Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 16:10   #121
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,076
Thanked: 3,668 Times
Default Road Rage by VIPs/ Actors/ Other Big Personalities

Just read about this incident that can have you fuming too. Happened in Hyderabad.

Ram Charan Teja, son of Minister/ Actor Chiranjivi had a brawl with some techies when his Aston Martin was not given 'pass' by the techie's Alto. The techie later maintained that he could not give way to the 'luxury' car behind because of traffic congestion. Later the actor's son called his body guards who punched the techie in his face

That is the state of law order in our country. On another note, that's how we make them big and they really become bigger.

Source:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19903972.cms

PS: Thanks moderators for moving the post to a relevant thread.

Last edited by saket77 : 6th May 2013 at 16:39.
saket77 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 16:54   #122
BHPian
 
Gotham_City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bombay
Posts: 151
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19903972.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Actor and Union minister Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Teja was embroiled in a roadside brawl on Sunday. The actor's bodyguards reportedly assaulted a software engineer for not giving way to his Aston Martin on the busy Road Number 1, Banjara Hills on Sunday afternoon. However, police did not register any case as they claimed the victim did not lodge a complaint.
This is a perfect example of an idiot arrogant driver who thinks that road is his private property.

I am amazed how police simply brushes off these incidents. If it is not nipped in the bud, VVIP menace is going to get bigger. Com'on police, show some spine.
Gotham_City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 17:02   #123
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 487
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

The way I look at it is that these are GUTLESS people who pretend to behave all brave with bodyguards around. I have my doubts that anyone will do a 1 on 1 face off without any thugs standing behind them.

It's become a nuisance!!! If they are so arrogant about being rich, I wonder why they can't afford a private chopper to beat the traffic!!!!!
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 17:19   #124
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,076
Thanked: 3,668 Times
Default Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
It's become a nuisance!!! If they are so arrogant about being rich, I wonder why they can't afford a private chopper to beat the traffic!!!!!
Please don't give this idea to them. They might hold up a passenger aircraft some 30,000-40,000 feet above in the air and thrash the pilots for not giving landing priority!

But seriously, there is hardly any effort by the law makers and police to curb this nuisance. Thankfully, The Supreme Court of India has ordered to take off the red beacons from unauthorised cars. Now the Supreme Court should come up with the definition for 'celebrity status' too, as to we know who actually ARE celebrities. Every tom, dick and harry can these days can come on tv, participate in some useless shows, big boss, roadies etc and become a celebrity. Hardly anybody know them.

Really feel bad for people here. We pay them in form of taxes which are utilized to buy them luxury cars, SUVs, houses, security and all and get back corruption, road rage, humiliation and exploitation.
saket77 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 17:24   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 487
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Please don't give this idea to them. They might hold up a passenger aircraft some 30,000-40,000 feet above in the air and thrash the pilots for not giving landing priority!


No dude, the cops can't do anything in this regard, it's just that common CIVIC sense & good upbringing is missing nowadays. There is a complete disregard for another fellow being.

Try the Kolhapur to Pune highway & you will know exactly what I mean. Most drivers use that highway as if it was their private road & they are doing us a favor for using that road.

Last edited by mb_jg : 6th May 2013 at 17:25.
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 17:36   #126
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,076
Thanked: 3,668 Times
Default Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post


No dude, the cops can't do anything in this regard, it's just that common CIVIC sense & good upbringing is missing nowadays. There is a complete disregard for another fellow being.
I came across this thread by Normally_crazy and my blood was literally boiling. That is heights of humiliation.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...died-nose.html (Drive within rules = Bloodied nose)
saket77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 07:55   #127
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,555
Thanked: 6,311 Times
Default Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

Name:  RamcharansecurityBeateanITengeners20.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  51.0 KB

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/13050...-more-pictures
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 10:58   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

There is another picture in TOI today that shows one of the safari-clad guys kicking the guy in purple shirt. Height of belligerence! This had better be nipped in the bud if the government wants a peaceful society. Others may not be as docile as those poor chaps who got assaulted.

But while on this, let us admit that we don't know if those guys were really not allowing a free passage to the film star. I've myself seen several nitwits driving cars criss-cross and not allowing me to overtake even when there is ample room. If this were the case, there is reason for the other guy to get cut up, but in no case does it entail calling up some goons to bash up the errant drivers.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:32   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 103
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

The ALTO has a L board and baby on board sign.
Not sure what has happened but this is not the way to settle scores.

No one can save this country.
BheemBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 18:40   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 678 Times
Default Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

Just came across this news article on NDTV.

"Hyderabad: On Sunday, it was reported that Telugu actor Ram Charan Teja's bodyguards had beaten up two software engineers at a traffic crossing in Hyderabad because their vehicle was blocking the way of the filmstar's fancy Aston Martin."

Source : http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/pi...rossing-363534

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 18:52   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Just came across this news article on NDTV.

"Hyderabad: On Sunday, it was reported that Telugu actor Ram Charan Teja's bodyguards had beaten up two software engineers at a traffic crossing in Hyderabad because their vehicle was blocking the way of the filmstar's fancy Aston Martin."

Source : http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/pi...rossing-363534

Regards,
What is this Ram Charan fellow's claim to fame other than the fact that he is Chiranjeevi's son and Dr Pratap Reddy's grandson in law?
This kind of ego mania has got to be stopped.
I hope those software engineers had taken photos of the incident and file a case against the filthy fool and his stinking servitors...
About time that these blighters stopped thinking that they are above the rest of the people...
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 21:24   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
What is this Ram Charan fellow's claim to fame other than the fact that he is Chiranjeevi's son and Dr Pratap Reddy's grandson in law?
This kind of ego mania has got to be stopped.
I hope those software engineers had taken photos of the incident and file a case against the filthy fool and his stinking servitors...
About time that these blighters stopped thinking that they are above the rest of the people...
This is a serious threat to democracy and must stop. The blame squarely falls on all of us who watch and do nothing and or the guys who have had to undergo this. We must all find a smart and intelligent way/solution to stop this and empower the citizenry
canonball is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 02:13   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,385
Thanked: 1,987 Times
Default Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Just came across this news article on NDTV
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
About time that these blighters stopped thinking that they are above the rest of the people...
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
We must all find a smart and intelligent way/solution to stop this and empower the citizenry
Apparently, they did not file a complaint. Don't know what the techies were threatened with to not register a complain. From the 'baby on board' sticker on his car, am sure he has a little kid and a loving wife at home. A little relieved he wasn't with his family this particular instant.

I also remember reading somewhere Alto was blocking the free left on that junction. Though now that am searching for it, just not able to locate it. But in any case, this is absolute disregard for law and order and sets a dangerous precedent.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4687678.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ref=sliderNews

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...how#im-image-0
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 12:48   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 890
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

I think the actor's Aston Martin is still running on Applied For plates


Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
What is this Ram Charan fellow's claim to fame other than the fact that he is Chiranjeevi's son and Dr Pratap Reddy's grandson in law?
This kind of ego mania has got to be stopped.
I hope those software engineers had taken photos of the incident and file a case against the filthy fool and his stinking servitors...
About time that these blighters stopped thinking that they are above the rest of the people...
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
This is a serious threat to democracy and must stop. The blame squarely falls on all of us who watch and do nothing and or the guys who have had to undergo this. We must all find a smart and intelligent way/solution to stop this and empower the citizenry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Apparently, they did not file a complaint. Don't know what the techies were threatened with to not register a complain. From the 'baby on board' sticker on his car, am sure he has a little kid and a loving wife at home. A little relieved he wasn't with his family this particular instant.

I also remember reading somewhere Alto was blocking the free left on that junction. Though now that am searching for it, just not able to locate it. But in any case, this is absolute disregard for law and order and sets a dangerous precedent.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4687678.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ref=sliderNews

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...how#im-image-0
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 16:57   #135
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,637 Times
Default Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

Actor Asif Ali booked for tailgating Minister Jayalakshmi's convoy in his BMW X3 with the DRLs on - Video Link

Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karnataka gets a Bulletproof Mercedes E350 for VIPs ajmat The Indian Car Scene 13 26th September 2013 22:21
What would you do if a vehicle hits you/you hit a vehicle! rajinibm Street Experiences 30 3rd June 2010 12:53
Good deal or Bad deal?? dr chill Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 0 27th April 2006 20:45
Got 15"alloys and tyres,good deal or bad deal? .anshuman Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 4th April 2006 12:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks