Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2016, 08:22   #256
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Can users of MEP tag clarify? 2 questions:

1. Can FASTag RIFD holders use their RFIDs at Mumbai entry points?
2. Can MEP RFID holders use their RFID tag at other FASTag toll plazas?
Answering your questions:
1) No.
2) No.

MEP RFID tags is totally different from FASTag RFID. Hence they can be used at the individual tolls only. MEP Tag can be used only at the mumbai entry point tolls only. FASTag RFID can be used at the designated 54 tolls all across the country. The tolls where FASTag RFID is applicable do have a dedicated lane called ETC lane which is used to move across the toll. The naming of the lane is similar for both MEP and FASTag access. Hope this clears the confusion.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:06   #257
BHPian

Default Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
The Fastag system on the Bangalore airport to city lane is not functioning. On reaching the entrance to the Fastag lane the security guard diverted me to the adjacent cash line. At the booth the supervisor appeared and allowed me to pass through free of cost. Since I am a daily commuter on this route, I should recover my investment in the Rs 500 investment in the Fastag in 4 days!!!!.
Update as of 2nd May evening.

The Fastag system failed to work. However I was allowed to pass through without payment of toll. In effect I have had a toll free experience for the last 6 days

I guess one fine day they will wake up recover the arrears.
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:22   #258
BHPian

Medchal to Nirmal - NH 7 - none of the toll gates have fast tag lanes.
Pune to Sholapur - I saw the last two gates with lanes, which had some RF ID boards (but not FAST Tag board). However Iam not sure if they are operational.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:22   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally I found time to apply for the FASTag.
Yesterday I had applied half a day leave to office due to some other personal work, So I had some time
I went to the Hosur road branch of ICICI and applied for the FASTag.
I had actually applied on-line before itself, but the bank employee told that it is not considered and hence I had fill up the physical form again.
All the documents were handed over and a cheque payment was made (minimum was 500 and I paid 1000)
I was told that there are too many applications now and my tag will mostly be ready by Tuesday next week.

Now, I have a BETL RFID (used rarely and recharged recently)
I know that FASTag will also work on BETL.
I do not need two RFIDs and moreover people have written here that amount will be deducted from both accounts!

Two questions:
Can I transfer my BETL RFID balance to FASTag? (I know I'm expectng too much too soon)
OR
Do we get back the remaining amount in BETL RFID if we surrender it? (I'm not very optimistic about this one too)

If answers to both the questions are 'NO', then I have two options:
1. Pasting the FASTag using tapes and removing it whenever I use BETL till the BETL RFID runs out of Balance
2. illegal and risky option, but giving it to a person using BETL.
Old 5th May 2016, 23:40   #260
Senior - BHPian

I received the Fastag yesterday and tested it in the EC toll today, they allowed me to pass in the Fastag lane but money has not been deducted. What could be the reason? Anyone has faced this issue?
Old 6th May 2016, 00:00   #261
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I received the Fastag yesterday and tested it in the EC toll today, they allowed me to pass in the Fastag lane but money has not been deducted. What could be the reason? Anyone has faced this issue?
They have intermittent problems with Fastag and allow you to pass, just enjoy the free ride for now. I think the NHAI toll plazas have been instructed to allow Fastag vehicles to pass if the scanners don't recognize them. Just last week I had 2 such experiences when returning from Coimbatore. Reason I say this is that in the first instance, the operator called his supervisor, apprised him of the situation that the sensor didn't work, then got his permission to let the car pass without paying.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 17:38   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Did a Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore trip on Thursday and Friday, here is the experience with FasTag
Thanks for the detailed update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Update as of 2nd May evening. The Fastag system failed to work. However I was allowed to pass through without payment of toll. In effect I have had a toll free experience for the last 6 days
I guess one fine day they will wake up recover the arrears.
Or maybe not I have understood that no toll is to be collected if the reader does not work.

Here is an excerpt from the FAQs,

How would I cross toll plaza, if ETC equipment are not working?
In case ETC equipment are not working and your FASTag account is having sufficient balance, we will allow your vehicle to pass.

We should, maybe, carry a printed copy in the car at all times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Quote:
They have intermittent problems with Fastag and allow you to pass, just enjoy the free ride for now. I think the NHAI toll plazas have been instructed to allow Fastag vehicles to pass if the scanners don't recognize them.
The FasTag system at EC continues to baffle me. The only saving grace is that the e-toll gates are usually quite free here.
Old 8th May 2016, 10:27   #263
BHPian

Fastag was tested yesterday on Sriperumbudur toll plaza. The return fare was deducted appropriately and no excess deductions. Frustrating part was that all vehicles were allowed on Fastag lanes.
couswheels is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 10:30   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, we drove Gurgaon-Palwal-YE-Kanpur. I did not see a single Fastag badge. I did see a couple of Electronic Payment gates, I guess there are or will become (after Etawah) Fastag.
Old 8th May 2016, 17:46   #265
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note,I wonder what the traffic cops and RTA guys would look for as proof for date of entry into the state once the RFIDs are in place!!😂
Old 9th May 2016, 11:50   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
On a lighter note,I wonder what the traffic cops and RTA guys would look for as proof for date of entry into the state once the RFIDs are in place!!😂
Guess you can show them the SMS's that you receive every time the toll gets deducted !
Old 9th May 2016, 11:58   #267
BHPian

On Saturday(7-May) i travelled on NH16 from Guntur till Naidupet(OTW to Tirupati).
Dedicated Lines for FasTag are opened now in three toll plazas with Manual barricades at entrance. I was allowed when i stopped and signalled in front of FasTag lane.
At two places people came with handheld devices and scanned but no money deducted from my account but allowed me to pass through the lane. when asked they hinted it is detected but actually not.
At third plaza they allowed directly through scanners but again no sign of transaction.

One toll near Nellore has FasTag, but they didn't opened, when asked in other counter, they said i am the first person to enquire about FasTag.

Other Toll near Gudur No hints of FasTag yet.

On Sunday(8-May) entered Bangalore except at Hoskote, other two toll have no FasTag. Hoskote FasTag lane is open for normal toll, staff said FasTag not started.

Its been more than a Month since i took FasTag from ICICI- Bommanahalli and travelled 2000+Kms in Highways(NH16, NH7) alone but not even one transaction on Fastag .

Planning to check this at least on BETL- Hosur Road today to verify that there is no issue with RFID Tag itself.

While I am busy in Posting this, I received a message of deduction at Bollapalli Toll Plaza(NH16) with transaction date as 09-05-2016, but actually i passed thru this lane on 07-05-2016.

Last edited by PMK-MoJo : 9th May 2016 at 12:08. Reason: Update::
Old 10th May 2016, 08:14   #268
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night was on my way back home from the Bangalore airport around 9pm. I wanted to try Fastag if it was available but the signage for it was placed on top of the existing one for Lane 2 and much smaller than the usual ones seen at other toll plazas. By the time I saw it, I was too close to the lane 3 toll booth and a long median for Lane 2 ensured I could not enter that lane. When I paid cash at the toll booth I also enquired with the attendant and he said Fastag is operational, next time though for me!
Old 10th May 2016, 08:25   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Fuel bills will be demanded. its all the more important now that people have a bill from their home state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Guess you can show them the SMS's that you receive every time the toll gets deducted !
Some cops may not have any idea about Fastag and also if they are not in a good "mood" then also they will not accept the SMS
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 09:41   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Last night was on my way back home from the Bangalore airport around 9pm. I wanted to try Fastag if it was available but the signage for it was placed on top of the existing one for Lane 2 and much smaller than the usual ones seen at other toll plazas. By the time I saw it, I was too close to the lane 3 toll booth and a long median for Lane 2 ensured I could not enter that lane. When I paid cash at the toll booth I also enquired with the attendant and he said Fastag is operational, next time though for me!
I pass through this toll every evening . For the last 2 weeks the automatic opening has not been working consistently. Since I am a daily (one of the few) user , they recognize my car and I am allowed through by manual operations even if the system does not work.

Last evening it worked automatically.

So far the toll is not being deducted from my fastag account. It appears that Fastag is currently a free pass through the toll booth. The trick is to stand one's ground and insist on going through the fastag lane in spite of the staff declaring that it is not working.

Last edited by adnaps : 10th May 2016 at 09:51. Reason: Correction
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread