Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 16th May 2013, 18:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Harassed on the road? Soon, SMS / Tweet to notify Cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My point was that if someone isn't competent to do their job then instead of trying to correct that they are asking citizens to do what the cops should be doing. Nothing wrong in it except that they get paid the same salary month on month irrespective of the fact whether they deliver what is expected out of them or not.

I'm not against the police force leveraging technology, but if they need citizens to tell them the very basics then no amount of technology is going to be enough. Are we saying that they have taken appropriate action against all unsafe areas that they were aware of prior to the 'red dot' campaign?
Lets not get into the argument, are they working for salary, else 3/4th of corporate India's workers should get sacked and I am not talking about the govt sector.
I am sure even now the police know which area contains what crime, also most of the time which criminal has commited which crime, but since they have no accountability, they keep sheltering criminals. With the website, it will be hard for police to ignore crimes when the statistics show otherwise. Along with RTI, media and public pressure they will be forced to act, to justify their posts.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 21:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Harassed on the road? Soon, SMS / Tweet to notify Cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Lets not get into the argument, are they working for salary, else 3/4th of corporate India's workers should get sacked and I am not talking about the govt sector.
They aren't civil or public servants and definitely not waiting for citizen's initiatives to help them do their work. Not to mention that citizen's aren't contributing to their salary through taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
With the website, it will be hard for police to ignore crimes when the statistics show otherwise. Along with RTI, media and public pressure they will be forced to act, to justify their posts.
That is what remains to be seen. Lets come back to this thread after a year, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote