Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 10th August 2017, 20:26   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Today in one of the side roads of Bangalore. I'm not sure why this man was in such a hurry. There was a queue of vehicles waiting for a truck to enter a warehouse when our man, jumps the queue and tries to cut in front of me. I would have let him, but I had not noticed him. Then He starts blaring the horn from behind me. I stick near the median giving him space to overtake from the left, but he stays behind. He continues honking startling the people around so I stop. He comes on to my left and starts elocuting in flawless Kannada using flowery words. I just wonder why these things happen.
Just to inform, I was on my way to pick up my kids from school. All the school bus drivers are known to me and some even are my patients. So I don't think I was in any real danger.
You should just show the camera and tell them to mind their business. Trying to make them understand the situation is of no use. Just tell them you have everything recorded and will show him. Then they will change their tone. Typical illiterate village guys with delicate egos. If it were a seasoned driver he should have simply overtook you and carried on with his business. Instead, he can't do that but ouch, someone cut into his lane and he needs to show off his vocabulary.

On the other hand, if I have these specimens honking at me and the road ahead is clear, they will just disappear from my RVM. These are the guys who lug the car at the center of the road at 40kmph as if they own the streets. Also, in such situations, its better to just carry on and give him another chance to overtake. Never stop and try to have a word. These ego freaks dont usually confront themselves and when they are confronted, they really cant justify, leading so dirty talk like this. In fact to be frank, I have heard worse language when there is a cabbie cabbie rift. There is a vocabulary-bee contest that happens which will later turn into a fist fight, and so on. This is pure entertainment. Hence, it is best to leave those classes of people to deal with their own types. We shouldnt do the same with them.

Last edited by audioholic : 10th August 2017 at 20:50.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote