Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 17:03   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Step up, thanks for sharing your experience and glad no one got hurt. I am glad that you have learnt from your mistake and realize how bad it could have been. Thank your lucky stars for that.
I understand that you would have been in a position where even though you agreed to your fault, the comments and the attitude of the other parties disgusted you. However, put yourself in your shoes, how would you react if you were just driving quietly and someone smashed into you. Not a pleasant feeling, so dont be upset. Different people react differently and as we are all car lovers, we can understand how much even a scratch hurts, your fault or not.

Regarding the insurance part, i dont understand why others would lose their no claim bonus (though i am sure there is some fine print we cant avoid). I thought your insurance should cover the entire cost of their repairs, you being the main driver for the accident. Or if other parties claim their own insurance, they should get your insurance to pay for theirs.
Not an insurance expert so would like to know from other experts in this field.
sammyboy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 17:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,136
Thanked: 1,563 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

You take your eyes off the road and bang into the car in front, which in turn hits the car in front of it. Two cars suffer damage due to your negligence and then you go about calling them morons and stuff. For no fault of theirs (and all fault of yours) why should they lose their NCB ? Beats me.

The only lesson for you should be to keep your eyes on the road, instead of staring at billboards.
supremeBaleno is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 17:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,198
Thanked: 12,759 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

I don't remember the exact car speed but must be around 40 kmph. Suddenly my friend showed me a big hoarding on the beneath highway and I turned my neck, my eyes went off the road ahead.
See the part in BOLD!

Since the above incident has happened due to you and your friend who did show you a hoarding on the highway and to see it you lift your eyes off the road causing damage to others property and you call them "not nice people!"

How convenient. Be happy that you were spoken to in normal tone and not mishandled by the locals out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
To my surprise I had damaged two cars. The Alto in front had rammed into the Dzire ahead of it. All 3 cars stopped in between the road, causing traffic jam.
One doubt, was there a traffic jam ahead before you collided? Why were the Alto and Dzire in the middle of the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
[*]No matter what, don't take eyes off the road even for a second particularly on a crowded road or when you are doing high speeds.
Good, you learnt it the hard way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
[*]Don't be nice to not so nice people. Give them the treatment they deserve.
Not done! Mistake by you and why on earth should they suffer?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
[*]Always Wear seat belts and never buy a Maruti car! (no offense meant)
This one takes the crown! Because it has been damaged by no fault of its, Maruti is bad and so their cars!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 19:21   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,386
Thanked: 1,989 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
...
Regarding the insurance part, i dont understand why others would lose their no claim bonus (though i am sure there is some fine print we cant avoid). I thought your insurance should cover the entire cost of their repairs, you being the main driver for the accident. Or if other parties claim their own insurance, they should get your insurance to pay for theirs.
Not an insurance expert so would like to know from other experts in this field.
That's exactly what the other parties demanded as per OP. But he insisted they were not being just in asking so. Claiming 3rd party insurance is a tedious task - requires FIR, car is detained at the station, then the insurance cos fight it out in the court about who will foot the bill.

Here all the parties settled for out-of-court settlement wherein everyone agreed to use their own insurance (under own damage claim). Hence the other guys stand to lose their NCBs.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 19:38   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,038
Thanked: 1,390 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Boss, you rear end another car with such a force that it damages even the next car, you refuse to pay their NCB (it's none of your business how many times they have been in accident, their past accidents did not dictate your today's actions), you call their families names such as morons and all, and yet give free advice that don't buy Maruti cars? I mean, are you sure there was no brain damage to ANY party involved?

First, thank all the Gods you may believe in that there was no person crossing the street, because sure as hell your super tough figo would have killed or severely injured the person and you would be writing a whole different post.

Second, there was nothing wrong in demanding NCBs because of your rear ending their car. Lucky you that it was not a scorpio chap, else NCBs would be the least of your problems.

Third, after getting a bill of Rs.80,000 on Figo, why are Maruti cars still bad? Because they got damaged in rear ending?

Posts like these really scare me for driving/riding in Pune. It's not the accidents, it's the attitude of the perpetrator that worries me. Hope the damn Metro starts soon.
ani_meher is online now   (15) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 19:56   #21
BHPian
 
StepUP!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 216
Thanked: 373 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

But you're COMPLETELY at fault here.
As it is, you acknowledge your fault about why you crashed.
And, in India, we have this (un)written(?) rule that the person behind is at fault.
Thats that. And onwards, I am on the side of the Alto guy. Why should he claim insurance AND face NCB loss?
Not only should be covering his expenses through your insurance, but if not, you should be paying the balance of the claim, AND covering his NCB loss.
I never said it's not my fault. Going by your logic please tell me why I should pay for the Dzire's damage. As Alto guy couldn't control his car and rammed into Dzire. I know it's illogical but I am just trying to understand your point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Coming to the point about NCB ,Alto guy was not having NCB.
Let us say if he was having NCB of 45% or 50% ,he is losing that because of not of his mistake.For an Alto it may be less amount but people do value NCB.Need to respect what others value.
I appreciate your kind deed of giving them free ride but at the same time having a grudge against them in your heart is not the right way to . You must take the responsibility as you had banged their cars from behind. put yourself in their shoes .They had their day lost just because of this accident.They had their meetings or marriages or shopping postponed now ,for you!

Any way in the future drive safe !
Yes I do understand. But I feel NCB is an insurance company's marketing gimmick. Tomorrow if some insurance company decides to give next year's insurance free of cost for no claims; or say gift a washing machine; am I supposed to pay the whole insurance amount or buy the washing machine for the loss?
So by your logic every demand is justified. As I should arrange for an alternate vehicle for both of them. Pay them towards the mental agony and inconvenience etc?
I think no one deliberately causes accidents. They happen by mistake only. And to err is human. You can't drive on the road saying I can't take risk of damaging my car and everything should be compensated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Sorry, but paying the balance (& not the NCB) was a fair deal. Though the OP was at fault, but then if he wanted, he could have simply shrugged off his responsibility and asked them to deal with his insurer for third party claim.
Thank you for understanding me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Buddy, what are you so angry about? It was your fault to have hit the vehicle in front, and yes, you are liable to pay for their damages from your insurance (tip: read about the third party damage clause). Please don't go on calling them morons/idiots if you are unaware of the rules.
You were lucky it was not a lawyer or a police guy in any of those cars. Had an FIR been registered you would have been liable to pay to the other parties.
I never said it was not my fault. Going by your logic even I can say they were lucky as I didn't have any political connections as I wouldn't have given them a penny. Or they should be thankful that their car was hit by me and not some random truck guy who anyways would have fled and these people couldn't have done anything.
I was angry about the lie. I was angry about the fact that I was alone there accepting my fault and these people were calling up their people and connections with police to pressurize me.
And even an FIR was registered I needn't have to pay anything. My insurance company has to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
Can you let us know the reasons behind this statement?
I was stunned to see the damages caused to Alto and Dzire at such less speed. Shows the thickness/strength of the materials used from safety point of view. Engine oil leakage for a rear ending at a speed of 50 km/hr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Stepup,
Thank your lucky stars that no one was injured in this melee. Certainly you have learnt some imp lessons and shared, thanks for that. It is surely an eye opener/refresher, have seen so many drivers getting continously distracted and its an accident waiting to happen.

Since you had accepted your mistake and paid for other vehicle damages, I guess its time to act on the lessons learnt except for 3rd lessons about buying a Maruti car and move on in life.

I particularly didnt like the fact you greased the palm when you had been fighting right.
I did bribe police as I didn't want an FIR against me and keep visiting courts for such small matter which might have created an issue in future during background checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Sorry to say, but I don't agree with you.If you have caused the accident, you should get the other cars using your insurance - that is why you are paying third party premium when you buy an Insurance coverage.

If I have a NCB of even say 10%, I don't see why I should loose it because the guy behind me was not careful while driving his car. (I agree in your case the Alto guy did not have NCB, but what about the DZire guy? Would you agree to loose your NCB if some one hits from you behind for no fault of yours? )


They (the alto guy) was asking exactly that - they wanted to get their car repaired using OP's insurance. I feel like that was the best get out of here card, but the OP chose not to use it.

Thanks
Anoop
I don't subscribe to this as explained above in other replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Step up, thanks for sharing your experience and glad no one got hurt. I am glad that you have learnt from your mistake and realize how bad it could have been. Thank your lucky stars for that.
I understand that you would have been in a position where even though you agreed to your fault, the comments and the attitude of the other parties disgusted you. However, put yourself in your shoes, how would you react if you were just driving quietly and someone smashed into you. Not a pleasant feeling, so dont be upset. Different people react differently and as we are all car lovers, we can understand how much even a scratch hurts, your fault or not.

Regarding the insurance part, i dont understand why others would lose their no claim bonus (though i am sure there is some fine print we cant avoid). I thought your insurance should cover the entire cost of their repairs, you being the main driver for the accident. Or if other parties claim their own insurance, they should get your insurance to pay for theirs.
Not an insurance expert so would like to know from other experts in this field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
You take your eyes off the road and bang into the car in front, which in turn hits the car in front of it. Two cars suffer damage due to your negligence and then you go about calling them morons and stuff. For no fault of theirs (and all fault of yours) why should they lose their NCB ? Beats me.

The only lesson for you should be to keep your eyes on the road, instead of staring at billboards.
Well calling them stupid had reasons behind; the Alto guy took picture of mine; tried to confiscate me despite showing him my company I card and we belonged to the same company, he was not ready to move from in between the road, he lied about NCB, Dzire guy gathered his people and his connections in police station to frighten me despite knowing I am cooperating and not running anywhere, when I confronted Alto guy about NCB lie; he started abusing me saying I am project manager, I have been at US earning in lakhs, NCB is nothing for me, I will make you pay for this etc



Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
See the part in BOLD!

Since the above incident has happened due to you and your friend who did show you a hoarding on the highway and to see it you lift your eyes off the road causing damage to others property and you call them "not nice people!"

How convenient. Be happy that you were spoken to in normal tone and not mishandled by the locals out there.

One doubt, was there a traffic jam ahead before you collided? Why were the Alto and Dzire in the middle of the road?

Good, you learnt it the hard way!
Not done! Mistake by you and why on earth should they suffer?!
This one takes the crown! Because it has been damaged by no fault of its, Maruti is bad and so their cars!

Anurag.
Why I call them "not nice"; I had replied above. "Be happy that you were not mishandled by the locals" Really? For no life loss, for this damage where I am not running away, I would be mishandled? BTW I am a local here. The Alto guy was not local. I didn't understand your logic.

@ All: NOM to anyone! It's completely my opinion.
StepUP! is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:05   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,255 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I never said it's not my fault. Going by your logic please tell me why I should pay for the Dzire's damage. As Alto guy couldn't control his car and rammed into Dzire. I know it's illogical but I am just trying to understand your point of view.
.

You're joking, right?

Anyway, it's best to accept a mistake happened and let it lie.

Maybe the alto realised he added to the value chain by banging into the dzire and baked his profit margins into the quote submitted to you?
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 20:58   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,386
Thanked: 1,989 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
...
I never said it was not my fault. Going by your logic even I can say they were lucky as I didn't have any political connections as I wouldn't have given them a penny. Or they should be thankful that their car was hit by me and not some random truck guy who anyways would have fled and these people couldn't have done anything.
I was angry about the lie. I was angry about the fact that I was alone there accepting my fault and these people were calling up their people and connections with police to pressurize me.
And even an FIR was registered I needn't have to pay anything. My insurance company has to pay.
No no, they were just unfortunate to have a nice day completely ruined.

I mentioned lawyer and police coz in that case, you would have been subject to correct legal proceedings and there would have been a few more 'lessons learnt' in that opening post. Don't know what else you deduced to state that corollary.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:01   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,025
Thanked: 4,456 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

First, calm down & welcome to Team-BHP. You have made a brave start here. While acknowledging one's mistake is good, you have to understand what others are trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I never said it's not my fault. Going by your logic please tell me why I should pay for the Dzire's damage. As Alto guy couldn't control his car and rammed into Dzire. I know it's illogical but I am just trying to understand your point of view.
Explain to me that why did the Alto driver lose his control? The aftermath is your accountability as well.

If you were in their shoes, you just might have reacted the same, a bit better or worse. We are humans after all.

And why should someone pay out of their insurance to pay for someone else's fault? Would you?

Please drive carefully from next time. And while driving, we take a casual glance at something interesting, but not for long to not notice traffic. I am sure the billboard must be interesting for your friend to ask you to look at it while driving and for you to stare at it for enough time to cause the accident.

Whatever has happened, is past. Move on
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:20   #25
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 146 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

@StepUp!

Enough has been discussed on NCB thing. NCB is just another benefit we get. It is a KEY benefit. You can search T-BHP about NCB and how much one can save. Alto's case might be different. But in general, if i was the Alto guy and didnt had any claims in that year, I would definitely ask for NCB as well or ask your insurance provider to fix my car's damages. That is THE RIGHT option here.
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:26   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 218
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

This is similar to what I faced recently. I managed to crash into a parked Santro near my home difference being I wasn't watching a billboard but was talking to my dad in rear sit with medical condition.
My car managed to get bumper completely spoilt, one headlight broken and edge of bonnet dented. Santro was in real bad shape. In any case, I told the owner point blank that it was my mistake and I would cover everything. The friendly face was managing his car without insurance. Hence I did not opt for a police case as my insurance company would have denied 3rd party liability and he would have been rounded by police as well. I left my car there, took dad for some clinical investigations. On returning took the matter further with insurance company.

ALso I read the policy wordings quite carefully. The third party property damage liability is limited at 6000 Rs anyways.

My policy wasn't zero Dep. My own damages were 9000 Rs. I talked to the workshop where the affected car was. We mutually agreed repairs procedure and I ended up shelling out quite a sum. All in all I happy that I didn't stoopdown for some money and I saved my face in the neighbourhood.

Your lessons learnt were quite relevent to my case.

Hope no one has to undergo similar incidence in future.

I support your anger against the NCB loss compensation. The guy having claimed in that year had lost NCB anyways. Hence encashing the NCB loss from you actually was taking undue advantage.

I was surprised by the repairs quotes though your financial damages were only 2000 bucks. My Maruti had exactly similar repairs but total cost was 23000 only against 80000 of yours. I was a staunch critic of SAI service and Maruti Service Costs recently. I need to rethink. Moreover somewhere I had EcoSport on mind. Need to reassess.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:41   #27
BHPian
 
Chalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

StepUp

Before you call people names - introspect on what you did which screwed their happiness. You mentioned that you have compensated them, think about the resale loss when they have to sell their cars which would be tagged as accident cars - who would compensate on these items.

Regarding NCB - your comments are naive, please educate yourself on how NCB works

Also if the other 2 folks were rigid they could have made you life hell by filling an FIR and you had to go rounds around our courts.
Chalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 21:49   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,198
Thanked: 12,759 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
BTW I am a local here. The Alto guy was not local. I didn't understand your logic.
Read the below quoted post by Chalu, The answer for my 'local' point is answered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
Also if the other 2 folks were rigid they could have made you life hell by filling an FIR and you had to go rounds around our courts.
Exactly!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 22:13   #29
BHPian
 
StepUP!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 216
Thanked: 373 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That's exactly what the other parties demanded as per OP. But he insisted they were not being just in asking so. Claiming 3rd party insurance is a tedious task - requires FIR, car is detained at the station, then the insurance cos fight it out in the court about who will foot the bill.

Here all the parties settled for out-of-court settlement wherein everyone agreed to use their own insurance (under own damage claim). Hence the other guys stand to lose their NCBs.
Yes. If I have to compensate them through my car's insurance then FIR is must. Then our cars would be confiscated. Court case would be filed. And till it's settled we have to fix our cars through our own money which will be compensated later when case hearing is out. I didn't want to go through all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Boss, you rear end another car with such a force that it damages even the next car, you refuse to pay their NCB (it's none of your business how many times they have been in accident, their past accidents did not dictate your today's actions), you call their families names such as morons and all, and yet give free advice that don't buy Maruti cars? I mean, are you sure there was no brain damage to ANY party involved?

First, thank all the Gods you may believe in that there was no person crossing the street, because sure as hell your super tough figo would have killed or severely injured the person and you would be writing a whole different post.

Second, there was nothing wrong in demanding NCBs because of your rear ending their car. Lucky you that it was not a scorpio chap, else NCBs would be the least of your problems.

Third, after getting a bill of Rs.80,000 on Figo, why are Maruti cars still bad? Because they got damaged in rear ending?

Posts like these really scare me for driving/riding in Pune. It's not the accidents, it's the attitude of the perpetrator that worries me. Hope the damn Metro starts soon.

I am surprised to get such wordings from a fellow BHPinan. I am offended. Anyways; "it's none of your business how many times they have been in accident, their past accidents did not dictate your today's actions" of course it's my business as I am shelling out money from my pocket and I don't want to pay unnecessarily.

you call their families names such as morons and all" Well I have explained my reasons earlier.

"yet give free advice that don't buy Maruti cars?" Excuse me but when did I advice not to buy Maruti cars? I opined on something and gave "MY" leanings. From where this advice thing came in?

I don't want to take hypothetical cases like what if he was Scorpio guy; someone got injured etc. Even I can present many.
About getting 80000 bill on Figo, Ford's spare parts are expensive; every possible part was replaced which could have been easily repaired. I am sure it wouldn't have costed more than Rs 10000 to fix it in an outside garage.

Also, people getting touchy about NCB scares me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
First, calm down & welcome to Team-BHP. You have made a brave start here. While acknowledging one's mistake is good, you have to understand what others are trying to say.

Explain to me that why did the Alto driver lose his control? The aftermath is your accountability as well.
If you were in their shoes, you just might have reacted the same, a bit better or worse. We are humans after all.
And why should someone pay out of their insurance to pay for someone else's fault? Would you?
Please drive carefully from next time. And while driving, we take a casual glance at something interesting, but not for long to not notice traffic. I am sure the billboard must be interesting for your friend to ask you to look at it while driving and for you to stare at it for enough time to cause the accident.

Whatever has happened, is past. Move on
Thank you for this warm response! I have moved on long back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
@StepUp!

Enough has been discussed on NCB thing. NCB is just another benefit we get. It is a KEY benefit. You can search T-BHP about NCB and how much one can save. Alto's case might be different. But in general, if i was the Alto guy and didnt had any claims in that year, I would definitely ask for NCB as well or ask your insurance provider to fix my car's damages. That is THE RIGHT option here.
Well I feel writing in caps doesn't make it right. Right / Wrong are subjective. I respect your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
This is similar to what I faced recently. I managed to crash into a parked Santro near my home difference being I wasn't watching a billboard but was talking to my dad in rear sit with medical condition.
My car managed to get bumper completely spoilt, one headlight broken and edge of bonnet dented. Santro was in real bad shape. In any case, I told the owner point blank that it was my mistake and I would cover everything. The friendly face was managing his car without insurance. Hence I did not opt for a police case as my insurance company would have denied 3rd party liability and he would have been rounded by police as well. I left my car there, took dad for some clinical investigations. On returning took the matter further with insurance company.

ALso I read the policy wordings quite carefully. The third party property damage liability is limited at 6000 Rs anyways.

My policy wasn't zero Dep. My own damages were 9000 Rs. I talked to the workshop where the affected car was. We mutually agreed repairs procedure and I ended up shelling out quite a sum. All in all I happy that I didn't stoopdown for some money and I saved my face in the neighbourhood.

Your lessons learnt were quite relevent to my case.

Hope no one has to undergo similar incidence in future.

I support your anger against the NCB loss compensation. The guy having claimed in that year had lost NCB anyways. Hence encashing the NCB loss from you actually was taking undue advantage.

I was surprised by the repairs quotes though your financial damages were only 2000 bucks. My Maruti had exactly similar repairs but total cost was 23000 only against 80000 of yours. I was a staunch critic of SAI service and Maruti Service Costs recently. I need to rethink. Moreover somewhere I had EcoSport on mind. Need to reassess.
That's because service center replaced every possible part. I would say unnecessarily. As it was zero dep insurance on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
StepUp

Before you call people names - introspect on what you did which screwed their happiness. You mentioned that you have compensated them, think about the resale loss when they have to sell their cars which would be tagged as accident cars - who would compensate on these items.

Regarding NCB - your comments are naive, please educate yourself on how NCB works

Also if the other 2 folks were rigid they could have made you life hell by filling an FIR and you had to go rounds around our courts.
Well I agreed in principle to compensate them. My anger is against the lie and undue pressures put on me, abusive language used by Alto guy. I believe driving on a road will always carry the accident risk. I wasn't drunk, neither was driving recklessly. I don't understand why such harsh verdict against me.
StepUP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 22:17   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default re: My Figo's first accident. Rear-ended an Alto

For no fault of those two guys, you messed up their cars and their happiness! And you expect them to lose their NCBs? Ridiculous.

I've been banged very often on my Fiesta's rear, but most of them have only left a small imprint on the bumper. I left those morons off only after reprimanding them. So I empathize with the Alto and Dzire guys completely.

A friend of mine had a 10-year old Alto with zero insurance claims. He was planning to upgrade for a Honda City, and was entitled to a 50% discount on the premium for the new car, which was nearly 10K. But the poor guy was rear-ended that very week, and he had to lose his NCB because of no fault of his.

Owing to the above, you need to own up and understand why people do not want to lose their NCBs. It is good of you to own up your mistake, but some observations of yours on the other two do not seem to be correct.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alto rear-ended by an Amaze: See the results chinmaybaikar Street Experiences 67 15th August 2014 11:23
Booked Toyota Etios Petrol, ended up buying Ford Figo Petrol DevilsCry Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 18th May 2012 10:03
My Alto rear-ended by a fool! BUXX Street Experiences 12 13th March 2009 18:44
My little Alto got rear ended by a Bullet manikjeet Street Experiences 97 21st December 2007 15:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks