Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 25th September 2012, 22:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Also is it worth claiming insurance or better off paying cash? Kindly advise on the same.
Check this thread, the above question has been discussed in it: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cing-part.html (Which is better? Denting or replacing the part?)

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 10:10   #17

Default Re: Swift Dent

Even I Have minor dents and some major scratches..so welcome to the club and no need to worry. Guys at MASS always advise on paying for minor repairs without opting for insurance, at least in the first year of ownership( mostly for NCB). Having said this, what does insurance do anyways if it doesn't cover cost of ownership.
But dents and scratches need to be repaired as in the long run it may lead to rusting .Even if there are no major damages a yearly check up and maintenance and probably a 6-month interval detailing is helpful.

Some of my scratches are deep enough and only a repainting can solve it, so waiting for some time before I get a repaint and a detailing job.
balajisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 17:59   #18
BHPian

Hi. Can Chennai Bhpians suggest a good local garage for removing my minor dents on my swift bonnet and fender? I guess all they require is just to use vacuum to remove these body dents as the paint is intact. MASS May ask a premium to do this. Also my front bumper has hit a manhole and has caused a damage to the bottom lining of the bumper which requires a tinkering and painting job. Suggestions for a known garage by you will be appreciated. I stay at egmore.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote