Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 3rd December 2012, 15:03   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Owners fed up, get Donkeys to pull their E-Class. Land Cruiser & now an Octavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
If the news reports are true then it is the owner's sheer stupidity that he is expecting Mercedes to replace the whole car for tyre damage that may have been caused by his own negligence. He should take the dealer's offer to replace all tyres and get on with it.
Not really. Merc has merely released a statement that it is willing to change all 4 tyres. That doesn't mean the problem is limited to bulging tyres.

Considering Merc's shaky reliability record, I would give benefit of doubt to the owner.

It's unfortunate that whoever has reported on this story didn't bother to compile the list of issues this E-Class has suffered.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Owners fed up, get Donkeys to pull their E-Class. Land Cruiser & now an Octavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not really. Merc has merely released a statement that it is willing to change all 4 tyres. That doesn't mean the problem is limited to bulging tyres.

Considering Merc's shaky reliability record, I would give benefit of doubt to the owner.

It's unfortunate that whoever has reported on this story didn't bother to compile the list of issues this E-Class has suffered.
True. I actually wanted to add a disclaimer to my post that my comments were based on the news report. But by then sadly the edit time had lapsed. I'm sure there is more to this story than meets the eye.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 21:59   #18
BHPian

Hi everybody
This has been mentioned in todays Mumbai Mirror(Times of India publication)
Our name viz Team-Bhp has also been mentioned.
Please read the article spread over 3 pages.
Regards

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1355070396750

Regards
Mods:If this is not an appropriate thread(as it mentions Audi issues) please help>thanks
faustus77 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 08:54   #19
BHPian

^^
Saw the same article in today's pune mirror (TOI) too !
There's a mention of T-BHP, GTO and most of all how important our forum impacts the masses today.

Good going T-BHP !

<*thumbs up*>
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 08:38   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Us Gujjus sure love drama! Now, a Land Cruiser owner from Surat gets his vehicle towed by donkeys.

Thanks to Sreepathy Hariprasad for bringing this to our notice.

Source & Full Article

Name:  land cruiser 1.jpg
Views: 2399
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  land cruiser 2.jpg
Views: 2288
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  land cruiser 3.jpg
Views: 2432
Size:  49.8 KB

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2015 at 08:40.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 08:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

What is the world coming to? Even a Toyota Landcruiser?
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 09:08   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

At least no reliability issue which I could read of. Toyota should dig deep, find out the issue and rectify this, at least this is what I think of.

And 20 LC's? We have one here as well.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2015, 12:41   #23
BHPian

The owner explains his agony in these videos :

Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 11:22   #24
BHPian

This is indeed shocking, that too from a company of having repute of most reliable cars. I guess its a goof up from dealers end, he doesn't want to stock or invest in LC parts (reason being only one car sold), but is it the fault of the customer ?

I remember the similar incident happened to a friend, who bought a Skoda Superb Petrol 3.6 V6 FSI
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...si-petrol.html (Problem with Skoda Superb 3.6 V6 FSI Petrol)

Where he was sold the car for which premium fuel was not available. Why companies do such experiments, where they can't provide the basic infrastructure for such premium vehicles ?

I have myself owned a TLC V8 Petrol and it was indeed a prized possession for me. It was the rising fuel costs which made me part from that beauty with a heavy heart. Though alternate can be buying the aftermarket parts, however that doesn't make any sense for a new vehicle.

I can feel the agony and pain after spending such a huge amount and not been able to drive. Let's see how what Toyota have to say on this matter.
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 11:59   #25
BHPian

German cars need costly flat beds, Japanese are economical with "Donkey's" !!
Toyota needs to teach customer service lessons to their dealers to avoid such incident in future.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 14:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the battery of remote fob , I am not able to make up anything from videos , Toyota normally operates very efficiently on spares & service parts , recently I had first hand experience while replacing fuel injectors of my 2003 MY Corolla , although Delphi has stopped production of this part and local Delphi dealers were of no help Toyota Dealership could arrange this in less than 2 weeks , corolla was happy to run on 3 cylinders for such time

Given the low numbers of LC , it might not be possible for Toyota Dealership or Company to stock everything so it appears case of miscommunication or just some argument / ego issue which got escalated - I am sure LC comes with 2 Fobs so he could have used other one , further he is cribbing on costs of battery - wonder if he happens to see BOM of complete vehicle how will he react

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th July 2015 at 14:20.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 14:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Apart from the battery of remote fob , I am not able to make up anything from videos

Given the low numbers of LC , it might not be possible for Toyota Dealership or Company to stock everything so it appears case of miscommunication or just some argument / ego issue which got escalated - I am sure LC comes with 2 Fobs so he could have used other one , further he is cribbing on costs of battery - wonder if he happens to see BOM of complete vehicle how will he react
+1
This news was there in local daily as well, owner complaining about 2-3 days delay in part arrival. In video, he repeatedly mentioning " ek crore ki gaadi" .. I assume it's more of a ego issue.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 16:02   #28
BHPian

It seems more of an ego issue with the LC owner. Owning a car which costs crore, you can't expect it to have no issues life long. And yes if the car is of that cost, its obvious that the battery wont be costing as much as a maruti's battery.

Its a car, its mechanical, it can have issues due to unknown number of reasons. Of the many, Human error is the biggest one and can't be ignored or blamed on the mechanical components.

OT - Owning donkeys in Gujrat now seems to be a profitable business.
iamahunter is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 16:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well, his car, his time, his rules.
I would presume someone who buys a multi-crore vehicle expects it to not be offline - even if its human error - for days at a time,when every minute is worth thousands.

I say full points to the gent.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 04:10   #30
BHPian

Sorry, but do not agree with the owner as per the video at all , in fact deeply condone it , he should have researched the overall ownership cost before buying a vehicle , he clearly thought he could afford the vehicle and so must have bought it , however he seems to have under estimated the running costs of the vehicle and hence the crib , comparing the cost of the cell for key fob to an ordinary cell i.e. INR 1500 vs INR 50 is a bit ott in my opinion !. Regardless of the cost of the vehicle sometimes customers are asked to wait as all parts are not in stock at all times and it is a common business practise , as another member mentioned on the thread he surely must have been given another key fob , so the reason that he had to leave his vehicle in the garage without using it just because of a broken cell is somewhat unbelievable ! Again , it is entirely his choice to throw his toys out of the pram but I reckon a decent working relationship with the dealer goes along way !!
vickzkool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote