Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2006, 18:28   #1
BHPian
 
w 12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Overspeeding Car kills 2 pavement dwellers

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/...72006235936828#

A 33-year-old NRI has been arrested for running over two people sleeping on the pavement in Mahim in the early hours of Thursday.

Nobody deserves this ghastly death.. RIP

When will we learn to understand the limits of our cars or the value of someones life?
w 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:44   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

When will people stop sleeping on the damn roads.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:51   #3
SRK
Senior - BHPian
 
SRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,161
Thanked: 352 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
When will people stop sleeping on the damn roads.
Sir,sorry but they have no where to go so they choose the footpaths which are meant to walk not drive...
I would like to also say that we need to know our capabilities to handle a car,its not going to run as you think after all its a machine that is controlled by man..

Drive Safe guys!!
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:54   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
When will people stop sleeping on the damn roads.
Point!!! Not that i'm supporting rash driving but, u cannot prevent such things from happening. It happens everywhere.

The way i see it, the driver and the victim are both to be blamed.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:56   #5
BHPian
 
w 12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
When will people stop sleeping on the damn roads.

The report says they were sleeping on the Pavement not the road..

and I am sure given a choice even those 2 would have preferred to sleep in a Bungalow..

This car was supposed to travel on the road , not climb the pavement and kill people there.

If it was not these 2 sleeping yestersday, it could be me or you walking back from office on the pavement..and someone else can say when will people stop walking on pavements?

No offence meant..but IMO rashdriving was the cause for 2 deaths..

Peace
w 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:56   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Sir,sorry but they have no where to go so they choose the footpaths which are meant to walk not drive...
But it's not meant for sleeping either. Like I said, can't blame just one of them.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:02   #7
BHPian
 
ritik123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 123
Thanked: Once
Default

Do we have a IPC section for running away from the scene of the crime??. I'm impressed !!.

How did anybody drive away in that opel corsa??

In Bangalore, two wheelers ride on the foothpath during broad daylight and that's OK....so I guess no harm sleeping at night.

The other disturbing article I found in the link mentioned by SRK " 28 yr Female working in a BPO slapped repeatedly by cab driver and then thrown out of the cab". As usual our police were unable to do anything. So much for Mumbai or rather our great country.
ritik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:02   #8
BHPian
 
rareone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 256
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
But it's not meant for sleeping either. Like I said, can't blame just one of them.

Shan2nu
These people have no other choice to sleep anywhere else...

Else they wud also be sleeping in luxury of thier homes...
rareone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:05   #9
BHPian
 
w 12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Point!!! Not that i'm supporting rash driving but, u cannot prevent such things from happening. It happens everywhere.

The way i see it, the driver and the victim are both to be blamed.

Shan2nu
So all BHPians , who use Pavements to walk , beware..

Pavements and footpaths are also now used for speeedtesting and dragracing...and If you are hit by some car. don't worry , It happens everywhere....

Just wondering, if the response would be same if the car had hit some one like us and not 2 poor pavement dwellers..
w 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:08   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Sleeping on the footpath is illegal. Only reason it goes on is because there's too many poor people and nowhere else to put them. Also, they are not a lucrative target for the cops. Fact remains, however, that it is illegal, as mentioned by law.



Like Shan2nu, I believe both sides were at fault here, and that should not be forgotten in the whole "amir-garib" argument that inevitably pops up.

Last edited by adya33 : 30th July 2006 at 20:52.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:13   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Just wondering, if the response would be same if the car had hit some one like us and not 2 poor pavement dwellers..
Why not. The car was in the wrong place and so were the victims. It's sad that it happened but, it could have been prevented from both ends.

There a reason why its called a foot path. Not meant for tyres or sleeping people.

They were both in the wrong place, thats all i'm saying.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:21   #12
BHPian
 
w 12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Overspeeding and killing people is not as same as sleeping on a footpath because you have nowhere else to go IMO.

The police have slapped similar cases on many including Salman earlier. If what you say is true, then there would be no case.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th July 2006 at 00:28.
w 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:27   #13
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

W12, I'm telling you what the law says, there is no need to suggest I have experience sleeping on the pavements.

Last edited by Boom Shiva : 28th July 2006 at 19:28.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:31   #14
BHPian
 
w 12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Why not. The car was in the wrong place and so were the victims. Shan2nu
Something like saying the victims of recent Mumbai blast were in the wrong compartment of the wrong train at the wrong time..

I don't think many people will buy that.. besides by overspeeding you can kill people around you..yet to come across anybody killing or maiming people around them by sleeping on the footpath ..
w 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:36   #15
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 631
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

no one fled fom the scene the car belongs to my friend but he was not driving it as for the girl first thing she did was she went to the police station along with her friend while my friend(owner of the car) stayed at the accident site
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Overspeeding Fine of Rs. 1.24 Lakhs in Kerala KPS Street Experiences 120 3rd September 2013 15:20
SUV Owners and Metro dwellers to pay more (Rs.2) for Diesel? Steeroid The Indian Car Scene 52 14th August 2008 16:32
Another pavement, Another Car running over it & a few more deaths esteem_lover Shifting gears 39 26th December 2007 21:52
Accidents involving pavement dwellers- A discussion amit Shifting gears 58 26th March 2007 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks