Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 10th August 2017, 20:26   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Today in one of the side roads of Bangalore. I'm not sure why this man was in such a hurry. There was a queue of vehicles waiting for a truck to enter a warehouse when our man, jumps the queue and tries to cut in front of me. I would have let him, but I had not noticed him. Then He starts blaring the horn from behind me. I stick near the median giving him space to overtake from the left, but he stays behind. He continues honking startling the people around so I stop. He comes on to my left and starts elocuting in flawless Kannada using flowery words. I just wonder why these things happen.
Just to inform, I was on my way to pick up my kids from school. All the school bus drivers are known to me and some even are my patients. So I don't think I was in any real danger.
You should just show the camera and tell them to mind their business. Trying to make them understand the situation is of no use. Just tell them you have everything recorded and will show him. Then they will change their tone. Typical illiterate village guys with delicate egos. If it were a seasoned driver he should have simply overtook you and carried on with his business. Instead, he can't do that but ouch, someone cut into his lane and he needs to show off his vocabulary.

On the other hand, if I have these specimens honking at me and the road ahead is clear, they will just disappear from my RVM. These are the guys who lug the car at the center of the road at 40kmph as if they own the streets. Also, in such situations, its better to just carry on and give him another chance to overtake. Never stop and try to have a word. These ego freaks dont usually confront themselves and when they are confronted, they really cant justify, leading so dirty talk like this. In fact to be frank, I have heard worse language when there is a cabbie cabbie rift. There is a vocabulary-bee contest that happens which will later turn into a fist fight, and so on. This is pure entertainment. Hence, it is best to leave those classes of people to deal with their own types. We shouldnt do the same with them.

Last edited by audioholic : 10th August 2017 at 20:50.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 09:18   #227
Senior - BHPian

Cricketer Ambati Rayudu got into an altercation + came to blows with a middle aged pedestrian. The video in this tweet starts with both of them exchanging foul language in Telugu, before Rayudu steps out of his car and starts trying to beat up the pedestrian, while both are restrained by passers by.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/903236166509510656
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 10:48   #228
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today in one of the side roads of Bangalore. I'm not sure why this man was in such a hurry.
It is sad that you had to go through this ordeal. I've come across such imbeciles myself. A rule of thumb that I follow if they start honking behind me is to just let them pass. If they pull up and start getting confrontational and abusive, just roll-up your windows and save yourself from their tirade and let them drive past. Any gesturing with hands or verbal volleys will only instigate them further.

You are most likely to catch-up with them at the next intersection/junction and they end up looking like fools.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 16:21   #229
BHPian

Saw this road rage incident video in FB.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialIns...8210246703563/
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 16:41   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

From that link:
Quote:
Legends says he's still screaming "Bahar aa.."
This was one of the craziest videos, I have seen in a long time.
Good that the car guy did not get out as it might have escalated really bad.

Reminded me of an old road rage incident, I was involved in.
Heavy traffic and behind me was a car that kept honking like crazy. I turned around from my bike and asked the guy if he wanted me to fly over traffic. Since his car windows were up, I did this by sign language.

He started screaming his head off. Now the guy is inside a car. Windows up. No sound is getting out. All I can see is him moving his face in the funniest way possible. I could not control myself and started laughing.

He found that was worse and came out of his car and snatched my bike keys. I am still laughing because this is ludicrous.

I can fight him but its a long traffic jam and honestly why delay others who are stuck behind us.
So I tell him to return my keys.

He tells me that, I should sit in his car and come along so he can teach me a lesson.

As he said that I am looking down at him. Now I am not a tall guy. But he was a good 5-6 inches shorter than me. I am also considerably larger than him. As he looks into my eyes, I can see a spark. A tiny spark inside that told him that this is not going to turn out the way he wants it.

He throws my keys towards my bike. I walk and pick them up. He sits inside his car. Then traffic moves. We go our way.

Now you may wonder what made me react so calmly.
I have kids.

This boy behaved like young son used to when he an infant and spoiled his diapers.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 17:01   #231
BHPian

Quote:

I read the comments under the FB post. It appears that this guy was angry because this driver almost ran over 2 pedestrians while driving up to this signal. This guy was helping out strangers by trying to get the driver to step out of the car.
Yusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 17:41   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
I read the comments under the FB post. It appears that this guy was angry because this driver almost ran over 2 pedestrians while driving up to this signal. This guy was helping out strangers by trying to get the driver to step out of the car.
Might be true or might not be (No idea as the person in the car has not said his part) but still that does not warrant him to act like that. Note down the number and file an FIR is what he should have done.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 18:04   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today in one of the side roads of Bangalore. I'm not sure why this man was in such a hurry.
Looks familiar area to me, is it behind Vivanta YPR ? Such guys are all around the city. I see this species mostly at signals ! Last month a private innova driver was tailing me in a hurry at Hebbal signal, but not going ahead in spite of giving way. I had to turn left, his route was straight towards Manyata. Signal turned green, as soon as I put the left signal, he rushed in full speed, came infront, braked hard, opened the door and came towards me. I had nothing to do with that behaviour, because there was plenty of space for him to pass or wait for me to turn and disappear. Worst situation is all this happening right under the hebbal flyover where 3 roads have to cross each other at signal changes. This man made me touch his rear bumper by his hard braking, now his argument is "why did I delay to put the left indicator" ? Certain questions have no explanation on road. I see majority of drivers turning wherever and whenever without any respect for the people around. Now keeping the indicator ON was a fault !! Anyway, I called him to the extreme left with the cars, gave my card and told him "if you have any issues, call me later". He had no say !! All this while the cops at the centre median were just staring at the whole thing !! Unfortunately my dash cam was memory full and no footage to prove my point My general feeling towards such incidents is the EGO playing high with such silly minds. They will honk when there is no space to pass. They will fight for stopping at signal. They will be tailing you to find a reason to fight. Best option is to stay calm and smile. There is nothing we can do about it !

Quote:
Wow, proves how dangerous its to fight with someone inside the car with the engine still running ! He would have gone under the wheels !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote