Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 13th January 2014, 04:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Why the media blackout on the Aston Martin crash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Jr. Ambani would have learnt a lesson by now
The lesson being that he can get away with anything.
carboy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 15:06   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Also that the whole world loves to see the rich and the powerful go down. And complain loudly when they are robbed of that privilege.
blacksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 16:31   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
now come on. Does the son of the most powerful businessman in this country need to learn something like that?
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 23:49   #154
Joy
BHPian

Just one thing, I have just read the first page & last three pages. My simple query is:

1) Isn't over speeding (beyond control) crime in India?

2) Honda Crv's are following a chauffeur who fled the scene after accident and why if he is not drunk/over speeding beyond control (which chauffeur's rarely do)/some important person. Again, the chauffeur who ran away & rescued by the CRV's with total disregard for Indian law to report the incident and suddenly, surrenders after more than 24 hours or so later (hope some goodwill have prevailed).

3) There is no death involved just because the person is lucky enough to have hit some premiere cars, had it been some normal cars, I think there would have been definitely some casualty. A car with normal driving speed could not have thrown an Audi beyond the divider. I hope you u have all seen the condition of the Aston Martin, what an impact?

Last and not the least, this is my personal opinion, no offence to anybody.
Joy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 15:24   #155
BHPian

as expected - this entire episode has come to it's own slow natural death!

no more discussions about a drunkard rich brat driving recklessly.
no more discussions about how a uber rich father can make anyone bend backwards.
no more discussions about the driver who has taken the blame.

our attitude towards anything not happening to us always surprises me!
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 03:42   #156
BHPian

I didn't follow the entire thread but followed the incident from day 1 and here is my take-

It was reported in online media by many including TOI and ZEE . They reported a accident involving a high end car and an audi with the sportscar being driven at high speed. No name was mentioned , article from both sites were removed without explanation in less than 24 hours.

Mukesh Ambani has a near monopoly on Indian media so the intial blackout was natural. This is as per forbes themselves who also reported the incident and its lack of coverage .

After massive outcry in social media why incident was not being covered , it suddenly appeared in every media site and paper though none of them worded it in a manner which suggested anything more than a reliance driver had wrecked a car with no one inside .

TOI even reported the compensation awarded to the audi a4 and the hatchback owner - an audi a6 and a skoda superb. Both party said compensation was from insurance but I will like to get my vehicle insured by this generous company which upgrades your vehicle in less than a month .

The driver who presented himself next day as the driver was not arrested , his story was the vehicle was out for service. Let me remind you this was around midnight , didn't know aston's service centre in india works on UK time. :O

Originally the social media/blogs mentioned 2 dead while subsequent reports have not reported any such thing . I guess a false report.

The way I see it , yes it is unfortunate but if I were the audi/hyundai driver and knowing indian system as I do , I will call it a good settlement. Nothing to be gained out of pressing charges .
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 12:37   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post

The way I see it , yes it is unfortunate but if I were the audi/hyundai driver and knowing indian system as I do , I will call it a good settlement. Nothing to be gained out of pressing charges .
If you can't beat them, join them.
There was no way that Hyundai and Audi driving folks would've endured the legal drama of our country to nail the suspect.
alpha1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2014, 06:27   #158
BHPian

OT: I guess its a known secret that we all knew who the chubby figure was being referred to in the thread. I couldn't resist putting it down here. He must have turned 18 now. I notice a chubby figure being introduced as the Owner of a certain IPL team.

So hey that driver, drive safe.
selvagp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 16:53   #159
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The crashed Rapide was lying outside Gamdevi Police Station for all these months, but since past 2 weeks it has disappeared from its usual place!
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote