Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th March 2012, 10:46   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Traffic Ticket in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I am kinda happy with the progress the cops are doing.
Guess, I spoke too soon. I have received another traffic ticket dated Feb16, voilation location is Peenya. I was at work in electronics city, my office swipe in, swipe out records can prove that.

I am in no mood to pay the fine. Also there is a possibility that someone is using my plates. Here is what i found in BTIS website.

Quote:
In recent years, through the use of technology, Bangalore Traffic Police has increased the number of evidence-based challans issued for traffic violations. This has made it easier to confirm to the public that the fines were issued justifiably. However, there continue to be instances where people believe that they have been erroneously fined. The police have now come up with a proceedure for redressal of the such complaints.

Here are the options available to the public.
  • The complainant can visit the automation enforcement centre at 13 th floor, Public Utility Building, M G Road and can verify the evidences collected by the centre before sending the notice.
  • If the violation is raised through video surveillance then the video clip can be viewed in our web site.
  • If the violation is raised through SMS/facebook/e-mail/IVRS, then evidences provided by the citizen's can be verified.
  • If the violation is raised through field traffic violations(FTVR) entered by junction constables, the Officer i/c of automation centre will verify the FTVR slips to check for any mistakes.
  • If mistake is detected or the complainant provides any evidence for non-usage of vehicle,then the notice will be cancelled.
The Additional Commisioner (Traffic) has also clarified that the letter sent to the owner of the vehicle which is involved in the violation is only a police notice, and not a charge sheet. Therefore the notice can be cancelled any time if mistakes at the time of making entry are detected.
mac187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 11:24   #62
Senior - BHPian

I have a query. About 2 years ago, I had parked my car on the service road near Innovative Multiplex, Marathahalli. Some 15 minutes later when I returned, I saw the parking ticket. Even though there was no 'no parking' board around, I paid the fine online with my credit card.

Recently, fellow BHPian alstonlobo did a search with my car's number and found that the ticket still comes as unpaid. I can't find any link in BTP website to report this. I have the screenshot of the online receipt (in fact, it is shared in my Facebook profile :-P). So, who can I contact, without taking the trouble of travelling to the Utility building (which is 30 km from my house)?
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 16:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I have a query. About 2 years ago, I had parked my car on the service road near Innovative Multiplex, Marathahalli. Some 15 minutes later when I returned, I saw the parking ticket. Even though there was no 'no parking' board around, I paid the fine online with my credit card.

Recently, fellow BHPian alstonlobo did a search with my car's number and found that the ticket still comes as unpaid. I can't find any link in BTP website to report this. I have the screenshot of the online receipt (in fact, it is shared in my Facebook profile :-P). So, who can I contact, without taking the trouble of travelling to the Utility building (which is 30 km from my house)?
For marathalli area, there is a center near old airport(arival road) thats where i paid the fine for parking near innovative
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 16:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:

This was expected. You may go ahead and follw-up as above ^. But, taking the trouble to make this payment at the nearest BangaloreOne center guarantees that you have a receipt at hand immediately after the payment which you can definitely FLASH at those cops if they ever stop you. That way, you can ask them cops to take a hike with their BERRYs.
mempheS.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 21:05   #65
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Recently, fellow BHPian alstonlobo did a search with my car's number and found that the ticket still comes as unpaid. I can't find any link in BTP website to report this. I have the screenshot of the online receipt (in fact, it is shared in my Facebook profile :-P) . So, who can I contact, without taking the trouble of travelling to the Utility building (which is 30 km from my house)?
Are you sure ? I recently had a ticket that was showing up on the Bangalore traffic website against my car's registration number. I paid the fine at the Bangalore one center on Old Aiprort road (BESCOM office building).
Now, when I check for fines on my car I don't find any coming up on the website. I also have a printed receipt from Bangalore One as proof in case I ever need to show proof of payment
Please try on this website for your car:
Search for Traffic Violations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
For marathalli area, there is a center near old airport(arival road) thats where i paid the fine for parking near innovative
I think you're referring to the Bangalore one center on Old Aiprort road (BESCOM office building).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 02:45   #66
BHPian

Not sure if this post is related to the topic but I really hope the BTC start fining vehicles who park along the International Airport Road. They tend to slow down traffic and cause inconvenience to other passers by. Culprits are mainly private vehicle drivers who do not want to pay Rs60 for 1 hour parking while waiting for the owner to arrive. BTC must check on them, am sure plenty will be fined.

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 15:58   #67
BHPian

Default Bangalore - Wrong no parking ticket

I frequently check the http://www.btis.in/ for traffic fines on my cars. When I checked today, i found a parking violation against my Alto. I retrieved the details from Bangalore One website and I have not been to the area mentioned in the details. I suspect this is a wrong notice ( the number must have been entered incorrectly. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove this other than challenging the other party to prove it. The parking ticket also was not kept on the car. the easiest solution is to pay the fine and forget about it. Has anyone encountered such an issue before. If yes, how did you resolve it?
pramodpk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 16:23   #68
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Bangalore - Wrong no parking ticket

Pramod, essiest way is to pay up and ignore. But, challenging it is the most effective way to ensure you are not paying for an offence you have not committed. You can probably start with a message on the BTP facebook page.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 16:25   #69
BHPian

I too have face a similar situation. I was fined for signal jump at Peenya signal, but the date mentioned in the notice was a working day and the car was parked in my office parking lot at Electronic City! Unless my car is a reincarnation of Tarzan-The Wonder car, there is no way it jumped that signal.

After reading about similar issues, I learnt that if you want to challenge it, you have to visit the traffic control room office and ask them to show the proof. If there isnt one, they will withdraw the notice. I choose parting with Rs100 better than spending half day at the traffic center.
mac187 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 16:26   #70
BHPian

HI Pramod,
I have recently encountered similar situation. I was waiting in MG Road for my friend just on the road side and even with my helmet on. A traffic inspector came and parked his pulsar behind me and he did not say anything for 10 mins. After 10 mins he called me and said there is one pending fine against my bike. He has entered my bike's number in his blackberry and it retrieved the fine details as "NO HELMET" at some Junction(sorry i dont remember the place name). I have never took my bike out without helmet and never visited the place he has shown in his Blackberry. I tried to tell him everything and after 15 mins of discussion I just paid 100rs and received a receipt from him and moved on.

Additonally I have found this in the website.
http://www.btis.in/fines
On the right hand side you see the announcement sections "Wrong traffic ticket? BTP issues guidelines"
NaveenKBorra is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 18:45   #71
BHPian

I will also pay up and forget it. Hope this is not a trick to meet some revenue target.
pramodpk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 18:55   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
HI Pramod,
I have recently encountered similar situation. I was waiting in MG Road for my friend just on the road side and even with my helmet on. A traffic inspector came and parked his pulsar behind me and he did not say anything for 10 mins. After 10 mins he called me and said there is one pending fine against my bike. He has entered my bike's number in his blackberry and it retrieved the fine details as "NO HELMET" at some Junction(sorry i dont remember the place name). I have never took my bike out without helmet and never visited the place he has shown in his Blackberry. I tried to tell him everything and after 15 mins of discussion I just paid 100rs and received a receipt from him and moved on.

Additonally I have found this in the website.
http://www.btis.in/fines
On the right hand side you see the announcement sections "Wrong traffic ticket? BTP issues guidelines"
If i am not wrong, they cannot fine you with a proof. They need to provide a photograph has proof indicating that the mistake has been committed.
svdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 21:11   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
If i am not wrong, they cannot fine you with a proof. They need to provide a photograph has proof indicating that the mistake has been committed.
When I asked for proof he was simply showing the Blackberry screen. After paying the fine he has shown the same way before by entering my registration number and it displayed "NO PENDING FINES". yeah I forgot to tell that case was recorded in feb 2010 . But I did not receive any letter to my home.
NaveenKBorra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 11:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

I received a wrong parking notice at my home some days back, when I checked the date/time and the area mentioned the ticket is all wrong as during that time we were visiting Elephant Rock road near Jayanagar 3rd Block but the ticket mentiones Oil Mill Road near Banaswadi

I have messaged in BTP facebook page, lets see whats the issue.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 11:50   #75
BHPian

I had a weird experience with tickets. In Sep of 2011 I got a ticket by mail at home for lane violation at Kundanahalli jn Whitefield. I had kind of expected this and hence was not surprised. The incident - I was at the signal from ITPL side turning right towards Marthahalli. Signal turned green and I was behind a Volvo. Volvo decided to stop in the middle of the turn and then completed the turn while the signal turned Red. I was stranded at the signal.

I promptly paid the ticket within a day or two. In Jan of 2012 I get exactly the same ticket with exact same details except the date of incident which was indicated as Sep 2012 (yep, a future date). I checked with a payment centre in BTM layout and as advised wrote to the enforcement center with copies of old and new tickets, receipt, a cover letter with explanation etc.

Several months later at the BTM layout AXA signal, a traffic cop knocked on my window and informed me that there is an unpaid ticket against me. I checked and it was the same ticket. I explained to the cop and he let me go. I think the ticket is still open against me. I have to do something about this but wanted to share it here as well.
Mnjdnght is offline   Reply With Quote