Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2016, 05:22   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This is at Chennasamudram toll(Bangalore - Chennai ), again the Fastag lane opened for all vehicles. Maybe they are doing occasionally, but not a good idea at all.
Yeah - I was on Madras-Bangalore route on Friday as well. It was a mess in both the Sriperumpudur toll & the next one. Eased up after that.

Luckily (?!!) we had taken a friend's vehicle and had bought 2-way for just these 2 tolls. While it did not help with the time thru the toll, we were able to choose our gate.

IIRC, the FastTag lane had the longest queue and cleared the slowest!
Old 27th March 2016, 07:31   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Just drove from Kanpur-Gurgaon using NH2, YE and DND. Did not see a single booth with Fastag!
Old 27th March 2016, 23:37   #183
BHPian

Fastag activated in Chennai - Hyderabad route, Any idea?
Old 29th March 2016, 10:29   #184
BHPian

last week i travelled between Bangalore and Hyderabad, except Devanahalli Toll plaza, none other on the highway is enabled with FastTag yet and even the toll staff doesn't have idea about it. Staff in some of the Toll plaza's not aware what is FastTag even though there is a separate lane marked as "FastTag".
Old 29th March 2016, 23:21   #185
BHPian

I applied for FASTag in Mumbai and received in 2 weeks time. It was a very smooth procedure for me and the employee at ICICI Bank helped me immensely towards this by taking my case over WhatsApp, etc.

I have applied the sticker right behind ORVM but it looked tilted. So, I pulled it out and pasted again on the windshield from within but it is looking tilted when I see from outside. Those of you who have used it successfully on atleast one occasion, please guide if this would create any problem or not. THe side saying FASTag and providing a toll free number is inside while the side showing a balance like structure (taraazu jaisa) is outside. This piece of info is crucial please.

I tried using it on Mumbai Pune Expressway in both directions. While going to Pune, the guy was not aware about any such tag and asked me the last 4 digits of the tag. It showed card invalid on his computer screen and I paid cash. He said that the ETC that works on Mumbai Pune Eway is available only at their toll plazas.
During return, the guy at counter said that there is something from ICICI Bank toll card that works but not mine. Again, did the task of showing tag number but it was showing card invalid.

I did travel towards Wai and showed this on KhedShivapur toll. THe guy at toll booth was very well aware of FASTag and said that there are so many other vehicles entering in tag lane and negligible users of this tag passing through, they have stopped accepting FASTag but it was active a few days ago for some time. Good to see that he was atleast aware of the same. DUring return I did not inquire at all.

At all the 3 tolls mentioned up, there was no board of 'FASTag' but I had entered lanes marked as ETC.

Disappointing to see this but I hope things would be different from April onwards. Atleast, the people entering ETC lanes need to be stopped/discouraged or fined extra. An employee of ICICI Bank had informed me that this project would be up from April 2016 on a larger scale and I hope to see some traces of implementation there.
Old 30th March 2016, 08:50   #186
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Recently, I drove Chennai>Hyderabad>Sagar>Indore>Bangalore. Assuming successful usage of my FASTag, I recharged my account with ₹ 2,000 prior to starting my trip. In one toll plaza on NH 5 in AP, when I honked, the security guy consulted his superior over walkie-talkie and opened the temporary barricade of the exclusive FASTag lane and allowed me to pass through. But, the toll amount was not deducted! I experienced the same free pass-through in Attiebele toll plaza on NH 7 near Bangalore twice.

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-screenshot_20160330080408655.jpeg

At Kini toll plaza on NH 4 in MH, I was following a truck on the dedicated FASTag lane. I even handed over a ₹ 100 note to the toll-collector, assuming FASTag won't work. Miraculously, I saw the display reading 'Valid Tag' appearing all of a sudden and the boom went up. Stunned, the toll-collector called his superior, who came running to the toll-booth, saw the monitor and uttered my XUV 500's registration number loudly to the toll-collector, who entered it and returned the ₹ 100 note promptly! In all other toll plazas, my FASTag didn't work even on the exclusive FASTag lanes. I will have to use the balance in my FASTag account for the drives between Bangalore and Chennai.
J.Ravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 10:19   #187
BHPian

Looks like a FastTag top-up can cost you 10% lesser. New scheme in store to attract consumers.

LINK
Old 31st March 2016, 12:18   #188
Team-BHP Support

I am a bit confused here. Why all this idiotic application process. Why not just go to a toll plaza, pay cash, and stick card to car?

The purpose of NHAI is toll collection. However the govt also wants it to be part of car tracker system. So slow adoption, esp in rural areas, and then most people just go to tag lane anyways.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 00:33   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
last week i travelled between Bangalore and Hyderabad, except Devanahalli Toll plaza, none other on the highway is enabled with FastTag yet and even the toll staff doesn't have idea about it. Staff in some of the Toll plaza's not aware what is FastTag even though there is a separate lane marked as "FastTag".
Which lane did u use in Devnahalli. I have been thru so many times, my reader never got read. I asked at the plaza as well, people were clueless all the time.
Old 4th April 2016, 18:43   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am a bit confused here. Why all this idiotic application process. Why not just go to a toll plaza, pay cash, and stick card to car?
I guess they wanted to avoid the chance of any corruption in getting the card since vehicle category is also updated along with the card.

Suppose, someone is able to convince a toll booth attendant to enter my truck as a car, I could keep saving huge toll amount each time I use FasTag. By making the point of sale as a single person, they can have better accountability I guess.

However, that said, this is a highly under marketed utility. Give a small discount for FastTag users and I guess frequent and heavy vehicle users may migrate making the scheme more viable.
Old 7th April 2016, 15:21   #191
BHPian

While coming back from Chennai on Tuesday (6th Apr) - I joined the GQ in Ranipet (came via tiruttani, sohilngur). All the tolls accepted FasTag (except Krishnagiri), including the attibelle toll.

These lanes are barricaded but if you go near it and honk or flash lights - the security guard sees the FasTag and let's you in. Then - it's a quick breeze.

I got messages from ICICI after about 15 mins of crossing each toll except attibelle, which took almost 36+ hours to send me a message. Strange.

I hope Krishnagiri will also have a FasTag enabled lane - so that the wait time considerably reduces.
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 20:33   #192
BHPian

Today FastTag lane was working in Namakkal Toll. There were not allowing me to go, I need to stop and tell the Security to see the sticker then he allowed me.
Old 11th April 2016, 10:14   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Only place where i could try is the Electronic City toll and it worked without any issue. Like most of the folks here said, Fastag system in Attibele is not working. But they let you go through that dedicated lane and You wont be charged for it

Hi, Are you referring to E-city Elevated Highway??

I just got my FastTag RFID a Week back as a first trail run used E-city Elevated toll way.
I tried to pass through the FastTag lane toward E-City Phase-1(towards Infosys Gate), but Toll staff saying that the regular FastTag RFID will now work here and also they were asking for different pass which they are scanning Manually.
Old 11th April 2016, 11:47   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Today FastTag lane was working in Namakkal Toll. There were not allowing me to go, I need to stop and tell the Security to see the sticker then he allowed me.
Great. So finally at least one toll started to work in Salem-Namakkal-Kanyakumari Stretch ! Hope all other tolls start accepting FASTag ETC.

-Ravi
Old 11th April 2016, 21:28   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi, Are you referring to E-city Elevated Highway??

I just got my FastTag RFID a Week back as a first trail run used E-city Elevated toll way.
I tried to pass through the FastTag lane toward E-City Phase-1(towards Infosys Gate), but Toll staff saying that the regular FastTag RFID will now work here and also they were asking for different pass which they are scanning Manually.
I just passed through the Fastag lane. Their system automatically read the Fastag.
Closed Thread