Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 20th February 2013, 22:12   #1
BHPian

Default Road Rage Victim & Theater Personality AN Ramesh Dies

Noted Theatre Personality AN Ramesh, a victim of Road Rage died yesterday after being in Coma for 29 Months. Ramesh who was on his way to Airport pulled up behind a Car near Signal. When the Car in front did not budge even after the signal turned green twice, Ramesh honked repeatedly. This enraged the Car Driver who came out and rained blows on Ramesh Face and Head. Later, Public thrashed the Car Driver and handed over to Police. The Car Driver confessed that he was talking to his girl friend on the phone and got enraged.

Ramesh who was injured very badly manged to drive home and narrated the incidence to his Family Members. He went to bed and slipped to Coma. Doctors diagnosed the condition as Brain Hemorrhage. After 29 Months in Coma, he passed away on Tuesday. May his Soul RIP.

So another case of stupidity of talking on mobile phone while driving. The Driver may walk out after few years, but a life is gone forever for someone's stupid action. Will post the News Paper clipping shortly.
Sarvodaya is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 05:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Noted Theatre Personality AN Ramesh, a victim of Road Rage died yesterday after being in Coma for 29 Months. Ramesh who was on his way to Airport pulled up behind a Car near Signal. When the Car in front did not budge even after the signal turned green twice, Ramesh honked repeatedly. This enraged the Car Driver who came out and rained blows on Ramesh Face and Head. Later, Public thrashed the Car Driver and handed over to Police. The Car Driver confessed that he was talking to his girl friend on the phone and got enraged.

Ramesh who was injured very badly manged to drive home and narrated the incidence to his Family Members. He went to bed and slipped to Coma. Doctors diagnosed the condition as Brain Hemorrhage. After 29 Months in Coma, he passed away on Tuesday. May his Soul RIP.

So another case of stupidity of talking on mobile phone while driving. The Driver may walk out after few years, but a life is gone forever for someone's stupid action. Will post the News Paper clipping shortly.
How terrible to read things like this,
What is our Bangalore coming to and in that sense, what is our India coming to?
What can be so terribly wrong with our basic attitudes and going further, our Law and Order enforcement systems?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 08:59   #3
BHPian

Default re: Road Rage Victim & Theater Personality AN Ramesh Dies

Deep Condolences for this incident. Bangalore is going from bad to worse, the issue of driving license to general public and cabbies should be freezed for atleast 2-3 years. BMTC buses also need strong message that their nuisance will not be tolerated. Many times due to buses and autos incidents like these happen bu they escape scot free and others are caught. Bangalore traffic police were the best till few years ago but after 2007-08 there is a continuous drop in the implementation of rules and penalty which is why there is such a rise in these activities.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 11:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Saw this news in today's Bangalore Mirror as well. Very sad end for no fault of his!

A week back when I was exiting from my apartment gate, a Ford Fiesta was in front of me waiting to enter the road against the traffic. at least 3 cars were behind me. Since the apartment is on a busy Main Road, it always takes some time to enter the road. But this guy was not moving even when he got a couple of chances to cross the road, I thought he might me a new driver and hence squeezed through the gap that was available only to see that he was on phone and didn't even bother that he was holding the traffic behind him. I could only shake my head and move on.

With the kind of incidents happening these days we never know what is in store for us if we question the offenders.

Its not just cabbies and the BMTC drivers, there are well-educated folks as well on the road who show no respect at all to the fellow road-users and cause these kind of incidents.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 12:48   #5
BHPian

This is sad news. Hope the accused is now charged for murder and spends his life in the jail!!

Seriously, things will turn for the worst if these cab guys are not dealt with properly.

Best, carry a short club or a nunchaku under the seat for one's personal safety!
vinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 15:54   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Road Rage Victim & Theater Personality AN Ramesh Dies

Here is the Bangalore Mirror Article. Now a days travelling on Road is like traveling in Hell. Daily I see people talking on their Mobile Phone and driving (two wheeler, cars, buses including volvo bus) without any sense. I feel most people think it as a fashion to talk on Mobile for hours. A disaster is waiting to happen at every corner. Calls for tough laws to ban mobile while driving.

Ramesh_1.pdf
Ramesh_2.pdf

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 21st February 2013 at 15:57.
Sarvodaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 17:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Read this in the paper today. Shocking to say the least. This could have easily been any one of us. If the guy in front of you does not move when the signal turns green, honking is a natural reaction. More so when you see the guy is talking on the phone!

I really hope the accused is now tried for murder as he IS a threat to society if left to walk free.

People are just not scared to talk on the mobile while driving these days. From BMTC bus drivers to Auto and cab drivers to private car owners. It seems there is no enforcement from the cops on this menace. Its almost as if talking on the mobile while driving is not an offence any more! The problem is even if one is caught, the fines are so low that no one is scared. Max they will have to shell out some 100 odd bucks. It is high time fines and penalties are revised atleast 10x. It may add to corruption but it will surely be a deterrent.
Santoshbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 18:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Its not just cabbies and the BMTC drivers, there are well-educated folks as well on the road who show no respect at all to the fellow road-users and cause these kind of incidents.
The root cause is cabs, autos and tempo travellers have lot of anti-social elements in the disguise of rehabilitation or transformation, sad that Ramesh was a victim of one such rowdy element. We need tough cops for traffic atleast before situation runs out of hand.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 18:30   #9
Team-BHP Support

Iam just smarting from an incident. At Manipal centre, a new Honda city ka03mq5556 was in the wrong lane turning right.i honked. He would not budge. So I went to the left of him and our mirrors touched. He overtook me on the left and blocked me. I tried opening the window a little to communicate with him but the auto down caught me out and he snatched the key.

Got out and listened to him hurl hurl abuses about my parentage. Then he said act my age bla blah. I told him he had no right to take my key. I need not open the window to speak to him. I kept cool. He then pointed to the mirror and said I scratched it. Told him, it is an old scratch where is the paint on my car.

He saw my club stickers and told me that I was unfit etc. With his kind of language, who the hell is he to tell me that!

Then he said " do you know who I am?"

I said "no, tell me who are you?"

He flipped and took pictures of the car and me, I did like-wise and he slammed my phone out of my hand. I then told him then, lets go to the police and sort it out.

To calm him down, I said , look I am sorry but the mirror touching was not intentional.

He flung my key across the road and drove off. Folks around told me to cool it and carry on.

Note- having passed my Krav Maga G1 self defence. I could have taken him down but my life was not in danger. I think I unintentionally spoilt his day more than he spoilt mine. He had to go down MG road and up Ulsoor Road to retrace his path!

Lesson - auto down windows are a liability!
ajmat is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 18:33   #10
BHPian

What a sad incident indeed for no fault. My prayers for the departed soul, while my curses for the accused and all those like-minded people.

Every new day is beginning to look like a struggle for life.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 19:46   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Ramesh who was injured very badly manged to drive home and narrated the incidence to his Family Members. He went to bed and slipped to Coma. Doctors diagnosed the condition as Brain Hemorrhage.
What exactly happened here, from the medical point of view? Weren't the injuries visible from the outside?
smartcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 20:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
What exactly happened here, from the medical point of view? Weren't the injuries visible from the outside?
No the injuries were not visible from outside. The Cab driver landed blows on the head and punched his face several times. The injuries were not visible externally. Ramesh took some pain killers and went to bed. When he did not get up next morning, family members took him to hospital where he was diagnosed with Brain Hemorrhage (internal bleeding in brain) and has slipped into Coma. He was in Coma for 29 Months and passed away on Tuesday. Doctors advise that if you have been injured very badly with no signs of external injuries, it is better to get body scanned for signs of internal bleeding / damage. This will prevent further complications.
Sarvodaya is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 22:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Iam just smarting from an incident...
Ajit. It is absolute rubbish when this kind of harassment happens to people like you- people like you are old Bangaloreans! Im stunned. What sort of chap was this guy?

Last edited by noopster : 22nd February 2013 at 14:55. Reason: Please don't quote a large post in its entirety
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 23:10   #14
BHPian

It is so sad to read this incident in the morning. I mean some people have just lost the sense of being humans. I cant understand why people are so angry and frustrated? Why so much anger and hatred?
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 02:03   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember reading about this incident the next day in paper. Never knew he was long suffering from this! Poor guy lost his life for no reason of his! May God give strength to his family.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote