Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 19th June 2006, 03:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I've heard about this. I believe they were travelling at over 200kph and none of them were strapped. The whole family died,i believe.

PS: Or maybe i'm assuming a different accident.
Yes, the whole family died. It was very unfortunate. I don't know if they were wearing belts, they might not have been as that's the case usually. But i doubt if the belts would've helped as the car split into two.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 14:23   #17

Default Delhi - Sarita Vihar

Well, I have a sad story to share. Saw a pup fallen into a drain. Was trying to come out, I pulled it out and left it in the corner. Came after an hour to find it dead, a car had run over it. Felt guilty for removing it out if the drain. Probably would have survied if I'd not taken it out. Sorry for the , wanted to ease the guilt by sharing with u guys, Anyway the incident is 3 years old, but still pains me.
pandabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 20:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

It was unusual. And I will not be surprised if you dont believe what I am saying here.

Driving down Kanakapura Rd today, and as usual scanning the road ahead. Our driver was at the wheel, so made it easier for me.

Saw three dogs on the side of the road, and dont know why I continued to look at them as we passed by. One was squealing in pain, trying to get further away from the road. The other two seemed to be trying to give it some moral support ..

Seemed to have had it's hind legs run over. There wasnt any blood around, so felt a little ok about that. But what I saw next was gut-wrenching: that one dog had pulled up both it's hind legs, and trying to hop on just it's front legs to get away - the pain that was evident in it's squealing, the absolutely 'super-human' effort that it put in, to hold up both it's hind legs while it tried to get away ..

I hate to see animals being hurt, even if un-intentionally. wish I could have done something for that dog ..

Please do slow down when possible for animals. With cattle, please, please definitely slow down.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote