Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 31st October 2012, 13:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default The arrival of the Yellow Sticker

Very recenty it is noticed that many vehicles, cars, vans, trucks and buses including that of KSRTC in Kerala are sporting yellow coloured reflective stickers on the sides. These vehicles are all commercial vehicles and it appears that this is being insisted during the MVD's periodic testing of commercial vehicles. Any idea regarding the inclusion of this in the mandatory regulations.
But in one way it helps, especially at intersections at night, as a warning.

Last edited by rajeev k : 31st October 2012 at 13:27.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 13:08   #2
BHPian

Default Re: The arrival of the Yello Sticker.

This yellow sticker is ill-famous for getting outsiders fined in Ahmedabad. I am not sure if it is actually reflected in the law as stated by the police there, who fine even cars registered outside of Gujarat for not having them. Also, I heard the same practice is not followed in other parts of Gujarat.

As you said, it definitely helps avoiding the frightening high beam. But what I do not understand is, instead of bringing such new regulations why not enforce usage of low beam?
High beam usage must not be allowed if the surroundings do not require that!
MotoNanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 14:52   #3
BHPian

I would really like it if it is implemented here in Bangalore!

I know it is of no use in the city, I never felt the need for it all these years. But 6 months back I shifted to Kanakapura road and driving at night is a nightmare!

Almost everyone coming in to the city uses high beam, I don't blame them; despite being a highway the lights are pathetic and certain areas on this road have good pedestrian activity. It is very difficult to see if anyone is crossing the road with the low/no lighting on the highway at times. It is better to cause inconvenience to others by using high beam rather than hitting a person/animal crossing the road! Yeah, the yellow sticker in this case would have really helped!
vasanthn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 14:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The OP is talking about Yellow Reflective Stickers on the sides of the vehicle and not about the sticker put on the headlight.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 15:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Any idea regarding the inclusion of this in the mandatory regulations.
All goods carriers & commercial vehicles must have those yellow reflective stickers as per CMV rules.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote