Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2013, 12:27   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Toppled by Reviewer - Emergency Assist Dhamaka

I'm still not clear about the Emergency Assist Service and how it worked.

- How does the Ambulance get data on where the car is. I read it is GPS co-ordinates. How is that passed on to the Ambulance People? Is it read by computerized voice?
- How does the car get GPS co-ordinates? What if the synced phone has GPS disabled? That might just pass on a wrong location.
- I myself don't know how to reach a place with just co-ordinates. And I'm not sure if the Ambulance driver will.
- In this case, are we sure it was the Emergency Assist Services and not someone else that called the Ambulance? It might be someone from Ford, some journalist in another Ecosport, a passerby or a local.
Old 22nd May 2013, 18:59   #77

I bet Ford would not have tested it as this close to real time. I also believe the driver had been carried away a wee-bit to put to test all safety features of Ford Ecosport... Glad everyone is safe and unhurt. Safety features working under simulation and real-time scenario is a different ball-game. Glad the results match.
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

Glued to this thread as its just less than a week since I convinced my uncle not to settle on Duster and wait for EcoSport showing of our own threads .

However this incident looks more of a people error rather than machine error. And yes a good automobile journalist need not be a good driver!
Old 25th May 2013, 09:16   #79

think the one behind the wheel was pushing too hard on the S curve.....ecosport is low in height & CG and still toppled ..that says it all.
In the end what matters is safety
Closed Thread