Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th August 2018, 00:10   #796
BHPian

Default Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I sleep with a smile not only because of the silence but also for the fact that I can indeed rely on our authorities for some help and assistance!
I think it varies region wise. They are pretty good in Bangalore from what I've heard.
I called 100 once on a sunday evening as there was a security alarm buzzer from an ATM near my house.

They came within 10 minutes. I didn't stay long as I finished my Panipuri from a nearby vendor and went home.
landcruiser123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 11:56   #797
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Recent experience - Mystery of the missing Hen (Solved):
Weekday evening, as I reach home on my scooter, I see one neighbour peering below his car parked on the street opposite our home. Another neighbour seems to be tensed and looking for something on the street and I see wifey's WagonR backed up half the distance into our car porch, with the other half of the car on the street, seemingly like an abandoned move when backing up the car

Now, it was my chance to be worried. Since the gate was open, I quickly go in, park the scooter and come out onto the street. I ask my wife what had happened. She said a neighbor's Hen was missing and then goes on to tell me what happened. The BWSSB (municipal water supply authority) person had come to our home for the monthly billing and when he was done, he left our gate open while heading out.

Just a little later, a neighbor's Hen was taking a stroll on the street when very heroically, another neighbor's dog jumped a 7 foot fence to chase the poor Hen. In a matter of few seconds, several feathers were flying and by then the neighbors were out on the street. The dog quickly retraced it's way back to it's home when the owner came out and then everyone realized that the hen was missing, so the search began. Now, the beginning of the search operation coincided with the time when wifey had reached home and was backing the car up, so she stopped abruptly and got out to find out what happened. She was glad she had not run over the Hen unknowingly. Just imagine my plight when I was listening to this story so far, my heart rate was slowly coming down to normal and I really wanted to but controlled myself. Trying to take an analytical approach, instead of randomly searching all over, I tried asking them some questions like where the dog attached the Hen, were there any traces of blood on the road, etc. Searches at all places that were obvious suspects turned negative, including our garden, neighbour's garden, below the Dzire parked in the porch, periphery of our homes along the boundary walls. Now, I even suspected it could have possibly jumped on to the sloping roof of our home and then headed up to our terrace, even that turned out negative! By now, some pedestrians passing by also came to enquire what was going on so there was a lot of action.

Soon, it started raining heavily and by then everyone concluded that the Hen was lost. The neighbour whose dog had attacked the Hen promised to pay the other neighbor for the loss but also said he will check his CCTV footage once again to see if he can find some clues about where the Hen could possibly have gone.

The rain stopped after about 15 minutes and another neighbor reaches home. Barely has this person opened their gate to park the scooter, and then there is a lot of loud, excited banter again.

Again, all neighbors congregate and one of them is pointing towards a shoe rack they have outside their main door, very close to the gate. The poor scared Hen was there cowled up and petrified to even lift it's head. During the entire search operation it was hiding there after escaping from the dog! It had lost some feathers and had some minor wounds but otherwise all was well.

All's well that ends well.

Last edited by NPV : 11th August 2018 at 12:21.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote