Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th February 2014, 08:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Actor Sonu Sood lifts SUV to clear road

Was surprised to see the actor get out of his cosy ride and help. The actor must have thought that this is the opporutnity to put to use those beefed up muscles. Surely he couldnt have lifted the SUV from the rear all alone, must have got help. But good to know he atleast attempted in clearing the traffic. Did he go the gym later coz he must have already done his daily qouta of exercise.?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 10:25   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Actor Sonu Sood lifts SUV to clear road

Well I have witnessed a Maruti Alto, once being lifted clear off the road and placed over an open ditch by around 10 men in Mussoorie near the Library, where it was blocking the road leading to an enormous traffic jam.
So, something similar, with help from a number of others, is entirely possible in this case too. But, certainly not alone!
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 15:37   #18
BHPian

The news made me snort my tea out and choke for a good two minutes. Well, it seems pretty obvious he was helped by a few other people but how newswriters come up with such catchy titles is something i always wonder about. Time to learn the art of writing titles that is.
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 17:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
The news made me snort my tea out and choke for a good two minutes. Well, it seems pretty obvious he was helped by a few other people but how newswriters come up with such catchy titles is something i always wonder about. Time to learn the art of writing titles that is.
Even if he was a part of the group, its quite commendable for him to do that. A nice gesture indeed.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 14:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

The car looks the size of a Fiat Uno. He does lift it

msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 16:30   #21
RWD
BHPian

Looks like Sonu Sood's PR team is trying hard to pitch him for the role of Clarke Kent in the next Superman installment. While I can believe that perhaps Sonu Sood along with 10 other men lifted the rear end of a car parked diagonally and pushed it parallel to the curb. But I find it highly unlikely that, Sonu Sood, alone, lifted a SUV from the road and pushed it in an empty parking slot nearby, all by himself.
RWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 15:06   #22
BHPian

Quite possible I think. I once was a witness to such an attempt. A hardware store rickshaw puller, ones who cart iron. He was of quite muscular built. He lifted a maruti van ( driver in the driver seat) from the rear side upto his knees. It was a friendly banter with the driver of the van of his employee. So if one has the strength to lift the rear just a few inches and roll one can do it. Even I pushed a Thar alone which was blocking my car. It was in neutral though.
inder is online now   Reply With Quote