Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 24th September 2012, 06:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Update

He is still waiting for the insurance company decision. They are delaying.

After taking the public transport all these times without a car, he has now zeroed in on his next car. He got a very good deal for a BNW 2011 Linea MJD. He has decided to go for this. He should be taking delivery of this vehicle very shortly.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 08:36   #62
h14
BHPian

Yeah, that's a wonderful offer that he's got on the Linea, especially with H29 on the odo!
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 11:49   #63
BHPian

Default Re: A Fiat Punto saves a family

@ramesh, your friend and a lot of other Fiat owners in this forum and around the world have made a very sensible choice. It is of great relief to hear that he and his family are totally safe. Once again I can assure myself of making a brilliant choice buying a Fiat. I am sure to show this thread to many of my friends who have shrugged off from buying a Fiat citing different insane reasons ranging from inefficient engine and bad ***. I just have one thing to say, even if i accept Fiat has a bad FE compared to others and a Bad ***, it is much happier to be alive spending a few more bucks for fuel and service.
arpanjha is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 12:00   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
He is still waiting for the insurance company decision. They are delaying.

After taking the public transport all these times without a car, he has now zeroed in on his next car. He got a very good deal for a BNW 2011 Linea MJD. He has decided to go for this. He should be taking delivery of this vehicle very shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Yeah, that's a wonderful offer that he's got on the Linea, especially with H29 on the odo!
H29? Does that mean its a brand new car which was with the dealership till now? Since BNW is one of the fast moving (comparatively of course) colours - I wonder how come a dealer is still having 2011 model with him.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 21:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Default Update - Future Generali wants him to risk

He finally got the assessment from insurance surveyor and as per them the insurance liability is just 3.2 lakhs and hence they want that to be repaired by replacing more than 100 parts and welding the right side panel. He rejected that outright. Another option given was to get 70% of insurance liability + 2.25L of salvage value of the car, which comes to around 4 lakhs. If that is the final verdict he may drop the plan for any new car now and drive his old Zen for few more years.

He is now evaluating all options including Legal/reporting to IRDA.
Currently, he is deeply hurt with the attitude of Future Generali insurance. He had heated arguments with the regional manager of FG when they suggested to cut the right side 2 doors so that it can be fit into the deformed shell. They will not replace the shell unless the car has rolled over. Because, if they have to replace the shell of the car, it costs around 2.4 lakhs + painting and labour charge. On top of this even the body shop people who are supposed to perform this surgery on this car can't even guarentee 80 % of perfection. My friend is not ready to risk by repairing and driving this car.

Now, this insurance process is giving him more sleepless nights than the accident. I think Indian consumers always have to suffer in the hands of Manufacturers, Dealers, Insurance companies and so on.

Any suggestions from you guys are welcome to proceed further in this case.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 01:38   #66
BHPian

Really sorry for what happened to your car. Glad that you and your family are absolutely safe!

FIATs are truly tanks. We had a Palio earlier, and I must say, it was far more stable and felt far more planted than our ANHC. Tipper lorries are definitely becoming more of a nuisance, especially on highways. I've had so many annoying instances with then on NH45, with them switching lanes whenever they feel like, and driving at ridiculously dangerous speeds, in between the two lanes, at night, and 60% of these trucks DO NOT have proper, functioning, tail lamps, which is quite a dangerous thing, especially on highways.

I wish you all the best in your pursuit of your next FIAT. I'm sure it won't disappoint you
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 11:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Default Future Generali dumps him

Well, I did not update his thread for very long time. Actually, my friend was fighting his case with the Future Generali Insurance for the claim all these days.

This is what happened (in my friend's own words).

2 weeks back I went ahead and gave my car to salvage people for 2 lakh Rs .
had to pay 5000 rs @ TAFE Reach for doing that stupid repair estimate. I will come across on this topic soon.

Next day I went ahead and signed the agreement with Future Generali for final settlement of 2.2 lakhs as cash loss option. I received the cheque last week.

So in total I received 4.2 lakhs for my 8 month old car.

Now my reasons for suffering this loss rather than fighting with Future Generali.

1. Even after almost all the FIAT higher officials interacted with FG officials , they were not ready to go back on their stand.

2. Even though FG officials initially agreed for Total Loss and even they sent few salvage people to see my car, I didnt received any mail from them mentioning that my car is total loss. This gave them a chance to come back later saying that my car can be "repaired easily ". I was not able to find any reason for this sudden change.

3. I am not sure how long I will be in this part of country. So I was not ready to run behind these people and court for years. Afterall I recalled that I have to hear the same law which fined the lorry 500 Rs for causing this accident.

4. I was never ready to do this major repair on my car because of the well known service centers. I was not ready to spend another 1.5 lakhs on this repair from my pocket and then "hope" that my family will be safe in this car.

Talking about legal notice to these insurance people is like a 2 year kid threatening to cause physical harm to a local gunda.

The repair estimate was prepared by Mr Christopher from TAFE Reach. He took more than 2 weeks to prepare this hopeless repair estimate. When he put complete engine as replacement as "one part" and then adding individual engine parts separately in the repair estimate I fail to understand what he should have smoked while preparing this estimate. When I questioned him on this I heard the famous answer " Mistake Saar".

His estimate of 9+ lakhs excluding tax came down to 3.2 lakhs insurance liability for FG including all tax.

I cancelled the linea booking and had to run behind them for a month to get the booking amount.

I am not blaming anyone for all these . It is just my bad time. Thanking GOD that my family is safe. I really pray that no one should face this issue in their life.

Considering the tension given by these FG people for last few months the accident days were so normal for me.

So currently my companion is my little old zen. Will wait for a year or so to invest in my new car. Hopefully FIAT will launch a model that I require at that point of time.

The FIAT officials has given me wonderful support during this period and I realize that my faith in FIAT car has grown more.

After this incident, I made couple of decisions.

- I would never buy insurance from Future Generali for my current cars or future cars.
- I will also advice the same to my family and friends sharing this case study of claim processing by FG.

Having said that I renewed second year insurance for my Linea with HDFC Ergo dumping FG.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 23rd December 2012 at 11:48.
rameshnanda is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 21:20   #68
BHPian

Hi Ramesh, I just stumbled upon this thread which popped up while a search. Finally, did your friend manage to get a better price? Did he buy a new car?

My sympathies with him and also feel good to know that nothing untoward happened. At the same time, losing such a huge amount will totally unsettle any one.
Jakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 21:46   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Is there a thread for this accident or can you point me to the post if possible
Posting some of the incidents that have involved FIAT cars.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...sion-tree.html (My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post1422879

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ures-1022.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...05-2010-a.html
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote