Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 9th July 2006, 12:24   #1
BHPian

Angry Never Let Anyone Drive Your Baby!!

It was a nice sunny day in Sydney, so decided to take my car to the car wash..

(water restrictions in this country (AUSTRALIA) surrounded by water does not allow you to do this joyfull sunday afternoon chore yourself)

So i took it to this car wash close to home, run by a a bunch of Indians employing students who have no clue most of the time....most of them are suitable to DO NOTHING...except for sitting on their backside.

Gave the guy the keys to the car (BIG MISTAKE) and left to get a bite to eat with a mate. THe guy came running behind me and asked if i had any Kill switches he should know off (i said yes and deactivated all of them just leaving the autocop on and explained how it worked to him)

On my return the car was parked in the basement looking as good as new..
drove back home with a smile on my face...

when i got out of the car and did the regular 360 degree survey before leaving..saw a big dent on the back with my rear bumber out of place...

i quickly drove back to the car wash place...abusing the MORON while drivving talking to myself...trying to do some wooooossssaaaaaa as well...(calming down)

The guys had gone home for the day!!!!!!!!!!!

He probably left the car in gear and did not understand the working of a turbo timer and turned the ignition off....the car backed into the carpark railing...thus doing the damage...

This country also does not allow you to break someones face.....even if they ask for it.....

thankfully i know a guy who owns a smash repairs joint and owes me a favor...

MORAL OF THE STORY....Please explain every bit of your car to anyone who happens to drive it...even if the wisearse thinks he/she knows everything!!!!

Better Still....DON'T LET ANYONE DRIVE YOUR PRIDE AND JOY...(INCLUDING THE GIRLFRIEND)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Post Edited. Watch your tone.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th July 2006 at 23:14.
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 12:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about that R32. I know how bad it feels when somebody else hurts your car has happened to me a few times. And yes I too never give the car to anybody to drive, if I accompany them then maybe once in a dozen blue moon's they will get to drive it otherwise there is no question.

But anyways my sympathies are with you and hopefully the damage will be repaired soon and she'll be good as new!!

P.S. Never ever in your life trust car parking attendants/valets with your baby especially not if its modified in anyway 'cause they will try some **** on it & screw it up.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 12:57   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad !!!! But its a GTR how could u even let someone else touch the keys hahah
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 13:56   #4
BHPian

GTR Boss...Point taken..however..The fault is also your own.." You left for a bite..which could have a waited till the car was not in the washing chamber..! " I'm sure no one knows everyone elses cars so well...Maybe you could have just been there till they had not actually started cleaning it..! The Moral should also be " That stay with your machine till actual work has not started on it "...! I don't know how many of us are aware..But in the Indian Army there is an unsaid rule that " The soldier Truck is his best friend..Never does a soldier leave it alone..If there is a damage which needs it to be parked overnight...the soldier sleeps in or under the truck".
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 14:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

And people laugh at me when I shun the valet to circle three blocks for parking.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 14:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

sure man I dont give my car even to my wife......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 14:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
GTR Boss...Point taken..however..The fault is also your own.." You left for a bite..which could have a waited till the car was not in the washing chamber..! " I'm sure no one knows everyone elses cars so well...Maybe you could have just been there till they had not actually started cleaning it..! The Moral should also be " That stay with your machine till actual work has not started on it "...! I don't know how many of us are aware..But in the Indian Army there is an unsaid rule that " The soldier Truck is his best friend..Never does a soldier leave it alone..If there is a damage which needs it to be parked overnight...the soldier sleeps in or under the truck".
TRUST ME...IF I COULD LIVE AND EAT IN IT.....I WOULD....BUT ONE JUST CAN'T...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
And people laugh at me when I shun the valet to circle three blocks for parking.
THREE BLOCKS...THAT IS FUNNY MATE....

Unfortunately parking is the biggest hassel here...Most of the times you gotta do it yourself...

CAR WASH...have to give it to someone else.....These morons think they know everything just coz the get to drive a lot of cars for a minute or 2....

And frankly....NO ONE knows these things about every car....The TURBO TIMER thing is too common...

Last edited by aah78 : 13th July 2006 at 23:09.
Old 12th July 2006, 11:15   #8
BHPian

i totally agree with u viper, no valet service for me pls. cant trust these morons for driving my babe.
naveendhyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 12:10   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to hear about your care Mate but yes you have to be carefull about these 'I know all' kind of attendants.
Pardon my ignorance but can you tell what is this Turbo timer thing ??

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th July 2006 at 12:12.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 13:19   #10
BHPian

Sorry to hear bout your car... I know how it feels.
I had left my car to be Valet parked in a 5 star hotel and when I got it back, the side of the car had huge scratches. I noticed when I was filling-up just after I exited the hotel. Went back and tried to speak to the manager, he called the valet guy and that chap simply refused saying that he did nothing and there was absolutely no way for me to prove it. Since then I prefer to park the car myself.. I do get laughed at by my friends, but I've learnt to ignore them coz the heart-burn to see your car damaged is far more than the laughs.
Also notice the valet slip the hotels give you... there is always a disclaimer on it which says that they are not responsible for any kind of damage or loss. And never give your car for valet parking near shops n other small places... you don't even know if the guy who takes your car is really a valet of that establishment. Its like handing over your car keys to someone you don't know and can't hold anyone responsible.
madhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 15:04   #11
BHPian

how could u leave a gtr with some car wash guy. Even when i get my RB for a wash i get the external wash only the internal i get it done under supervision or otherwise do it myself.

if i had a GTR would LOVE to do it myself only or get the grime off and later machine wash it.

sorry to hear of ur pride.

its such a dent u wouldnt want to get insurance claim either for fear of higher premium.

take care of the babe its a rare sight to see one these days.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 18:44   #12
BHPian

I just got the outer body wash....but they had to move the cars due to heavy demand for a simple wash....so had to handover the keys...it had been raining all last week...had to get rid of the grime....will try to get a quote tomorrow...

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd July 2006 at 01:19.
Old 12th July 2006, 20:30   #13
BHPian

R32 Pal i can just imagine what must be your state of mind when you found a big dent in your vehicle, i think you are lucky enough to get away just with the dent that too in rear imagine if those guys if they mishandled knowingly or unknowingly & hit it from front how much the damage would have been
i still remember once in local garage a zen had fallen down in a pit while the mechanic was parking in reverse.
I think we all should learn something from this one cannot leave their prized possession on the hands of some irresponsible people, even though if you have to one should be present in front & keep an eye on it, some times even i have observed they are very careless in doing their job.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 14:10   #14
BHPian

NO ONE and i mean no one gets to drive my baby ..

get to hear a lot about being so tightfisted with my car keys

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 13th July 2006 at 14:12.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote