Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10th July 2016, 10:21   #391
BHPian

Default Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Procuring the Tag was hassle free and it took about 2 weeks for me to get the Tag after submitting the documents to the ICICI representative who came to my office to pick them.
NHAI office at Hyderabad is located down the road from the Green Mosque on Road No. 3 of Banjara Hills very close to All Seasons Restaurant and Shadab Take Away.

Carry the RC of the car apart from 1 passport photo plus DL plus Aadhaar of the owner of that car (all originals and 1 xeroxes), minimum 500/- in cash (more if you want to load more money into the tag account), the car for which you need the tag and the presence of the owner of the car (to sign the application).

Walk in, fill and sign the form, handover the documents and the ICICI person sitting there for processing the FasTags will verify your application, load it online on the spot, activate the account, activate the RFID on the tag and affix it on the front windshield, all in maximum 15 minutes.

And you are good to go on the highway right there and then.

At the moment, the tag is accepted only at Raikal toll which is between Shadnagar and Jadcherla on the Hyderabad to Kurnool route while other tolls are not yet ready.

Raikal toll operator also sells and activates the tags on the spot subject to proper documentation being submitted.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 13:06   #392
BHPian

I have cr70 film on the windscreen. Will the tag work if pasted on the film directly? Or will I have to cut & remove a small section to paste it on the glass
Old 10th July 2016, 13:19   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I have cr70 film on the windscreen. Will the tag work if pasted on the film directly? Or will I have to cut & remove a small section to paste it on the glass
it will work. no need to remove the cr70 film.
I have that too on my car and it works without any issue.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 14:23   #394
Senior - BHPian

Will it work if I simply leave place the sticker on the dash and not actually stick it on the windshield?

I dislike all stickers on my car and have luckily managed without one so far.
Old 11th July 2016, 14:57   #395
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Will it work if I simply leave place the sticker on the dash and not actually stick it on the windshield?
I'd asked the same question to the ICICI executive who came with the tag to my place and he said it has to be on the top of the windshield at the centre of the glass area.
And, this one does not look odd or even look like other stickers so it should be fine From the inside, your IRVM will block this out of sight, not too bad from the outside as well, need to look very closely to spot it as it's just a narrow strip.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 15:03   #396
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, let me get it and see if I can initially try the dashboard tactic.

Good idea about the IRVM but in my Octavia there is a bunch of sensors mounted on a panel just behind; so will need to do R&D.
Old 11th July 2016, 15:21   #397
BHPian

Quote:

I dislike all stickers on my car and have luckily managed without one so far.
Theoretically it should work. However the guards at the toll booth are used to visually locating the tag behind the Rear view mirror.

For ease of identification by toll staff , it is advisable to place the tag behind the rear view mirror.
Old 11th July 2016, 16:14   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good idea about the IRVM but in my Octavia there is a bunch of sensors mounted on a panel just behind; so will need to do R&D.
I'm planning to get one and this is worrying me as well. I have a huge bunch of City Safety sensors behind the IRVM on the windshield as seen in the attached photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-v40-city-safety.jpg  

Last edited by reignofchaos : 11th July 2016 at 16:15.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:10   #399
sud
BHPian

Quote:

I got it installed in my octavia just behind the irvm without affecting sensors. It is completely hidden behind the irvm and doesnot block any view ahead.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 12:31   #400
Senior - BHPian

For Bangaloreans wanting FasTAG:

Visit ICICI Bank Bomanahalli (Hosur Road) with the following:

Documents (originals may be required for verification):
1. RC COPY OF VEHICLE
2. 1 PP size photo
3. ANY 2 KYC DOCUMENTS LIKE DL/PANCARD/PASSPORT/VOTERID/AADHAR CARD

Payment:
Cheque in favor of ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC for Rs.510
(200 JOINING FEE+service tax 10 + 200 ON VEHICLE REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT +100 MINIMUM UPLOAD AMOUNT)

Timelines:
If in person, ICICI folks should be able to do it immediately OTC. If via courier, processing time is 5 working days.

Hope this helps! A monetary incentive is that NHAI has formally agreed to give 10% cashback on all toll spends in FY2016-17

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th July 2016 at 12:36. Reason: Bold
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 12:52   #401
BHPian

Quote:
For Bangaloreans wanting FasTAG:

Visit ICICI Bank Bomanahalli (Hosur Road) with the following:
Timelines:
If in person, ICICI folks should be able to do it immediately OTC.
Did you get the tag immediately?

For me, the guy from bommanahalli branch collected the documents on 4th july and being ICICI cheque, payment cleared very next day. But still no further update on this and if i call him, i get a response of "still in process" :(
Old 12th July 2016, 13:44   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Payment:
Cheque in favor of ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC for Rs.510
(200 JOINING FEE+service tax 10 + 200 ON VEHICLE REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT +100 MINIMUM UPLOAD AMOUNT)
I visited the branch and submitted all the docs today morning. I gave cheque of Rs. 500. Now I am worried about the Rs. 10 part?!

Edit: The joining form, as well as the website mentions that the tag fee of 200 includes all applicable taxes:
(Tag Joining Fee* 200 including all applicable taxes) Also mentions this:
*Service tax will be levied on all the prescribed fees & charges at the applicable rates.

Confusing!

Quote:
Timelines:
If in person, ICICI folks should be able to do it immediately OTC.
Really? I wasn't even given this option! Again, OTC means cash transaction, which I was told is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
For me, the guy from bommanahalli branch collected the documents on 4th july and being ICICI cheque, payment cleared very next day. But still no further update on this and if i call him, i get a response of "still in process" :(
I was told that it will take one week for the tag. The other lady I talked to mentioned that if I give ICICI cheque, the tag will be ready in 4 days. Guess I need to wait more! (I gave an ICICI cheque)

Last edited by bejoy : 12th July 2016 at 13:56.
Old 12th July 2016, 14:08   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I'm planning to get one and this is worrying me as well. I have a huge bunch of City Safety sensors behind the IRVM on the windshield as seen in the attached photo.
I have pasted it on the top left corner and it has worked fine so far. I was told that as long as it is on the top of the windscreen, it should work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I was told that it will take one week for the tag. The other lady I talked to mentioned that if I give ICICI cheque, the tag will be ready in 4 days. Guess I need to wait more! (I gave an ICICI cheque)
For me they told it will take 3 days but surprisingly the account got activated in a day. I had submitted a ICICI cheque.
Maybe now the demand has increased and hence its taking more time.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 15:45   #404
BHPian

I have called Nagesh (+91-9986580842) from ICICI bank (Bangalore), he came and collected the application, documents and the cheque on 13th July 2016 from my office. He said it will be done in 7 working days and requested me to call him once I get an SMS on the mobile for him to complete mapping. I am hoping that I will get it on 20th July 2016.

He also mentioned that volume of requests have increased and hence there is some processing delay.
Old 15th July 2016, 16:15   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
NHAI office at Hyderabad is located down the road from the Green Mosque on Road No. 3 of Banjara Hills very close to All Seasons Restaurant and Shadab Take Away.
========
Raikal toll operator also sells and activates the tags on the spot subject to proper documentation being submitted.
Thanks for all the info, interesting!!!
Could you please let me know, how is the multi trip toll fee concession accounted in FASTag scenario.
(Eg One way if it costs say Rs 56, multi-trip costs around Rs89, valid for 24 hours)
Closed Thread