Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th July 2006, 12:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Toll Booth woes

I have to drive from Chembur to Vashi and back daily for my workplace. The toll for this is Rs 25 one way ie Rs 50 daily. Also there is a Montly Pass System that frequent travellers can avail of -
Rs 870 for single toll booth pass
Rs 1000 for all toll booth's entry pass.

I use the 1000 rs pass every month and this pass has to be renewed monthly.

June 21 - I get a pamplet at the Toll Booth stating that the Quarterly and half Monthly pass systems are being introduced from July'06. That brought cheer to me (waiting to get your pass renewed every month is not a happy affair)

June 22 - I sent my man to enquire how to avail of this facility. They gave him a form where one has to fill all details like car number, owner name, pass required..etc. All this had to be submitted before 25 June '06 but a catch - HALF MONTHLY SYSTEM IS NOT CONSIDERED ONLY QUARTERELY PASS WILL BE ISSUED.

June 23 - Sent my man back with all details filled to submit the form. Form submitted. We were asked to collect the LAMINATED PASS on the June 30 or 1st of July.

June 30 - While going back to work I decided to ask them whether they had the pass - NEGATIVE they said....come on Monday July 2nd.

July 2 - While going to factory in the morning , enquired about the pass , answer was will come later in the day. On my way back at night , I again asked , answer tomorrow.

July 3 - While going to factory in the morning , enquired about the pass , answer was will come later in the day. On my way back at night , I again asked , answer tomorrow.

July 4 - While going to factory in the morning , enquired about the pass , answer was will come later in the day. On my way back at night , I again asked , answer tomorrow.

July 5 - While going to factory in the morning , enquired about the pass , answer was will come later in the day. On my way back at night , I again asked , answer tomorrow.

July 6 - While going to factory in the morning , enquired about the pass , answer was will come later in the day. On my way back at night , I again asked , answer tomorrow.

July 7 - While going to factory in the morning , enquired about the pass , answer was will come later in the day. On my way back at night , I again asked , answer "SIR YOUR FORM HAS BEEN MISPLACED." So right there I filled up a new form and gave it to him. Asked me to collect the pass next day.

July 8 - July 11 - While going to factory in the morning , enquired about the pass , answer was will come later in the day. On my way back at night , I again asked , answer tomorrow.

And mine's is not a one off case - every day I see atleast 3-4 poeple come in to enquire about their Quarterly Pass.

So what started off as an initiative to ease travelling problems has turned into a bigger headache for the daily commuter.

And the best joke - the guys at the toll booth say please collect your pass its already come

Cant we do anything right in this country ? What sadistic pleasure do these people get in troubling people ?
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 18:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

LOL - Pioneer , that was not my point. But yeah have gone thru the way you mention , but not to save some $$$ but to save time - as it comes out ahead of the toll booth.

And besides , it will look downright silly and cheap - if I drive a 10 lac rupee car and avoid paying 25 Rs !! hehe
Old 11th July 2006, 18:59   #3
BHPian

stuff like this makes one want to

the toll bridge between delhi and noida ( the DND Flyway) has been fairly well organised and prompt with their responses. I put up one of those automatic units in the car and it saves a lot of time during peak traffic hours (its along with the gold card and has a seperate lane through which one can drive through)

From what i understand, the DND is a profit making company and is soon constructing another branch connecting the flyway to a place called mayur vihar (accross the yamuna, on the delhi side of the border)
Captain Pings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 21:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pings
(its along with the gold card and has a seperate lane through which one can drive through)
Pass holders have a seperate lane here too - the only problem is that its a free for all ....so even though we have passes we have to wait in line..
Old 11th July 2006, 21:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its a real test of patience....

I just did a road trip trivandrum-coimbatore by road n some of the toll i had to pay where quite unbelievable.....All toll paid ranged between Rs 2 - 7....Every booth i was searching for coins to pay them

KP
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 22:54   #6
BHPian

did'nt mention in earlier post, the charges on the DND project are being revised too. Its now going to be revised soon to 17 INR per trip for a gold card holder ( think about 20/- for normal passage)

the total distance is about 6 Kms (4 lanes each side with 14 m paved width) . It is said that the average distance saved during a passage is about 5 km per trip!

the proper name of the operating company is the noida toll bridge co. ltd
www.ntbcl.com

let's hope they continue to keep delhi-ites happy and satisfied !

Last edited by Captain Pings : 11th July 2006 at 22:56.
Captain Pings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 11:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer
Even Mercs come via this way.
Whats wrong with people maan?
Old 13th July 2006, 05:07   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
May be some driver trying to save a few bucks.
sfilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 17:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Update - Got the pass a couple of days back , finally.

And now the hot news - on the Chembur - Vashi route, AUTOS have now started plying. Get ready guys for MISERY !
Old 29th July 2006, 17:41   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
.. just did a road trip trivandrum-coimbatore by road n some of the toll i had to pay where quite unbelievable.....All toll paid ranged between Rs 2 - 7....Every booth i was searching for coins to pay them
Wonder if it was designed by a New Jersey returned NRI, and inspired by the tolls on the Garden State Pkwy.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 11:30   #11
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Now we know how they get Mercs.

On a serious note i dont get the point of charging such high toll now Rs. 25 when the roads are really pathetic and there is useless lightning at night.
Mp421b is offline   Reply With Quote