Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 17th July 2012, 18:21   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Glasgow (UK) -> Goa by road

Finally looks like things have started taking shape. I am now a proud owner of Toyota Land Cruiser Prado which i will be using for the journey. Now starts the next step in this trip!!!!
indigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 15:16   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Glasgow (UK) -> Goa by road

Less than 30 days before i start my epic journey from Glasgow in UK to Goa in India by road covering 25 countries. I am at the last leg of preperation but any help, guidance, advice or contacts for the trip will be greatly appreciated. For more information visit www.glasgow2goa.com
Old 31st August 2012, 15:30   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up The BAAP of all trips a drive from UK to India by road

Hello BHPians,

My name is Inder and i am starting a baap of all journeys i.e. driving from Glasgow in UK to Goa in India covering 25 countires and over 15,000 kms. The journey starts on the 28th September at 11 a.m from Glasgow. I hope to reach Wagha border in India on 26th/27th October.

I know this is not a usual journey so asking for advice will not be easy but i am sure many of you may have done or know of some one who has done smaller segments of this route. There may be some countries where you know someone who could help with the advise. Even though i have done my basic research but since i am a one man team there is only so much i can do on my own. Any word of advice from you guys can be a greatly helpful.

I am also for people who would be interested to drive with me from Wagha border to Chandigarh. Then next day from Chandigarh to Delhi.

The other part of the journey where i am looking to have any of you join me would be from Mumbai to Goa. There is a huge party planned in Goa on my arrival, so anyone looking to join the fun is welcome. The expected date of journey from Mumbai is 2nd or 3rd of November. For more information about the dates (i will have regular updates of the journey on the way) visit www.glasgow2goa.com

Cheers,
Inder

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st August 2012 at 19:56. Reason: Please refrain from making an entire post in bold.
indigill is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 15:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The BAAP of all trips a drive from UK to India by road

Salut, sir.
To your spirit, as well as the cause!
I dont know if I will be able to contribute any advice, but I will follow your journey.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 16:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The BAAP of all trips a drive from UK to India by road

Hats off to you Mr Inder for your cause. The journey is going to be one kind of it, I wish you all the best for the same.

Can you let us know what vehicle would you be driving for this incredible journey and what preparations have you done with regards to the vehicle?

I will be regularly glued to the link you have provided for the updates(saved in my favourites already).
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 16:38   #21
BHPian

Respect!!! Wish you good luck on this trip!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...er-1050-a.html (Dubai To London on a Triumph Tiger 1050!)

Just sharing another travelogue which involved driving across europe. Hope it helps.
Once again all the best!!
Anandv267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 18:45   #22
BHPian

Thank you Manak, Ghodlur and Anand.
Ghodlur: I would be driving Toyota Land Cruiser, more details available on my website.

Just a quick update: Pakistan High Commission has finally granted me the visa today after negotiations with them for over a month now. Yuuuuuuuuuuuhu...finally my biggest obstacle is off. The second obstacle of visa for Iran too looks to be solved, as Tehran has approved my visa clearance. Now the last one is driving through China....clearance for which is being negotiated from Beijing. Will keep you guys posted!!

Note from Team-bhp support: Please refrain from making an entire post in bold.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st August 2012 at 19:57.
Old 31st August 2012, 20:05   #23
BHPian

All the best for the trip !!
It would be great if you add points on how to get clearance for vehicles, etc. Some details notes on preparation.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 20:17   #24
BHPian

rk_sans : I am adding all the details if you read my blog "Planning". I will be putting in more details and when they happen. In any case at the end of the trip there will be a book which will be published with a documentary of the whole journey at the back in DVD along with it.
indigill is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 21:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations for taking up the challenge starting 28/09/2012 with your Toyota Landcruiser. I am sure it will be extremely adventurous for you and in turn for all of us who shall keep an eye on this thread if you keep on posting your experiences and encounters all along.
On May 5th 2004, two Morris Oxford two enthusiasts Tim Nicholson and Joanne Bowlt embarked on a journey on their 1954 Morris Oxford Series II ( Landmaster in India), starting from Oxford, U.K.. They traversed 17000 miles through many countries to finally reach their destination viz. Oxford (a small town), in New Zealand on 13/02/2005. They had traversed through India too landing at Mumbai and travelling upto Chennai also touching Kerala, if my memory serves me right. Yes, they had touched Mumbai moved to Bangalore, Cochin and then to Chennai. The trip was undertaken to commemorate 50 years of their Morris Oxford Series II.

http://www.oxford2oxford.co.uk/

The trip map:

http://www.oxford2oxford.co.uk/OverviewPage.htm

This link may provide some needed information to you. I think you are preferring to travel all along a land route and hence China is also included.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 31st August 2012 at 21:11.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 22:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Great job - there are many overland road trip discussions on Indiamike - you may be able to connect up with some old hands there - very few do it these days.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 12:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: The BAAP of all trips a drive from UK to India by road

Inder,

Great effort and Congratulations!!

I had discussed such a trip with another friend, done planning but due to Pakistan problems, it did not move forward.

Tata Nano was driven from India to London, I think they by-passed Pakistan, flew the car to Afghanistan and drove them there.

http://motoroids.com/talks/topic/304...dia-to-london/

Have some friends in Pakistan, they suggested that we should travel only by day / daylight hours and to be very careful, take in friends form Pakistan who would want to travel that sector.

Like you, I did the end to end in UK, from Dunnets Head / John O Groats Head to Lands end & plan to do an end to end New Zeland and C2C USA some day soon.

I find from your route plan you're taking the Delhi, Agra, MP route to reach Goa. As you may know the route through Jaipur, Udaipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai would be faster. Any reason to choose the MP / Nasik route? Agra?

All the best, will keep an eye out for your progress.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 1st September 2012 at 13:09.
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 15:22   #28
BHPian

Dear Inderji, hats off to your spirit & the cause. I personally want to involve for the cause. My dad is one of the survivor of this cause. I saw that you are coming through Delhi to Goa. If I plan something @ Delhi for a meet in local Lioness Club for the cancer awareness whether it will acceptable to you. Pls let me know.
shomshree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 16:53   #29
BHPian

Cool Re: Glasgow (UK) -> Goa by road

Hi Inder,

All the best for such a LONG DRIVE!

Please keep updating this thread with your arrival dates in India (reaching Wagah). I think BHPians in Delhi & Chandigarh can plan a drive with you. By the way, you want to come to Delhi via Chandigarh? Any specific reasons?

I would try my level best to give you a company once you reach here.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 17:55   #30
BHPian

Hi,

It's the good thought for good cause....

I would love to join you from Mumbai to Goa... Keep the thread updated about your arrival dates in mumbai
devenashani is offline   Reply With Quote