Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 17th August 2012, 10:49   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Travails of the poor in seeking Insurance compensation after fatal accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I find it very hard to believe this one, but if you are saying so, I do. But how can any court charge such an exhorbitant fee ? Are they also trying to make money out of a suffering family ? Even a stupid RTI application costs less than 50 rupees when the answer to it involves crores of rupees. Where is the justice here ? Does our laws favour the informed and more privileged people ?
It is a fact that court fee is charged upon the claim amount in many states. Luckily in Karnataka there is fixed court fee of Rs. 20/- only irrespective of the claim amount. The percentage of court fee may vary from state to state but many states charge court fee on Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Petition on percentage basis. It is a state subject as every state has a different court fee and suit valuation act. Even I am of the opinion that court fee should be only nominal for a Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Petition. I would also like to clarify that the court fee collected goes to the state government and not the court.
patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 01:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Travails of the poor in seeking Insurance compensation after fatal accidents

So, if the victim claims 10L, is he supposed to pay, not deposit, 1L ? The ultimate award might be only 1L or less, what happens then ?

And which are the states that charge fees like this? might be useful for many.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote