially when a few minutes or hours can make a difference between life & death.

And lastly, yes, one should avoid confrontation to the maximum extent possible, even if it sometimes means that you back off & swallow your pride. Avoid getting out of your car to argue, trust me, it isn't worth it.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:08   #18
BHPian

I'd say avoid confrontations with anybody, until all other avenues have been exhausted...

after all beating up the other guy is not going to fix the damage on your car.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:23   #19
BHPian

Utterly disgusting how they mercilessly dragged him.

He gave the poor man a dog's death. Such an incident would be enough to provoke a revenge attack. It was not an accident. Grievous bodily harm was intended.
GordonGekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:24   #20
BHPian

Sad to see someone die like this and for what reason? Some damn scratch on the car? Very sad and I feel sorry for the family and sure, the guy who is responsible for this, should be punished and preferably, the same way.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is a inhuman trait displayed by the driver of the Honda City. I am sure he did not expect the person to die but I guess he invited unwanted trouble by crossing the limits in addition to creating an irreparable loss to the victim's kith and kin.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear this. RIP. I hope the driver is caught and punished by law. When Supreme court issues a directive, rather, law then I don't find any problems as to why any hospital should reject an accident case.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

The "honda city" guy deserves a highest/worst punishment! pathetic!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:02   #24
BHPian

This is such sad news and so coincidental. I’m talking about road rage here.

While returning from work yesterday, I was at an unregulated junction. Traffic could either turn left or go straight. From the opposite side, traffic could either turn right or go straight. Cars from the opposite side were going right, in front of me while I was patiently stopped. Finally seeing some space, I darted forward. The AT is quite responsive. As I moved forward, on the opposite side, and wanting to turn right was a young lad in a maroon i20 who was not as quick to the draw and could not make the right turn. He put out his hand, put his middle finger up and started shouting obscenities at me. There was a time when I was not so forgiving but these days I have given up on such imbeciles.

I drive to a signal ahead to make a left, and this person comes back to follow me even though he was going in a completely different direction. He then cuts me off when making a right turn and once again makes hand gestures. Being a new car, he was still very clumsy at the wheel and could not negotiate through the lanes.

I have stopped trying to bother with such people. They are menace and endanger the lives of pedestrians, other drivers and society at large.

Last edited by NevGin : 16th December 2009 at 13:04.
NevGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:05   #25
BHPian

i hope the Honda guy caught immediately and punished to the full extent of the law. Intentional or not intentional, dragging someone on the road with your vehicle is just barbaric and Inhumane. Animals like these belong behind bars.Period.
Its disgusting to read about the attitude of the Hospitals. whats the point of them being there, If they actually defy the very purpose of their existence. Shame on them!
what happens now? will there be an official inquiry, will someone actually take initiative to confront the hospitals and to change their tendencies?
Sli_ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:07   #26
BHPian

I normally follow these practices:
1) If there's a protest (justified or not) by the other driver, I slow down & just let the guy go away. This helps most of the time.
2) If the guy suddenly stops & blocks your path & he continues to sit in the vehicle simply let him let him loose steam & again let him go his path.
However if the person steps out of the vehicle & seems to be carrying anything which cud be dangerous, simply slam the accelerator & drive away. Even U crush him in the process, law is on your side (how is a long process, but I am sure since I have studied law)
3) Ensure that you are not in a lonely & secluded place. In case of such a scenario, drive off to a public place. Safer bet is to drive into a police station. I actually did it once when I felt threatened.
4) Golden rule is to not to step out of your vehicle. U step out to argue, expect trouble like what happened in this case.
5) This may sound funny, but I actually take God's name & pray that the opp guy cools down. Actually works...
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I normally follow these practices:
2) If the guy suddenly stops & blocks your path & he continues to sit in the vehicle simply let him let him loose steam & again let him go his path.
However if the person steps out of the vehicle & seems to be carrying anything which cud be dangerous, simply slam the accelerator & drive away. Even U crush him in the process, law is on your side (how is a long process, but I am sure since I have studied law)
Maverick,
I know what you mean, ive actually faced a 6 feet5 Drunk and brainless Giant charge at me, after forcing me to stop my car (by parking in front) on the rightmost main lane,of Gurgaon expressway with vehicles passing by at 80kmph. why? because i honked at him after he scratched the left side of my cars bumper in the process of changing lanes and cutting me off.

When he came charging at me, without a single thought, i ran away, screeching tyres and all that. but it got me thinking, in the process of running away, i had to accelerate towards him and avoid knocking him out at any cost. but what if i had (knocked him out) or if had jumped in front of me in order to stop me? wouldn't the law then work against me? on endangering his life? luckily i was quick and made my way swiftly and nothing happened after that. but since then on, i don't even honk at people anymore, let alone confront. i simply let them do their circus, even if they slightly damage my car in the process. No matter what happens, my life is far more precious than tin and aluminum.

Last edited by Sli_ce : 16th December 2009 at 13:40.
Sli_ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

However brutal the Honda's deed may appear to be, we do not know what exactly transpired - as Sli_ce has mentioned, such episodes happen all the time, and maybe something like what happened to Sli_ce may have occurred.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:46   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sli_ce View Post
my life is far more precious than tin and aluminum.
ALL life is more precious than tin or aluminum.

While all of us hope that the Honda driver and accomplice are caught and bought to justice we must realise that we cannot change everyone.

What we can do, however, is live by example. If as TBHPians we all start to do this (observe road ettiquitte, avoid altercations, etc..) then atleast it is a start. Maybe our friends, relatives, and chidlren will imbibe something from our actions.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sli_ce View Post
Maverick,
I know what you mean, ive actually faced a 6 feet5 Drunk and brainless Giant charge at me, after forcing me to stop my car (by parking in front) on the rightmost main lane,of Gurgaon expressway with vehicles passing by at 80kmph. why? because i honked at him after he scratched the left side of my cars bumper in the process of changing lanes and cutting me off.

When he came charging at me, without a single thought, i ran away, screeching tyres and all that. but it got me thinking, in the process of running away, i had to accelerate towards him and avoid knocking him out at any cost. but what if i had (knocked him out) or if had jumped in front of me in order to stop me? wouldn't the law then work against me? on endangering his life? luckily i was quick and made my way swiftly and nothing happened after that. but since then on, i don't even honk at people anymore, let alone confront. i simply let them do their circus, even if they damage slightly my car in the process. No matter what happens, my life is far more precious than tin and aluminum.
My dear friend, what you did was a normal & completely expected reaction. Also the Indian Penal Code (I am unable to recall the section no.) provides protection to a victim in case he happens to kill the other person unintentionally & in self defense. However (unfortunately) you might need to prove that your life was threatened & that you took such a drastic step to protect your life (read in self defense). But the final decision on such matters rests with the courts.
In your case if you even hit the person you could have defended your actions by stating that whatever happened was in self defense.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote