Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st November 2012, 10:14   #16
BHPian

Default re: Shell pump charges twice for the same bill

Let me add my experience too
At times when they swipe our card, the transaction falls through for several reasons.
By that time we might have even got an SMS that the amount has been debited.
In most cases, the amount debited for a failed transaction will be automatically rolled back by the bank. Else we can place a complaint for the same with the bank.

In some cases, the vendor might have (accidentally) charged you twice. In such situations, the bank does not have to roll back any of the transactions because neither transaction failed.
Here the vendor is responsible to pay back the extra amount charged. If they don't co-operate, we can place a complaint with the Bank, who inter pass on the complaint to Visa/Master.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 1st November 2012 at 10:16.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 11:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I have attached the receipt. Please help
Did the attendant report any issues with the card at the time of swiping in the POS terminal?

Why do I see a difference of 44 minutes between the time of bill generation and swiping the card?

The bill shows the time as 19.27
The charge slip shows the time as 20.11

Or was it because of wrong time setting.

Anyways... you are sure to get back your money unless you have signed two charge slips.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 12:16   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wink re: Shell pump charges twice for the same bill

It happened to me many times. Talking to them ideally solves the problem. One worst incident was...

Swiped the card, Transaction got approved, Got SMS immideatly, Paper reel in the machine was over, so Print wasnt comming, Sales boy says, I need SLIP, without which i cant let you Go.
Showed him SMS, But still he wasnt ready to accept it. He demands receipt from that machine.

Had to wait for 30 min, Then Manager comes, Opens Almirah, pulls out paper reel, Feed it, Re prints the transaction, Sales boy Happy, Me Pis*** off.

From then on, I have made a habit of Parking the Car, check whether machine is working or Not. Swipe the card, Fill Fuel, then Leave. Time wasted 2-5 min, but Peace of mind.
gemi_kk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 13:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Take a print out of the statement, and also the customer copy of the charge slip with you. They will check their records to see if there has been indeed a double charge levied. Usually, they refund the amount in cash if there has been a mistake.
Would suggest the OP insist on a transaction Void slip instead of cash so that surcharges are taken into account properly. Is 2222.21 amount with surcharge or without?
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 03:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy
SBI customercare is absolute crap. First their lines are mostly busy. Second, even if I could talk to somebody, the chap kept on insisting that it would be automatically reversed, even though I said that there are two charges. The charge is not automatically reversed. I will go to the bunk and talk to them today.
If the bank said it will be automatically reversed, they are right. The transaction would have been approved but connection to the merchant would have cut off and the bank can see that in their system. They automatically reverse that within 3 business days. The system sucks, but it is what it is. I have workes with a bank and seen this happen a lot and with the amount of times it happens they have a problem reversing it immediately.
Scorpioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 10:01   #21
BHPian

The amount is still not reversed. Shell says its not charged but it is debited. Sbi helpline is not reachable and i am traveling in maharashtra now so can't go there till i am back :(
sumannandy is offline   Reply With Quote