Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

View Poll Results: Does Anticipating preempt sudden actions?
Yes 194 82.91%
No 2 0.85%
Not always 38 16.24%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th July 2016, 18:02   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Anticipation - The hallmark of a Good Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Another thing that can hamper judgement is emotional reactions.

Million times this. I definitely feel that in addition to following rules and anticipation (which comes with practice), there is another very important thing, and that is to drive with no-rage mode.

While driving to and fro office everyday (2.5 hours commute everyday) many times fellow commuters (bikes, taxis and autos especially) do something which induces rage to no bounds, but I have practiced thoroughly to not react to it in any way other than dust it off and move on.

Many BHPians would agree that controlling your anger is a sign of good driver and IMHO, it's a habit you can employ from right on, (in contrast to anticipation which takes time to develop before you start "using" it) to become a better driver.

Just my 2 cents.
RPM1500 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote