Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 26th February 2014, 21:52   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Get fined for driving fast - Alipiri to Tirumala

Drove to Tirumala recently.
Both ways couple of vehicles overtook me including local taxis and private vehicles. For sure they have reached before time as I myself managed to reach the gates almost at the prescribed time limits but didn't notice anybody being fined.
But these time restrictions helps people in reminding them not to hurry, which was in my case.
IndianNomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 13:37   #17
BHPian

Just came across this thread and was completely surprised.

I drive to Tirumala every 3-4 months on an average but never knew this nor got caught anytime. I usually do Alipiri-Tirumala in about 25-30 minutes, similar time taken for downhill. The thing I do is, I follow lane driving and change lanes only for overtaking. It makes driving thru the hills so much fun.

I was there last June (7-June-2014), going on 17-Oct with Darshan tickets for 18-Oct.
prashkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 14:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Drove to Tirumala recently.
Both ways couple of vehicles overtook me including local taxis and private vehicles. For sure they have reached before time as I myself managed to reach the gates almost at the prescribed time limits but didn't notice anybody being fined.
But these time restrictions helps people in reminding them not to hurry, which was in my case.
The cops are not very stringent on this. Our guy just explained him that we had to catch a train and he just smiled and let us go. The important thing is this will be a deterrent for the drivers. I guess this should be followed suit in other ghat areas like Srisailam too. Kudos to the TTD to have come up with this.
Inquilab28 is offline   Reply With Quote