Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th October 2016, 15:44   #46
BHPian

Default Re: The Best & Worst Parking Lots

Two parking lots in Pune which i would like to mention -
1. Inox Bund Garden Road - While coming out, there is one turn which is very very sharp. For first timers it could be a bit of a struggle. Adding to it, the way leading out is not spacious either and in vehicles like say the innova/XUV you might be under the impression that you will surely brush the vehicle while moving out.

2. Multi level parking in Mandai area- had the misfortune of using this once, luckily for a 2 wheeler parking but on that day the way it worked was that, there was only one way to access the upper level parking and vehicles moving both up & down used the same path. Adding to it, the path is only enough for a car and a bike at most IIRC. There was a xylo which was coming up and a two wheeler going down which completely blocked the path and it too a good 15-20 mins. I used this only once that too a good 5-6 years back. So not sure if its the same today as well
centaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 18:56   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Any "experience" with the VR Mall in Whitefield ? I dread mechanical parking lots and I always go to Phoenix Market City (adjacent Mall) to park my car and then walk to VR.
While I am not a fan of the mechanical parking lots. VR is pretty ok. One good thing is that it is not extremely crowded so you can finish parking pretty quickly.. So even if I am heading to Phoenix, I park in VR. During weekends, sometimes it can take a long time to park in Phoenix.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 16:00   #48
BHPian

Guys I'll have to be going to Barleyz in Kormangala (opposite Oasis mall). I'll be coming from Inner Ring Road (Indiranagar) side. How is the parking at the Taco Bell-Barleyz-Pantaloon complex? I have only parked there once and it was tight for all vehicles. Should I instead park in Oasis mall across the road and walk?
avi550m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 20:42   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Guys I'll have to be going to Barleyz in Kormangala (opposite Oasis mall). I'll be coming from Inner Ring Road (Indiranagar) side. How is the parking at the Taco Bell-Barleyz-Pantaloon complex? I have only parked there once and it was tight for all vehicles. Should I instead park in Oasis mall across the road and walk?
Barleyz had valet parking last time I was there which was a few months back I guess. Not sure if that is still the case.
ashwinsadeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 21:14   #50
BHPian

Basement parking at Hotel Greenwood in Mysore is best avoided, specially if you are driving either a low GC or a long wheelbase car. The ramp leading into/out of the parking lot is a bit too straight angled. Also, immediately after you get down the ramp, you have to take a 90 turn. A single point turn is almost impossible even for a small hatch because one is greeted with a pillar to our right . A few bikes parked facing the wall make it difficult to manoeuvre the car. Best to park in front of the hotel.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 07:39   #51
BHPian

The parking lot at Shatinagar (double road) bus stop is horrid. Had to use it last year in August to park my XUV during the flower show. Pathetic design, and overparking led to me damaging the rear fender of my (then new) XUV against a pillar. In hindsight, I should have simply kissed the wrongly parked dezire instead, so that even that car would have paid the price of wrong parking :(

Last edited by ajayclicks : 19th June 2017 at 07:41.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote