Old 25th September 2012, 13:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Glasgow (UK) -> Goa by road

Update? Is the trip on?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 14:38   #47
BHPian

wanderernomad : Yes the trip is fully on but i am very busy with the last minute preparations. I do not want to suddenly realize i forgot something when i am mid-way. Lot of changes happening to the car as well, which should finalize today. You will get regular updates on the website (i should have been doing that regularly but hard being a one man team).
indigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 14:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigill View Post
Hi guys...got back from Canada and it was a huge success. ......................

There are talks with Mr Ajay Devgan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan to come to Wagha border on the day of my arrival. Figures crossed!!!!

Ramky: I think i will take your friends offer to stay a night and speak on the radio. If one more life can be saved through my drive, it would be bigger then 100 days of Puja & Path for me. The only condition of the stay would be, i will pay for my stay but ask your friend to adopt one poor patient who needs help. I will be more than happy to find him one in desperate need.

............. though i will not be able to post many comments once on the journey, but will make sure i update my website as much as i can. Thank you all once again!!
Inder,

Great start for a great cause.

Will talk to my friend, and OK for the night stay. Will talk to him about adopting a patient. Will also talk to some FM friends about the coverage.

Godspeed & Safe Journey.

--Ramky
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 01:25   #49
BHPian

Just a quick update....i have reached China after having covered over 26 countries. The original plan was to cover 25 countries but now when i enter Wagha border on 26th Oct at 3 p.m, i would have covered over 29 countries is as many days. Thank you all for your support and i look forward to you joining me for my drive within India.
indigill is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 09:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigill
Just a quick update....i have reached China after having covered over 26 countries. The original plan was to cover 25 countries but now when i enter Wagha border on 26th Oct at 3 p.m, i would have covered over 29 countries is as many days. Thank you all for your support and i look forward to you joining me for my drive within India.
Congratulations! I read about your trip in a newspaper here, but didn't know that you were on TBHP. Wish you continued success in both your journey and your cause. God bless!!
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 09:57   #51
BHPian

Great effort for a great cause indigill. Please post lot of pics while you are travelling that will keep us updated. Eagerly waiting to see those. Keep going!!!
Naturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 02:30   #52
BHPian

Naturalist: I am posting as many pictures as possible as internet seems to be a problem in some places. I am sharing some of my experiences and have just posted latest updates today. Please feel free to pass your thoughts.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:35   #53
BHPian

The earlier date of entry in India was 26th October (today). I went to check this up on the website but now the date has been revised to 4th Nov.

Here's wishing a successful end to this charity adventure.
snkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 12:59   #54
BHPian

Yes the date ad to be revised as both China and Pakistan mutually decided to close the border for 5 days. Reason there was a heavy snow storm and after that there was a festive season. I had been on time by the second until i entered China, the last leg of my journey.

Anyways i am looking forward to entering Pakistan on the 31st and Wagha on the 4th Nov.
Old 1st November 2012, 15:37   #55
BHPian

Congrats on the whole drive inder. Truly inspiring and I can only imagine how much hard work you must have put in. Got onto this thread late but following it now.

Looking forward to a photo update and TL.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 01:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Congrats on the whole drive inder. Truly inspiring and I can only imagine how much hard work you must have put in. Got onto this thread late but following it now.

Looking forward to a photo update and TL.
Thanks Bhai. Finally am in Islamabad after having survived an attempt on my life last night. Look forward to Lahore and then into India on the 4th. Will follow up with more pictures today or tomorrow.
Old 3rd November 2012, 02:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bhai. Finally am in Islamabad after having survived an attempt on my life last night. Look forward to Lahore and then into India on the 4th. Will follow up with more pictures today or tomorrow.
hope you are doing well and no more such scary things happen in the journey onwards. all the best and welcome to india!
manolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 02:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, that is scary. Glad to know that you are alright. Am hoping it was a random, robbery type thing and not a targeted attempt. Not that either way is better but less chance of a follow up attempt with the former.

Anyway, look forward to the photos. That really is inspirational for how far you can actually travel and do things with determination. Good luck with the rest of the drive, though you are definitely in the home straight now.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 13:58   #59
BHPian

I'm sure there will be someone from the forum there at the border to welcome this "Braveheart". Please post pictures.
snkjr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 17:48   #60
BHPian

Just read this thread. This is one great journey and for a cause.

Any updates on the entry to Wagha border and towards Goa?
Curious.
advaitlele is online now   Reply With Quote