Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 3rd May 2006, 00:58   #16
BHPian

yeah i saw your thread too..that was quite bad too..anyway..i'll let you all know tomorrow evening what the proceedings are..as we'll be going to check out the car in the morning and see what can be done..thanks for all the support..but if we do get it done as a write off..how much do we get? and are there any other things to be done other than FIR?
v.tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 01:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
I have some pics of that horrible accident as a reminder of what reckless, high-speed driving can do. A kid (I think he was 16) wrapped his Ikon around a street lamp on Worli Sea Face. As far as I can remember he died instantly but the others survived, though with very serious injuries. Shudder every time I see those pics!

Googled, and here's what I found. Has a pic too--gruesome! http://www.mid-day.com/news/city/2003/july/58015.htm

- Ivor
actually the driver survived,one of the passenger died
vandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 01:24   #18
BHPian

Get a attested copy of FIR thats important for total loss claim, apart from that you will require a quotation from authorized ford service to repair the vehicle, obviously the estimate will be way higher than the insurance value its only then the insurance company will go for total loss claim, you will need to submit following documents for insurance claim
1) Copy of Insurance Policy
2) A small letter describing the way accident happened place, location any injury if any and estimate repair cost and claim for total loss.
3) A copy of rc book & driving licence
4) If the car in question was under loan & if loan is over a copy of NOC from the bank & loan closure letter.
5) A copy of FIR.

whats the value of car in your insurance note its called idv & its not necessary on market conditions, eg if insurance value is 3L the insurance company will deduct the scrap value eg say 1L & give you 2L chq & settle the claim & you can get 1L from the scrap dealer.

get all your paper work clear whatever you submit to insurance company take a attested copy of acknowledgement with date & time mentioned.this will help you later if the case gets delayed.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:50   #19
Team-BHP Support

thank god your brother is safe,
The Jaipur highway is a death trap. Four lanes or not, you will find so many crazy truckers and RJ buses there. They change lanes without looking back, cross the road without any heed of the traffic. The most dangerous are the bullock carts coming on the wrong side.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Man, thank God your cousin is safe! I can imagine braking from 120 in an Ikon at short notice, would have been tough stopping in the circumstances.......what happened to the right side by the way (I suppose he hit the truck with the left front)?

Last edited by suman : 3rd May 2006 at 10:59.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 11:16   #21
BHPian

left side hit the truck first..on the right was the divider..so it went on to the divider after the truck..the car rotated towards the right and again hit the left side of the car..ie. the doors..
v.tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:18   #22
BHPian

thats why every one should put on seatbelts....
zulfikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

bad crash for sure, did it flip by any chance or slid on the bonnet side for a while ?
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:39   #24
BHPian

than god everybody survived. but guys pls help him in getting the insurance claims puzzle in place, if u know about how insurance works?
naveendhyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:42   #25
BHPian

mann!!! wat a acident.... i hope nobody has got seriously hurt.....??
toy car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:43   #26
BHPian

Wearing seat belts is absolutely essential but there is one more moral of the story.

No matter how good the roads are and how big the car is, never drive above 100.

Ideal speed on a very good highway would be 80-90 because highways are very prone to accidents caused by tractor trolleys , milk vans etc.
Sush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good news - your relatives survived.
Bad news - the milk man got away. ***!!!!
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:56   #28
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! What an unfortunate crash. By the grace of God, your relatives were saved by wearing seatbelts.

In the monsoon of 2003, happened to see the wreckage of the brown Ikon while strolling on Worli Sea Face the same evening. I remember my friendís on the spot chatter, about the poor crash safety of the Ikon compared to his Cielo with air-bags and his Contessa.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:26   #29
BHPian

Hey vtec thank god your bro is safe.
caroholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:34   #30
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Samurai : 3rd May 2006 at 13:41.
badboysclub is offline   Reply With Quote