Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st November 2013, 23:32   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Mobile Phone triggers explosion at Fuel Station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Thankfully, this is now "Officially" allowed starting Monday in some US airlines. And by end of the year in most. This was basically since testing shows mobile phones do not inetefere with Aircraft (some flights actually sell WiFi, and some are planning to sell GSM service in-flight).
Have already used in-air wifi "officially" in Delta in Dec end2012/Jan2013 (was free!!). It worked brilliantly. They were even having a test phase of gsm calls from your mobile in some other planes at the time (not the one I was on though).

I think if electronic gadgets of ours could really cause security concerns they would really not allow it at all onboard, like they dont allow gas lighters, firecrackers & similar stuff. I dont mean to say that mobiles wont cause interference. They will, but if it was really life threatening they would not allow them to be in the hands of people for potential misuse.
Anyways newer aircrafts are toughening up against interference so all this should be gone in a few years

Good mythbusters video on the topic at hand!

Last edited by anks_at : 1st November 2013 at 23:56.
anks_at is offline   Reply With Quote