Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 28th April 2016, 08:50   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Folks. In the NH7-NH47 highway from Bangalore to Kerala, what are the toll booths which has got FastTag setup? I may have to do a trip next month and so thought of setting up FastTag on my vehicle itself. My understanding is that only ICICI are the "vendors" for this at the moment.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:04   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
The Fastag system on the Bangalore airport to city lane is not functioning. On reaching the entrance to the Fastag lane the security guard diverted me to the adjacent cash line. At the booth the supervisor appeared and allowed me to pass through free of cast. Since I am a daily commuter on this route, I should recover my investment in the Rs 500 investment in the Fastag in 4 days!!!!.
Update.. As of 27th evening the fastag lane is working but the toll is not getting deducted from the account .
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 11:39   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Folks. In the NH7-NH47 highway from Bangalore to Kerala, what are the toll booths which has got FastTag setup? I may have to do a trip next month and so thought of setting up FastTag on my vehicle itself. My understanding is that only ICICI are the "vendors" for this at the moment.
You can find the list of Tolls in below link.

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...page?#toptitle

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 12:05   #229
BHPian

In Bangalore-Chennai highway, Krishnagiri toll plays hide and seek for FastTag. 2 days back drove to Bangalore from Coimbatore, the toll attendant at Krishnagiri would not understand FastTag and wanted a smart card! Then after wasting 5 minutes, he noted the vehicle number and let us pass. I did not get any SMS. On return trip day after I am wondering what it is going to be! Cheers
Old 28th April 2016, 13:39   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
In Bangalore-Chennai highway, Krishnagiri toll plays hide and seek for FastTag. 2 days back drove to Bangalore from Coimbatore, the toll attendant at Krishnagiri would not understand FastTag and wanted a smart card! Then after wasting 5 minutes, he noted the vehicle number and let us pass. I did not get any SMS. On return trip day after I am wondering what it is going to be! Cheers
Almost similar thing happend to me when i was driving to Madras last friday. They had a dedicated lane, but without the gate/barrier under construction. The security at entrance of lane, let me drive through the lane, but the toll booth guy came rushing and said its still not ready. But later, noted my number and allowed me to pass through after noting the car number.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 28th April 2016 at 13:40.
Old 29th April 2016, 09:19   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
The Fastag system on the Bangalore airport to city lane is not functioning. On reaching the entrance to the Fastag lane the security guard diverted me to the adjacent cash line. At the booth the supervisor appeared and allowed me to pass through free of cast. Since I am a daily commuter on this route, I should recover my investment in the Rs 500 investment in the Fastag in 4 days!!!!.
Update on 28th evening ..

When I approached the fastag lane the traffic lights were green (should have been red) and the boom barrier was open (should be closed). As I crossed the sensors, the lights turned red and the boom barrier closed ahead of me.

On the advise of the toll staff I reversed and tried again and the system worked perfectly second time around.

The toll is still not being deducted
Old 29th April 2016, 13:04   #232
Senior - BHPian

All Mumbaikars, Applying for Fast tag now means getting a 10% Discount which would be calculated at the month end and credited back to your account, Saw posters for the same at every toll till Gujarat, Which also mentioned the icici fast tag link to apply for.

I might finally get it now.
Old 29th April 2016, 13:08   #233
Senior - BHPian

Paid by cash at Karjeevanhally plaza ( Tumkur-Chitradurga section) on 27th and got an SMS today stating that my ETC account has been deducted !

At the toll gate , I asked the operator if FASTag was working. He told me it was operational on the next lane and not his, so I paid by cash. I've raised a dispute transaction on the ICICI FASTag website.
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-toll.jpg  

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-screenshot_20160429130157.png  

sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 14:55   #234
Senior - BHPian

More problems with FASTtag . I travelled on the Mumbai-Pune expressway and the toll is 195/-, but I get 117/- deducted twice instead. Probably FAStag counted this as 2 separate trips from Mum-Lonavla ( 117 ) and Lonavla-Pune(117), and I end paying 234/-. I've raised another dispute on the ICICI fastag website.
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-toll2.png  

sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:02   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
More problems with FASTtag . I travelled on the Mumbai-Pune expressway and the toll is 195/-, but I get 117/- deducted twice instead. Probably FAStag counted this as 2 separate trips from Mum-Lonavla ( 117 ) and Lonavla-Pune(117), and I end paying 234/-. I've raised another dispute on the ICICI fastag website.
Now that is simply unacceptable, They need to make sure all such mistakes are rectified properly before they want the public to adapt fast tag completely, Another annoying thing is that most of the fast tag lanes are used by cars paying in cash too, So anyways we would have to wait in the queue, Might as well pay in cash then
Old 29th April 2016, 15:42   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like, early adopters are facing the brunt of teething issues with the deployment of FASTtag system. Hope these issues get resolved soon.

I had a doubt, wonder if anyone has an answer for this?
So far, when one was sure of his/her travel plan, he/she could buy a two way toll ticket at ~1.5 times the toll (for a return journeys within 24 hours).

Just curious to know, if the FASTtag system can auto-detect such occurrences and automatically deduct a lesser amount instead of the full toll amount if the return journey happens to be within 24 hours?

Last edited by naut : 29th April 2016 at 15:49. Reason: corrections
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 20:04   #237
j76
BHPian

Quote:
I would be very interested to know how this got sorted out. Please do update once resolved.

I have installed the FASTag on my car and will be doing the Mumbai Pune trip next weekend. I am guessing this is something that I would have to deal with as well.
Old 30th April 2016, 12:59   #238
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore trip on Thursday and Friday, here is the experience with FasTag:
Onward:
1.BETL down ramp, Electronics City - worked like a charm, the security guy manning the entry into the ETC lane asked me several times if I had the tag, when I pointed towards the FasTag RFID sticker he was convinced and said "Oh Bank, hogi saar" (Oh, the Bank tag, go ahead). Received confirmation SMS for this.

2.Attibele - there were only buses taking the FasTag lane on extreme left and the security guy let me in after seeing the RFID sticker, he asked to maintain good distance with the vehicle in front as the automated barricade can crash the windshield if you're not watching. The sensor detected the RFID, displayed "Thanks, proceed" and the barricade opened. Received confirmation SMS for this.

3.Krishnagiri - there was some new signage about Fastag (a white colored flex board) but the lane was closed. I took another lane and asked the operator about FasTag and he said its not working . Paid cash Rs.60

4.Thoppur - Same as Krishnagiri! Paid cash Rs.86

5.Salem - took the FasTag lane, the toll booth operator said sensor did not recognize the RFID so try going back and entering the lane, luckily no vehicles behind us so tried couple of times, it didn't work so paid cash Rs.54

6.Vaigundam - lane was closed, the security guy said "Fast track" is not yet ready when I enquired with him, paid cash Rs.49

7.Chengapalli - there was no signage for FasTag/ETC, paid cash Rs.85, too expensive for such a short stretch

Return:
1.Paid Chengapalli Rs.85 and Kumarapalayam Rs.49 tolls both cash (no FasTag at both these tolls)

2.We took Sankari bypass-Edappady-Tharamangalam-Omalur, so next toll was Kumarapalayam, again FasTag lane was closed so paid cash Rs.49

3.Thoppur - Paid cash Rs.86

4.Krishnagiri - FasTag lane was open but it did not have any sensor so when I asked the attendant in the toll booth he called someone on the intercom, entered the car registration number on his terminal and asked me to proceed. Still haven't received the confirmation SMS for this (Rs.60)

5.Attibele - took the FasTag lane, the first checkpoint showed the green light and the second light a little ahead also was green but by the time I reached it, light turned Red and displayed the registration number of the bus behind me In between these 2 lights there are speed humps and I took them slowly by which time the next vehicle (bus) had entered, so I did not see my car's registration number displayed at the second checkpoint. However, few minutes later I got a confirmation SMS

6.Elevated Road, Electronics city up-ramp - took the FasTag lane, sensor did not recognize and the attendant manually opened the barricade saying I will receive the SMS soon, also asked me to have the RFID checked by ICICI! I still haven't received the SMS confirmation for this one

Last edited by NPV : 30th April 2016 at 13:02.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 13:52   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Did a Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore trip on Thursday and Friday,
7.Chengapalli - there was no signage for FasTag/ETC, paid cash Rs.85, too expensive for such a short stretch

Return:
1.Paid Chengapalli Rs.85 and Kumarapalayam Rs.49 tolls both cash (no FasTag at both these tolls)
Isn't the Karumathampatti toll operational yet? I do not see it in this list, hence asking. Or did you deviate before?
Old 30th April 2016, 15:42   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Did a Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore trip on Thursday and Friday, here is the experience with FasTag:
Thanks!!! So FasTag installation in my vehicle moved to next quarter (Q2-FY16) .
Closed Thread