Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 2nd February 2018, 16:03   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent

Used Myles Duster AWD from Chandigarh for my trip to Mashobra (Shimla) from 26th Jan to 30th Jan 2018. The pick up and drop was smooth and easy. The car allowed to me had done 25000 odd kms and was in a good mechanical condition. However the exteriors of the cars had several scratches and dents and few bits like electronic ORVM was not functioning.

However the Duster had brand new tires, the clutch was good and did its job perfectly through out the trip. I chose AWD because I was expecting snow and it did help me during my drive to Kufri where several cars were skidding and sliding all over.

In all a good experience. My security refund was initiated the next day and hopefully should reflect in my Account soon. INR 250 has been deducted from the deposit since the car was dirty when returned which I have accepted. I did get it washed before leaving Shimla but got dirty by the time I reached Chandigarh. A couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_5437.jpg  

Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_5485.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 16:16   #272
BHPian

Query Post

I with my wife and 1 year old daughter are planning to travel to Coorg from Bangalore.

I will be taking an early morning flight from Mumbai -> Bangalore (pick up the self drive from Airport) -> Coorg(by evening).

Total drive (including roaming and return) is expected to be approximately 800 Kms. This will be covered in a span of 4 days.

Help required regarding:
1. Route from Bangalore to Coorg (any points en route will be nice).
2. Which self drive rental is advisable for ease?
3. What car would be better on this route? (Swift/Figo/Verna/Ecosport)

Thanks.
iamahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 03:22   #273
BHPian

I am going to attend a marriage at Valsad (with family), Gujarat on 20th Feb. Now I am planning to rent a self driven car from Pune for a week. I need your expert advice on the following points

1. If I drive a self driven car from (MH Registered) Pune to Gujarat any tax/ permit I have to buy? If so how much it costs? Also please advice where to get the permit.
2. Have checked various companies offering the self driven cars and found mychoize.com and VolerCars.com are offering cheaper rates. Can we go with one of these companies? Any feed back on them would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Query Post

Help required regarding:

Thanks.
1. Bangalore - Mysore - Coorg is the shortest and safer route. I have travelled on these route last month, except speed brakers (till Mysore) the road till Coorg is good.

3. In my opinion, a Swift is more than enough for this route as the route is mostly well laid tar road. An ecosport will give more pleasure to drive.

Last edited by Samurai : 5th February 2018 at 12:15. Reason: B2B post
ForeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 10:22   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Query Post

I with my wife and 1 year old daughter are planning to travel to Coorg from Bangalore.

I will be taking an early morning flight from Mumbai -> Bangalore (pick up the self drive from Airport) -> Coorg(by evening).

Total drive (including roaming and return) is expected to be approximately 800 Kms. This will be covered in a span of 4 days.

Help required regarding:

Thanks.
On the route. Best to refer/post on this thread for any recent updates and for any specific questions you have.

The main roads are all in pretty good condition. Unless your destination or your plan involves any kind of off-beat roads, you should be good with any car.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 12:11   #275
BHPian

It seems that Myles have stopped service in Goa. Even in week days no cars seems to be available.
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 21:45   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Query Post

Thanks.
I am planning a trip of around 900 kms spread over 7 days ex Bangalore Airport till Udupi and back. What company did you choose? I am thinking of Drivezy as they have an Airport pick up and drop. ( Ruled out Zoomcars due to bad experiences on tbhp). Planning to choose the 774 kms package including fuel and the cars available at Airport are Bolt, KUV100 & Xcent. May choose the Xcent.
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote