Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 11:06   #76
BHPian
 
sajusherief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

As a prelude let me say that I support only safe driving. SAFE!

Come on, we applaud when we read Vettel started driving at the age of 6 and a karting champion at the age of 8 and criticize when an Indian genius does it. I dont see a need for the brickbats this little genius is getting. I would definitely give my car keys to an expert 10 year old than a 25 year old adult, who holds a driving license from the day he turned 18 but knows nothing about driving! Yes, but not on a public road. I'm quite sure that majority of we bhpians must have started driving/riding by or before the age of 15. Only difference could be that we were not filthy rich to afford such rides and we got no publicity. Seen 2 videos of this boy driving a ferrari and evoque and from the way he took the bumps and how he parked, I bet at least 25% of license holders in this country are no good even to park like that. For those who said about the accidental press on accelerators, did you all notice the way he took the bump and how he stopped the car?

I blame his father not for giving the car keys, but for uploading this to youtube for publicity! IMHO this thread should be closed for avoiding further publicity.

Again- I support SAFE driving!

Last edited by sajusherief : 12th April 2013 at 11:08.
sajusherief is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 11:13   #77
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,625
Thanked: 9,096 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic
Yeah,he's a 10 year old kid and he's driving a ferrari.So?Whats to bash the kid or his parents so much for?
If it is being done on a private road where no harm can be done to the public,whats wrong with it?Its his money,his cars so he can do whatever with it,who are we to comment on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carheadbanger
Kids looks very composed and skillful, they are enjoying the drive and not trying to show off.
I came across this thread a little late but had seen the video linked on Facebook. Your posts would definitely have been deleted / edited otherwise.

This cannot be stressed enough: Team BHP encourages safe driving practices at all times. Endangering public safety is unacceptable. Any more posts that are admiring in tone to what the videos show WILL be deleted.

Since some members seem to have an inside track with the parents of the kid driving, I urge you to please talk some sense into them.before some horrible tragedy occurs. Failing which, please alert the authorities to take strong deterrent action on these misguided souls. It always bemuses me that you need a license to drive but not one to procreate. Parents need to be more responsible than this.
noopster is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:00   #78
BHPian
 
Geo_Ipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vellore
Posts: 381
Thanked: 304 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
As a prelude let me say that I support only safe driving. SAFE!
......
Again- I support SAFE driving!
SAFETY, my friend its not just not having had an accident. It is also making sure that it does not happen in the future.

A 10 year old driving a car on a road with people on it is not SAFE. Kindly change your perspectives!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:05   #79
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 625
Thanked: 399 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Come on, we applaud when we read Vettel started driving at the age of 6 and a karting champion at the age of 8 and criticize when an Indian genius does it. I dont see a need for the brickbats this little genius is getting. I would definitely give my car keys to an expert 10 year old than a 25 year old adult, who holds a driving license from the day he turned 18 but knows nothing about driving! Yes, but not on a public road. I'm quite sure that majority of we bhpians must have started driving/riding by or before the age of 15. For those who said about the accidental press on accelerators, did you all notice the way he took the bump and how he stopped the car?
Oh Come on sajusherief, you are taking such a diplomatic stand here!

From the tone of your post I see several sentences where you are trying to buttress the incidence but you are masking that by repeatedly saying "I support safe driving".

In the Evoque video the kid is literally stretching all the muscles he has in his neck to look what is ahead.

Also, in both the videos I didn't find anything which was praise worthy on the kid's part.
The part in which he crosses the speed breaker you are telling is quite neat but its an automatic right ? Just press the accelerator (which he does like "vroom" "vroom") and the job is done!
There was nothing extra ordinary about it!

As others have posted, ask the kid to drive a humble Alto and see if he is able to even launch the car

And not just Vettel, almost all F1 drivers start at the same age; but they do not drive massive road cars around public roads. They become "karting" champions and not "road car" champions. Need I say more ? The word "karting" says it all.

And calling him a "genius" is the insult of a genius!!

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:24   #80
BHPian
 
mmmjgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: BOM, PNQ, DXB
Posts: 398
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

The CMV rules also state that the owner of the car cannot let a person under age to drive or one who does not have a license to sit on the drivers' seat while the engine is running. There are punitive processes against the person in whose name the car is registered. The gentleman/lady who so ever has posted the video has posted evidence of his/her crime.
mmmjgm is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 12:42   #81
BHPian
 
sajusherief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
A 10 year old driving a car on a road with people on it is not SAFE. Kindly change your perspectives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
From the tone of your post I see several sentences where you are trying to buttress the incidence but you are masking that by repeatedly saying "I support safe driving".
.........

Also, in both the videos I didn't find anything which was praise worthy on the kid's part.
-Bhargav
I'm not trying to buttress the incident and definitely not changing the perspective of safe riding. I'm strongly against the whole incident shown in the video and taking/posting the video as well. I'm in the league of those who think his dad is to be punished!

The only thing I'm not against is the driving skill of a 10 year old! Not anyone who can launch an Alto can drive a Ferrari (am ready to stand corrected if anyone things the other way round). I'm supporting GOOD DRIVING SKILLS, may it be anyone, but not done in an illegal manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
....but they do not drive massive road cars around public roads.
-Bhargav
No one can authoritatively say that, who knows, they must have once! I won't comment on anything which I don't know.
sajusherief is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 12:50   #82
BHPian
 
carheadbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calicut
Posts: 218
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I came across this thread a little late but had seen the video linked on Facebook. Your posts would definitely have been deleted / edited otherwise.

This cannot be stressed enough: Team BHP encourages safe driving practices at all times. Endangering public safety is unacceptable. Any more posts that are admiring in tone to what the videos show WILL be deleted.

Since some members seem to have an inside track with the parents of the kid driving, I urge you to please talk some sense into them.before some horrible tragedy occurs. Failing which, please alert the authorities to take strong deterrent action on these misguided souls. It always bemuses me that you need a license to drive but not one to procreate. Parents need to be more responsible than this.
If you have quoted my entire post,that makes it clear that i was not supporting unsafe driving.
carheadbanger is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 12:57   #83
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,637 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
The only thing I'm not against is the driving skill of a 10 year old! Not anyone who can launch an Alto can drive a Ferrari (am ready to stand corrected if anyone things the other way round).
Wrong. Modern supercars really, REALLY easy drive in full Auto mode, which clearly is the case here. There is no talent involved whatsoever.

Clarkson proved us this point in his own tongue-in-cheek style in the Gallardo LP560 review
Attached Images
 
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 13:06   #84
BHPian
 
swami.n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN-10
Posts: 249
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

100% sure, the father should not have given the car to the kid on public roads & must not have done the blunder of uploading the video.
Some sort of punishment needs to be given for setting a precedent to others. This may start a trend of lot of under-aged drivers uploading videos.

But in real time, if we are talking about following rules and laws, what can we term the reality shows using small children for singing and dancing to make money? Is it not child labor? But we all tend to praise the kids when an 8yr old sings a film song superbly, when small kids wear reveling outfits in the dance shows.

But suddenly we all start following rules when a kid is seen driving a supercar. Now a days I see a lot of school kids taking activas and some even motorbikes to school. We dont care about that, do we?

Last edited by swami.n : 12th April 2013 at 13:10.
swami.n is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 13:18   #85
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 625
Thanked: 399 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
The only thing I'm not against is the driving skill of a 10 year old! Not anyone who can launch an Alto can drive a Ferrari (am ready to stand corrected if anyone things the other way round). I'm supporting GOOD DRIVING SKILLS, may it be anyone, but not done in an illegal manner.
saju Sir, I learned driving on a Zen Lxi which we all know is a manual.
But I didn't have any trouble when I once drove my brother's automatic 3 series.
And why in the world one should have trouble driving an automatic?

Its like saying one can ride a bike but he cannot ride an Activa (!?!)
However, the reverse is possible, one can ride an Activa but definitely there's a possibility that he cannot ride a bike.

And the kid here hasn't done anything which exhibits "good driving" skills right? He hasn't done any drifts or that kind of fancy stuff which we can call skillful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Wrong. Modern supercars really, REALLY easy drive in full Auto mode, which clearly is the case here. There is no talent involved whatsoever.

Clarkson proved us this point in his own tongue-in-cheek style in the Gallardo LP560 review
Haha! Thanks for the share Scorcher.

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 12th April 2013 at 13:21.
Octane_Power is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 13:19   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 860 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Saw this on FB!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 13:20   #87
BHPian
 
sukhoi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 323
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Wrong. Modern supercars really, REALLY easy drive in full Auto mode, which clearly is the case here. There is no talent involved whatsoever.

Clarkson proved us this point in his own tongue-in-cheek style in the Gallardo LP560 review
What if the auto mode fails for some reason? And what if the child without knowing pushes some button which shuts off the the auto mode? There are several risks associated with this. Anything could have happened. Well, the intent of the discussion here should be whether this a right or wrong behaviour of people in general. To that extent I think many agree it was wrong on the part of adult to indulge in such a dangerous stunt.
BTW, even aircrafts are flown in full auto mode (including take off and landing) most of the time, but only skilled pilots are supposed to sit in the cockpit.
sukhoi30 is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 13:27   #88
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,579
Thanked: 3,479 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
But in real time, if we are talking about following rules and laws, what can we term the reality shows using small children for singing and dancing to make money? Is it not child labor? But we all tend to praise the kids when an 8yr old sings a film song superbly, when small kids wear reveling outfits in the dance shows.
You are missing a point here. There is a reason for setting a legal age limit for driving, and providing a driving license.
Under-age driving can be extremely dangerous for the kid driver and also the public, whereas a kid expressing himself/herself by singing or dancing is not yet deemed as dangerous or life-threatening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n
But suddenly we all start following rules when a kid is seen driving a supercar. Now a days I see a lot of school kids taking activas and some even motorbikes to school. We dont care about that, do we?
I think majority on this forum do care about that and will not promote such acts.
vb-san is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 13:34   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,465
Thanked: 692 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

If the kid was driving in his compound it was different. There could be somebody else on those roads, isn't it?

The fact that its a Ferrari makes me even more jealous
srishiva is offline  
Old 12th April 2013, 14:09   #90
BHPian
 
sajusherief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
saju Sir,
.....
And why in the world one should have trouble driving an automatic?

-Bhargav
it feels so weird to hear someone calling me sir, call me anything but sir

It's not me or you driving an automatic, but a 10 year old!
Moreover, controlling 500+ horses "is no child's game" !
sajusherief is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Classics, One Car - 81 year old Packard and 101 year old owner karlosdeville Beyond Borders 5 29th August 2016 00:42
96 year old sells 55 year old Italian Fiat for Nano !! emkay456 Shifting gears 14 11th May 2009 14:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks