Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 30th November 2012, 17:29   #46
vij
BHPian

Default Re: Bad experience in Pune : Close shave with hooligans

Road rage situations are momentary - most people wouldn't react the same given even a few minutes to think. 2-3 weeks is a lot. Just let it go. They probably have...

@tazmaan
Yes, the big car always gets the blame and you are sitting inside the giant of a car Well, good you got away from the situation alright.

Quote:
The helmet hits the fender and breaks in 2 parts
The helmet broke into 2 ? Thats amazing lol.

Last edited by vij : 30th November 2012 at 17:36.
vij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 18:17   #47
BHPian

'Live to fight another day'

Year - 2006. Place - Modern high school junction, Pune (The junction that connects Pashan, Baner road, Aundh etc).

I was riding my humble Bajaj boxer CT with my GF (now wife), returning from a movie outing at E-Square, heading towards Bavdhan.

At the signal, traffic is heavily held up due to a small altercation between an auto driver and a car. With no room to move ahead, I am at the extreme left of the road, since I needed to head towards Bavdhan. A mid aged biker comes up behind me and starts honking real bad.

I gesture to him about the blockade ahead but instead of acknowledging that I have no chance of moving ahead, he starts hurling the choicest of expletives. Not the kind of person who takes it lying down, I return the favor to a mild degree. The biker continues his tirade and manages to wriggle ahead and moves off.

I too move as the traffic gives way and head in the direction of Pashan. A few kilometers ahead, I notice this guy, stationary, at the NCL Gol Market bus stop. Out of instinct, I push the throttle of my puny boxer to the max and notice in the RVM (yes, I had those on my Boxer) this chap chasing me down.

The nearest policestation is at Bavdhan, about 3-4 km's away and I am full throttle but this chap manages to catch up with me at the most isolated stretch on Pashan road, forces me off road by riding too close. I stop, intending to have a chat, make sense. Our guy parks the vehile, takes his waist belt out and flies towards me. Mind racing, I go straight for his hands, hold them and pop i go 'Sorry bhau, itna gussa mat karo'. The expletives continue, adding in something about outsiders spoiling Pune. I keep apologizing and ask him to let go. He finally relents, heads back in the direction of Baner road.

Now, had the situation been different, if my GF was not travelling with me? While I am not the best of the guns out there, I played my bit of sports, medium built and have the guts to take on this chap. The thought of bodily harm to the lady accompanying me, turned the tables that day. I will 'live today to fight another day'.

Trojan, trust me you did the best thing considering the circumstances. I agree with what most other members said, let it pass. The hooligans will have many other soft targets to play with but will meet someone their mettle.
ExtremeTorque is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 20:14   #48
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post

Year - 2006. Place - Modern high school junction, Pune (The junction that connects Pashan, Baner road, Aundh etc).

I was riding my humble Bajaj boxer CT with my GF (now wife), returning from a movie outing at E-Square, heading towards Bavdhan.

At the signal, traffic is heavily held up due to a small altercation between an auto driver and a car. With no room to move ahead, I am at the extreme left of the road, since I needed to head towards Bavdhan. A mid aged biker comes up behind me and starts honking real bad.

I gesture to him about the blockade ahead but instead of acknowledging that I have no chance of moving ahead, he starts hurling the choicest of expletives. Not the kind of person who takes it lying down, I return the favor to a mild degree. The biker continues his tirade and manages to wriggle ahead and moves off.

I too move as the traffic gives way and head in the direction of Pashan. A few kilometers ahead, I notice this guy, stationary, at the NCL Gol Market bus stop. Out of instinct, I push the throttle of my puny boxer to the max and notice in the RVM (yes, I had those on my Boxer) this chap chasing me down.

The nearest policestation is at Bavdhan, about 3-4 km's away and I am full throttle but this chap manages to catch up with me at the most isolated stretch on Pashan road, forces me off road by riding too close. I stop, intending to have a chat, make sense. Our guy parks the vehile, takes his waist belt out and flies towards me. Mind racing, I go straight for his hands, hold them and pop i go 'Sorry bhau, itna gussa mat karo'. The expletives continue, adding in something about outsiders spoiling Pune. I keep apologizing and ask him to let go. He finally relents, heads back in the direction of Baner road.

Now, had the situation been different, if my GF was not travelling with me? While I am not the best of the guns out there, I played my bit of sports, medium built and have the guts to take on this chap. The thought of bodily harm to the lady accompanying me, turned the tables that day. I will 'live today to fight another day'.

Trojan, trust me you did the best thing considering the circumstances. I agree with what most other members said, let it pass. The hooligans will have many other soft targets to play with but will meet someone their mettle.
I dont know if this will be allowed. Something worse happened when I was teaching my mom car driving more than a decade back. She brushed(or not..just went close I think) a middle aged man in a scooter. The guy chased us down in a secluded area and started abusing her - the kind of abuses that no son can tolerate. He kept at it. I tried to reason with him and apologized. He even reached his hand out although didnt touch and my mom was too scared to put the windows up(no power windows on the car then) and she was on 4th gear at a speed of 30 - the car just wouldn't move fast enough. I was just a 20 year old boy and this man was big.

This man just wouldnt let go and it was obvious what he was upto. I noticed we reached an area that was slightly more populated and also was just 1 km from police station. I knew my mother would be protected whatever happened from now. I reached out to the drivers window - put my hand out and gave a woosh at that guy and managed to blurt all expletives(does not come naturally to a mild mannered bespectacled south Indian like me). I even took the steering and flung it to the right - he somehow managed to veer away. I told him the exact words - I am prepared to die - are you prepared to die - and that the police station is less than a km away and I will see to it that his a$$ is owned - also called out his registration number and said - you are done! His face went from red to purple to blue literally. All his anger evaporated and he started trailing us and I kept my volume up till he was out of the horizon.

Sorry mods, I know the details are too much. I am a very mild person and avoid all confrontations - But even to this day when I think of that day - my blood boils.

Last edited by vij : 30th November 2012 at 20:24.
vij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 13:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
This incident happened 2-3 weeks back,

Please advise.
Trojan,
Glad to see that you are safe..
I happen to live in the same area for last 30 years. The scenario has gone from good to bad to worst.
May be at least, we all should have contact numbers of each other. This will serve in case of emergency.
And lastly never ever quarrel with these dimwits. It is like fighting with a pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
If you have any trouble further, I have messaged you my number.
And do come to PCMC mini meets. They are very refreshing. Myself, Ironshark and couple of other guys are quite regular.
Drive safe.

Cheers
Abhijeet
coriollis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 15:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Hey Trojan,

One way like many of us suggested is to approach the authorities. However, since nothing had happened, I don't think police would take any action.
Yep, prepared for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Elected public figures, who are good-natured can surely be of help. They know every nook and corner of their constituencies very well.The police will have to play their proper role when confronted.
Thanks Anjan, your suggestion is really helpful, this is something which I will think about, to meet the local MLA and explain, this will not only ensure that the guys are brought to book but also serve as a lesson and prevent anybody else becoming a victim.
True, its not that I could not handle the people but when you have a family to take care of we have to keep our heads on our shoulders and think about their safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Gentlemen, what you are facing are the headwinds of a class war.
People these days are usually very angry and unnecessarily aggressive over trivial things. I would not blame only the ones listed by you, I have seen affluent and well-to-do people behave worse, more so because they think that they can do no wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I personally think how Trojan has responded in that situation is very apt. One against five, even if that 'one' is brucelee, is not warranted unless cornered. I really appreciate the presence of mind you had then, Trojan.
Thanks deetee, yes, one against five that too with a lady gives ample money making opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
During the whole event my wife was very calm and that helped me keep calm.
Am glad you were able to move out without any untoward incident happening. Big car gets the blame and the location that you were in, most likely people would act first before talking - you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Road rage situations are momentary - most people wouldn't react the same given even a few minutes to think.
Yes, I feel the same too, when something like this happens it lingers on in the mind but after posting here and seeing the responses has made me think in this direction as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Yep, that true mate, that day would have been mine if not for my lady, but better sense prevailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
The guy chased us down in a secluded area and started abusing her - the kind of abuses that no son can tolerate.
There should be some serious punishment for such offenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Trojan,
Glad to see that you are safe..
I happen to live in the same area for last 30 years. The scenario has gone from good to bad to worst.
May be at least, we all should have contact numbers of each other. This will serve in case of emergency.
And lastly never ever quarrel with these dimwits. It is like fighting with a pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
If you have any trouble further, I have messaged you my number.
And do come to PCMC mini meets. They are very refreshing. Myself, Ironshark and couple of other guys are quite regular.
Drive safe.

Cheers
Abhijeet
Thanks Abhijeet, I have PMd you my contact details and saved yours, I would really like to come for the meets, I always wondered whether we have one in our area.

Cheers
Salil
Trojan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 11:13   #51
BHPian

Hey Trojan, scary incident and you handled it the best way there is to handle such a situation. Having said that, don't put too much thought into it, those idiots might not even recognize you the next time around. Just keep your friends informed and since they stay 300 m from the place this happened, I am sure help can be arranged in case it is needed.

Drive Safe
damanshaheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 10:07   #52
BHPian

Here is an incident happened to a close friend of mine. Here is the story in short

"Here in Pune, around 6.30-7.00 pm today, we were on a bike riding home from Mominpura area heading home to Dhanori side. While we were crossing a new bridge in BundGarden road, the car came out of nowhere on our right and hit us. Yaseen and I were thrown out of the bike instantly while my husband, Sadik was dragged along with our bike for more than 20 meters. I remember feeling so scared for Yaseen. I was dragged on my back against the bitumen road for more than 5 meters. I held Yaseen against my chest hopping to save him from any injury that might have happened to him as we were sliding on the hard road. If there was any other car behind us, we would have been crushed to death. Sadik was hammering on the car to make them stop. Once they stopped, he turned back to us and run to come check on us immediately. The piece of shit got an opportunity to escape, dragging our bike along with him, he fled and didnít even look back."

Source:- Tes at home

Its surprising to see the response of cops. But good to know that, there were a bunch of good people to help them out.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 14:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Here is an incident happened to a close friend of mine. Here is the story in short

"Here in Pune, around 6.30-7.00 pm today, we were on a bike riding home from Mominpura area heading home to Dhanori side. While we were crossing a new bridge in BundGarden road, the car came out of nowhere on our right and hit us. Yaseen and I were thrown out of the bike instantly while my husband, Sadik was dragged along with our bike for more than 20 meters. I remember feeling so scared for Yaseen. I was dragged on my back against the bitumen road for more than 5 meters. I held Yaseen against my chest hopping to save him from any injury that might have happened to him as we were sliding on the hard road. If there was any other car behind us, we would have been crushed to death. Sadik was hammering on the car to make them stop. Once they stopped, he turned back to us and run to come check on us immediately. The piece of shit got an opportunity to escape, dragging our bike along with him, he fled and didn’t even look back."

Source:- Tes at home

Its surprising to see the response of cops. But good to know that, there were a bunch of good people to help them out.
Send a SMS to 092123 57123 typing vahan <space> <regn number without space>
You would get the following information instantly
The Number of Ownership sequence, Owner name, Type of the vehicle, Make of the Vehicle, Registration fitness validity, the road tax validity

Reference Link as below :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...withdrawn.html

Edit: Just checked with my Car Registration number. It works. Get me Registration fitness validity, the road tax validity etc. But no owners name.

Last edited by KALINGA : 29th July 2013 at 14:27. Reason: EDIT :
KALINGA is online now   Reply With Quote