Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2014, 17:37   #301
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,151 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Thanks, Lepakshi is where I intend to go.
In that case you may escape without paying the tax since the collection booth is still further ahead towards Hyderabad.

Also, I guess you are aware that Zoom reimburses AP / TS road tax.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 18:38   #302
BHPian
 
black_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Yes I'm aware of the reimbursement policy. Hope that vehicle assigned to me has its taxes paid, and I need not visit the checkpost. If that's not the case, I'll have to make a longer trip. I would not want to take any risks.
black_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 16:51   #303
BHPian
 
black_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

I'm back from my Lepakshi trip; had taken a Zoom XUV. The RTO tax part for 7 seater vehicle is 2650 and 500 extra is collected as penalty for offence U/S 200(1) of MV Act. Only God knows what offence I committed by walking into RTO checkpost and paying up voluntarily. Although you get a receipt for the complete amount, I learnt the hard way that Zoom reimburses only 2650, and the rest is to be borne by the driver. Their website does not mention this

So, its kind of unfair for the driver who takes a particular car for the first time to Andhra.

They've also made their car pick-up and drop formalities, what they call, keyless. You just walk up to your designated car, use your Zoomcar mobile app or send sms to a given number to unlock car. Get in and fill out a checklist on tablet present in the car and zoom off. When returning also you have to fill a checklist on the tablet, keep tablet and key in glove box, shut the car and it'll lock by itself after some time. You do have to stand near it till it locks. No intervention needed from any attendant.

Although a nice concept, it did not work out seemlessly for me. I was unable to log in to fill checklist because of some technical issues. Had the customer support fill out checklist for me at their end.
black_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 17:34   #304
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,716
Thanked: 2,478 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
They've also made their car pick-up and drop formalities, what they call, keyless. You just walk up to your designated car, use your Zoomcar mobile app or send sms to a given number to unlock car. Get in and fill out a checklist on tablet present in the car and zoom off. When returning also you have to fill a checklist on the tablet, keep tablet and key in glove box, shut the car and it'll lock by itself after some time. You do have to stand near it till it locks. No intervention needed from any attendant.

Although a nice concept, it did not work out seemlessly for me. I was unable to log in to fill checklist because of some technical issues. Had the customer support fill out checklist for me at their end.
How do they verify whether the vehicle is returned in the same condition without extra scratches and dents?

If after returning the car, after a couple of days they raise a claim on me saying that there were scratches on the car, how do I dispute their claim? Upto now their executive would do a quick check in front of us and certify that the car was returned in proper condition.
Santoshbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 18:37   #305
BHPian
 
black_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
How do they verify whether the vehicle is returned in the same condition without extra scratches and dents?

If after returning the car, after a couple of days they raise a claim on me saying that there were scratches on the car, how do I dispute their claim? Upto now their executive would do a quick check in front of us and certify that the car was returned in proper condition.
I too had some questions. And the guy over there confirmed that no one will personally receive the car while returning. But I did not ask him the "what ifs". I just made a video of the complete car, documenting existing dents/scratches when taking delivery, like I do always.

Yes, I did go inside their office, because I wasn't really sure if this is exactly how its gonna work. And I needed to pick up a child seat for my kid.
black_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 11:50   #306
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 501
Thanked: 333 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Recently I had rented a scorpio from JP Nagar location , a few pointers.

1. The SMS to unlock did not work , I had to call the customer care to get it unlocked , the pickup location is in a basement and probably mobile signals were weak.

2.The car had a broken front bumper , plenty of scratches on the hood and rear panels. The pickup site was poorly illuminated and hence I did not notice this in the beginning. The images on the tablet were quite misleading . Fortunately , the fleet executive acknowledged this and agreed that the car was damaged earlier. He later promised to update the images.

3. The dash board light was kaput. I had no idea how fast I was driving while returning from work at 7PM.
girimajiananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 12:16   #307
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
500 extra is collected as penalty for offence U/S 200(1) of MV Act. Only God knows what offence I committed by walking into RTO checkpost and paying up voluntarily. Although you get a receipt for the complete amount, I learnt the hard way that Zoom reimburses only 2650, and the rest is to be borne by the driver. Their website does not mention this
What is that penalty for? Does the receipt mention anything? Meaning, is it a printed receipt or just a handwritten one? What did Zoom say while denying payment of that amount? This is the first time I am reading about this issue, unless some others have already reported it and I missed reading it.
ILTDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 21:56   #308
BHPian
 
black_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
What is that penalty for? Does the receipt mention anything? Meaning, is it a printed receipt or just a handwritten one? What did Zoom say while denying payment of that amount? This is the first time I am reading about this issue, unless some others have already reported it and I missed reading it.
Zoom support just said they reimburse only 2650 and I did not push further. Attaching receipt for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car: Self Drive Rentals in India-imag0293.jpg  

black_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 11:33   #309
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 99
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

^Sorry to say, but you were fleeced big time by those guys.

U/S 181 with a simple google search reveals driving without a license or minor driving the vehicle. And U/S 200 (1) is basically compounding that offence. Of course, zoom won't re-imburse for driving without a license. But, I can understand your pain of driving with family and avoiding any arguments especially with cops.

We are still living in an age where if you don't know some one up, any traffic police or even policeman for that matter can stop you, impose any fines on you regardless of how law-abiding you were.
jagzrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 12:30   #310
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Based on the above explanation, were you actually driving without a license? Or, was someone else driving the vehicle at that time or the cops just made you pay the fine for something else and put this section there.
ILTDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 13:45   #311
BHPian
 
black_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
^Sorry to say, but you were fleeced big time by those guys.

U/S 181 with a simple google search reveals driving without a license or minor driving the vehicle. And U/S 200 (1) is basically compounding that offence. Of course, zoom won't re-imburse for driving without a license. But, I can understand your pain of driving with family and avoiding any arguments especially with cops.

We are still living in an age where if you don't know some one up, any traffic police or even policeman for that matter can stop you, impose any fines on you regardless of how law-abiding you were.
I did produce my license in original, to pay the taxes. So, they cannot have that reason against me. I was driving myself, they did see that, and asked me to park in their parking lot. They did not catch me for anything, I voluntarily drove up to them.

Zoom does mention 300 under heading "handling charges" (Their website says 2840 + 300 =~3140, which is pretty close to what I had to pay). I thought these are the charges covered under "handling charges". And since RTO provided me a receipt of the full amount, and I thought Zoom would be reimbursing me the whole thing, I did not argue.

I think, this is standard procedure for RTO. And standard procedure for Zoom as well. Its the driver who has to bear the brunt of RTO acting smart. The least Zoom can do is be clear about it on their website. They do mention "handling charges" on their website, don't they?
Just have to add a star over there and mention that "handling charges" won't be reimbursed.
black_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 14:27   #312
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

What is intriguing is that the receipt mentions "driver admitted the offense". I for sure, would not have liked it or agreed to pay a fine for an offense that I did not commit. But then that is just me, sitting in an AC room and saying what I would have done. How I would have behaved if my family was with me, I do not know.

Can the experts throw light on this, is this common only for AP or for other states as well?

I agree with you on ZOOM being clear on what those handling charges are up front and IF they would be reimbursed or not.
ILTDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 20:53   #313
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: 31 Times
Default re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quick question on the Kerala taxes:
I will be entering Kerala from Kutta (Coorg) to go to the Tholpetty safari. I'm assuming there would be a forest check post at the border. Do I pay the taxes there? Anyone Zoom'ed to this location before?
ozzyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2014, 10:32   #314
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,626
Thanked: 9,103 Times
Default

Just got an email from Zoom guys that they have expanded to Gurgaon as well.

On the flip side, a family friend booked an XUV 500 at my suggestion for a Goa trip. Couple of days before he went and inspected the vehicle and was shocked at how badly maintained it was (dirty and decrepit looking, in his words). Cancelled the booking and hired an Innova with driver from his regular taxi service instead.

Zoom needs to realise that people are going to value things like cleanliness and look & feel much more in a self drive than a conventional taxi.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2014, 10:42   #315
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,004
Thanked: 21,585 Times
Default Re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurga

ZoomCar has started operations in Gurgaon.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa? viper Shifting gears 105 16th August 2017 17:59
Self-driven Car Rentals - Push Tours and Travels (Goa) scopriobharath Other Cities 2 20th November 2015 18:39
Wagon R - Self starter problem - replace coil or self? aargee Technical Stuff 28 7th March 2010 09:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks